Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
topaz

Velvet Pink Kitty

Pink rock candy, strawberry cream, and splashes of gin, vermouth, and grenadine.

In the bottle and wet: Oh hi gin! The juniper scent really jumps out and tweaks your nose.

Dry: This reminds me of my great-grandmother's martinis-- she'd pour a glass of gin and wave the vermouth bottle over her glass and call it good. Scared me for a bit as martinis always smelled like motor oil when I was a kid. However, this martini has been garnished with a strawberry and stirred with a swizzle stick of rock candy-- a tart and sweet fruity tone that balances out the juniper. I can't say it blends together. It is rather like wearing two scents but they compliment each other nicely. This brings to mind a picture of a Anne Margaret in a vintage 50's dress, wearing pearls and white pumps after labor day, sipping from a martini glass in one hand and a long black cigarette holder in the other. Total vintage cocktail party!

Love it but I'd be afraid to wear it while driving. I'm too klutzy to pass a field sobriety test and if the 5-0 takes a whiff of me, they'd never believe I'm not soused

As a fan of such gin blends as Swank, Twenty-One, Golden Wave and Blue Fire, I felt safe in ordering a bottle of Velvet Pink Kitty unsniffed. I surely do not regret it! Its the crisp effervescent sort of cool I find in all of those scents, but in a fun and flirty form. Its strawberry cream, Shirley Temples and ice cold martinis together as one happy blend. A perfect scent for summer!

Did you like I Fell in Love with a Floating Brain? Do you wish you had more? If so, stock up on Velvet Pink Kitty. This is sweet strawberries and cream with the barest hint of gin and is soooo close to Floating Brain that I'm doing a happy little butt wiggle dance on my sofa.

Must not gnaw wrist.

Must not gnaw wrist.

Must not---

Nom nom nom...

Edited by MelanieSuzanne

Sniffing the bottle...it's a slightly boozy version of Floating Brain.

On my skin, it's the same wet and dry...strawberries and cream with a dash of booze. Definitely a pink scent.

bottle: like a slightly more tame version of swank.

wet: this is much nicer than swank. where swank is strong and nearly overpowering, the strawberry scent (which normally goes horribly wrong on me) makes this more like a drink with a scoop of ice cream floating in it. it's very playful.

dry: this dries to a nice, creamy booze scent. soