Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ravenclaw79

Strawberry Moon 2009

Wild strawberries, strawberry flower, vanilla-infused sugar, early summer grasses, and milky dandelion sap.

Strawberry Moon-

In Bottle: Ripe strawberries, and tart unripe strawberries (maybe a hint of cherry?), and a grassy, hay-like scent.

Wet: Crushed strawberries and grasses.

Dry: The grasses and the strawberry sort of fight for dominance all the way through the drydown, and eventually a faint light flowery scent comes to join, which must be the strawberry flower. Fruit and grasses remain the dominant scents, though. As a foodie lover I like this quite a bit. It's a nice variant from the candy strawberry scents one finds.

Overall: Very pleasant variant on strawberry scents! Edited by Shollin

This is nice. Not spectacular on my skin but pleasant.

In the bottle it's kind of a sweet, wet, herbal strawberry. (The bf said bubblegum and I guess I could see a low-sugar bubblegum because it wasn't as sweet as I thought it would be.)

Wet it starts to get nicer and a little sweeter but the sap starts emerging making this turn somewhat green.

Dry I get wafts of dry strawberries and the stemmy note.

After about an hour it turned to plastic :cry2:

Ah well, I'll stick with White Choc strawberry and maenad I suppose.

I'm so glad this wasn't just another candy-sweet strawberry scent! Instead, Strawberry Moon '09 is something more unique I think. This is a fresh, realistic bite of strawberry with the milky-sweet snap of dandelion stems. On my skin, those two notes duke it out all the way through the drydown without either one of them really being the stronger. It has less noticeable vanilla than I got from the tester at will call, but it's still lovely. Very clean, lightly fruity and so summery. :wub2:

In bottle: yummy, yummy strawberry bliss

Wet: mmm strawberry, I kinda want to lick my arm

After 15 minutes: still very strawberry but the grass has come out of hiding. What a lovely addition.

I could still smell Strawberry Moon on my skin after four hours. The addition of the grass keeps this scent very clean and refreshing. Still mouth-watering though.

Bottle: Sweet strawberry bubblegum

Wet: Big POP of Bubbalicious strawberry bubblegum against a bright green summer lawn. The strawberry note is mild in comparison to the 2005 version.

Dry: The strawberry fades away to almost nothing as this dries. At one point this smells a lot like a strawberry herbal tea I have. Eventually the strawberry is barley detectable and I'm left with a sweet, mildly fruity grassy note.

Verdict: This is definitley a lot different than the 2005 version. The Strawberry note is more sophisticated and well-blended in this one. I really love both but I still like the 2005 version better (since the strawberry note lasts a lot longer in the 2005 version).

2009 is gorgeous and something I will be reaching for a lot. My husband LOVES this one on me :)

Edited by Monster

Fresh ripe strawberries and the grass note in Blade of Grass (my opinion). This is different than the 05 version. I like them both but if I had to choose I'd pick 05.

This definitely is like a fresh, very sweet, strawberry. On wet, it almost has a watermelon candy aspect to it. As it dries however, the strawberry starts to get the faintest edge of plastic. Enough to turn it from a real strawberry to strawberry bubblicious gum. Yes, definitely more GUM than, say, freshness.

Ah well.

I was sooo excited about Strawberry Moon '09. I've been on a major strawberry kick lately. This really doesn't smell good on me though. Oddly, it doesn't smell like strawberries at all to me :/ almost to the point where I wonder if I got a bad bottle. But I bought two bottles of this, and both bottles smell the same.

This smells like really bitter grass to me, with no berry to be found. It starts off as a pale, watery, green grass smell and then morphs into bitter grass. No vanilla sugar and no strawberry. I usually like the lab's dandelion note, but I don't like the bitterness that I smell in this blend. As it dries down, I'm getting a hint of baby powder in the mix. It's very faint on my skin.

Weird, and sad :(. This blend sounded so good to me, and the label art is my favorite lunacy artwork *ever.* The oil just isn't working on me. The lab's White Chocolate & Strawberry smells like awesome, true strawberry on me with a bit of extra sweetness. I even like the original Strawberry Moon's fakey strawberry more than this newer version. I was hoping this would be mostly strawberry with a hint of greenery... oh well. Hopefully this will get better with age, and maybe the strawberry will come out to play. Right now, though, it's definitely not a winner for me.

This is my total dream strawberry scent! When it's wet it smells just exactly like perfectly ripe strawberries with the stems still on. Once it hits my skin some green notes come out and it smells like strawberries in a garden that are covered in early morning dew. It's not too sugary sweet. It's not too foody. It's just perfect.

I really don't have much to add, the reviews are spot on. In the bottle, this is very realistic strawberry, with a touch of bitter greens. On, much the same, but kind of faint, and the greens are slipping into the background. As strawberry scents go, this is much nicer than the candylike fake-ish strawberry you get so often in other blends like Candy Phoenix, Velvet Unicorn, and I've heard, the previous Strawberry Moon. Still, I'm not wowed, and I'm not sure why I'm not wanting to smell like a strawberry today. I thought I could add this to Velvet Pink Kitty of strawberry scents that I can wear, but now I'm not sure. Maybe it's just too real. I like it OK enough, still with a bit of "meh" factor. Maybe the hype overkilled for me. Not giving up on this one yet, and will try again in a few days.

eta: After a couple of hours, I do get a muskiness along with the strawberry. It's probably the greens coming out. It's better now, but still quite faint. Still nice, but I'm still not excited over this one.

Edited by milo

To me in the bottle this smells like fresh picked strawberries sitting in a bowl with vanilla cream. On the drydown there is a greenness that comes out that tempers the sweetness of the berries. I had to hide this one it is so good.

This is amazing- Strawberry Moon fades faster on me than Dana O'Shee, and I never thought I'd see a blend do that. It's gone way before the oil is dry! Hopefully with some age it will hang around more, or maybe in my scent locket. :nervous: But on to the actual scent while I can smell it! Actually, I don't find the strawberry scent at all realistic- when I smell it, I desperately crave those strawberry "flavored" fruit snacks. Maybe the vanilla sugar + strawberry is making it smell like that. I don't smell any dandelion or grass, both of which I was a bit leery about. Hopefully with some age, the scent will hang around more- here's to hoping!

Chemical strawberries, with dandelion leaves, sugar-sweet. It's not bad, actually - it's not going sour or bitter on me, the way a lot of the fruity scents do. Don't know that I'd wear this one around - I smell like strawberry candy and I'm not so hot about strangers lickin' on me! - but it's not a bad scent.

At first I was going to pass over this moon because my experiences with strawberry scents had all been of the cavity-inducing-chemical-candy kind, but the more I looked at the notes the better it sounded as a summer blend and in the end I took a gamble and ordered a bottle.

I'm glad to say it paid off: I find Strawberry Moon a bit too sweet in the bottle -kinda like a bowl of sugared strawberries with something almost boozy...alchermes? Not the fake bleargh sweetness anyway- but on my skin the sap comes out more and this turns into a perfect outdoor scent, all grass, a touch of pungent sap and the strawberries in the background.

It's laying in the garden under the sun, half asleep, the above mentioned bowl of srawberries waiting on a table nearby, their sweetness carried by the breeze so that it's there one moment and the next all you can smell is warm grass.

Edited by inkaddict

Ripe strawberries, sweetened with sugar and green, green grass. It is juicy, lush and crisp. I love how the grass and strawberries combine for a very realistic smell of fresh picked strawberries, and I adore how this is not overly sweet.

Beautiful scent for the summer.

Strawberry Moon 2009 has been a weird scent for me, because it starts off okay but not great, then ends up quite lovely, but it takes so long to get there. Wet, it's very tart fresh strawberries, with strong herbal green grass and dandelion sap predominating. The dandelion sap has a slightly sickly smell to it that I can't make myself get used to. Overall, it's both too tart and fake sickly sweet when it starts off -- a jarring combination.

As the scent dries down and relaxes into my skin, the vanilla sugar starts to come out and smooth things over. It's on far drydown that it becomes a light sugared vanilla-strawberry scent that I can finally enjoy. The strawberries are not the cloying berries of Maenad or Hollywood Babylon, here they're just light, sweet, and slightly tart. But because it's so light and faint, I have to reapply to get the effect, and I have to go through stages 1 and 2 again before I get to 3. So... it's not a comfortable scent for me.

I thought I was going to wash my hands of this scent, but I do like that final stage. I think I'll keep the bottle... although I'll probably sell my backup.

Edited by obsidienne

Strawberry is one of my favourite scents, so I was really excited about Strawberry Moon 09! :D

In the bottle, it's sweet, sharp, delicious strawberry. Kind of candy-like. It reminds me of strawberry laces!

Wet on my skin, it stays exactly the same as in the bottle, with a hint of sugar, and is really strong! I'm in heaven. It's so mouth-watering!

Drying off, a green, leafy scent starts to peek through the strawberry, and the sharpness tones down a little leaving a gorgeous, subtle fruity scent.

I wasn't disappointed!

Edited by redderz

It *doesn't* smell like strawberry candy, and it doesn't smell like a pint of fresh local strawberries, but I've smelled it before. More like a preparation of those local strawberries into a non-baked dessert, and being eaten outside, maybe at a Fourth party. On my skin it stays that way for about twenty minutes then turns into something stronger and greener, but I can live with it. A bouquet maybe of strawberries and dandelions. Or a salad.

Strawberry Moon 2009

This has been my go-to scent for June and this first week of July. As other reviewers stated, this isn't the candy strawberry confection of I Fell in Love with a Floating Brain or Velvet Pink Kitty (both of which I personally love). This is ripe strawberries with a dash of vanilla against a green background. I don't get much throw from SM, but it stays skin-close for hours and hours. I wish I'd purchased more bottles because I've already used up an imp's worth in the past month.

Strawberry Moon 2009 - I didn't buy this originally because I thought the dandelion was going to make it go horribly, horribly wrong on me. But I kept hearing such rave reviews, that I got myself a bottle. I love the scent. It smells like the taste of those wonderful strawberry hard candies with the soft strawberry center. Sugar-candy scents aren't usually my ideal type of fragrance, but the hint of bitter green plant notes blended with the sweet, sugary strawberry candy scent makes this really unique and quite lovely, in a sugar-candy summery sort of way. It is fairly subtle on my skin, but occasionally, I'll catch a gorgeous waft of it that is so delightful that it makes the subtlety almost worth it just to have those few moments of that "ahhh, this is GOOD" feeling. I'm going to try it in an oil burner, too, and see how it works in my house. Also, I think I'll try it in a scent locket to see if I can't get it to last longer that way. It's gorgeous and while it won't be a scent I grab all the time, I do think I'll be wearing it a lot over the course of the rest of the summer. Mmmm....yummy.

This is definitely in my top 10. While White Chocolate and Strawberry was like candied strawberries, or like straight-up candy, on me, Strawberry Moon '09 is like fresh strawberries from the farmer's market, complete with stems and greens. Unfortunately, it lasts very briefly on me, maybe 5 minutes, but that's ok: for this smell, I will re-apply as much as I need to!

This is my first review! Ever! I figured I should become more active on the forums, so I'm going to try to go through my (small) collection as I wear it. Starting today.

I wasn't around for the old Strawberry Moon, and I'm not a huge berry person, but I was encouraged by the green and sugar notes here - I was hoping for a realistic strawberry.

In the bottle: Smells like sugary strawberry candy - actually smells quite a bit like Bubblicious strawberry bubble gum, but I can detect a bit of floral lurking, too - perhaps the strawberry flower? I don't get much of the dandelion or vanilla notes.

Applied, wet: The smell alternates between the strawberry candy and the awakening of a nice, subtle herbal note - the dandelion sap coming alive!

Dried down: I'm amazed to see the reviews saying that the sap and green notes come to dominate, because on me, they're in the background. The end result is (I think someone said this before) just like the flavor of those ubiquitous strawberry candies with a soft center -- it's like my nose has turned into my mouth. (It's the weirdest thing!) Once in a while, the green notes come alive again, so it actually ends up balancing very well.

Verdict: I really love it - a great early summer scent. I've worn it quite often since I've gotten it. It's not totally a realistic strawberry, but it's probably as close as anyone can get.

Strawberry Moon 09

My first lunacy purchase!

in the imp: Very first whiff is strawberry candy. It makes me think of an actual candy I have had that was not too sweet. It had a soft chewy centre that I would always bite through the candy to get to, rather than wait for the candy to dissolve. Wow, I can really taste that! Yup, that is what I get, the strawberry candy from my past. Ah, I'm not the only one. Someone up thread made the same candy connection. The ones wrapped in strawberry printed foil.

wet: The green grass and vanilla start to come out and the green sharpens things up a bit. But just a bit, tempering the sweet. Wow, the berry smells ever better now. It is making me drool. This is just gorgeous and it is taking me to my happy place. :D

dry: I get the dandelion as it dries. Now, offhand, I would not think that dandelion would be a desirable scent. But the way it blends in with the strawberry, vanilla and grass is so subtle and lovely. These notes are all win on me. I don't find it at all syrupy or cloying. I can see how it could tip that way, but the other things in the blend are keeping the sweet in line. The throw is quite good for me and my perfume-eating skin. I had it on earlier while reading and kept getting lovely sniffs when I turned the pages.

I got a decant from a circle, since I was so new to BPAL that I had no idea what might work on me. The reviews sounded so good I snapped up the remaining 2 decants in the circle. I am now off in search of a bottle...

After a brief search, I finally found someone willing to sell me Strawberry Moon! Yesssss....

In the bottle it was tart strawberry candy layered over something green, bitter and herbaceous. And... huh, it's smells almost creamy. Weird.

On me I get the deeeeelicious dandelion sap note that I get in Roadhouse. Nommmm... and there's a small hint of strawberry plastic. Oops. But the plasticky note fades fast, and I end up with fresh ripe strawberries dusted with sugar. I also get a strange powdery sugar vibe, kind of like sticking my nose in a bag of confectioner's sugar--that sort of powdery. The grass and dandelion really stop the strawberry from becoming too candy-sweet. After a while the green notes come to the fore, and I end up with something that's really close to my skin--a soft, fresh and only slightly sweet strawberry scent, like I rolled around in a big barrel of grass and strawberries and came out with my skin lightly scented with the juices. Lovely.

I also let my boy sniff the wrist. His reaction: "Poached pears?" :umm:

In vial: faint. It's an artificial, candy-like strawberry.

Wet on skin: soft and sweet, slightly sharp, and very natural. Strawberry and green stuff and a hint of musk. Extremely wearable, but very light.

Dry on skin: the throw improves on drydown. More greenery appears and it's a very natural, outdoorsy kind of scent. Not at all foody or candyish. The sharp and fruity muskiness reminds me of Nowhere in Particular, but this is softer and sweeter.

The far drydown is creamy, with less strawberry and more grass. Creamy grass??? Not as weird as it sounds, though! Still sweet and musky and made of win! I have a feeling that I ought to like this more than I do - everything about is good, but I'm not really loving it! But after a few hours I can smell peach. Canned peach pie filling, to be precise! Very odd. I assume it's my skin doing this, so I return to the bottle and sniff deeply. And there it is again - peach! I must try this again when my nose isn't broken!

Second wearing: still a little peachy. This is a really pretty scent, so I can't work out why I don't like it more! Perhaps it's a little tame.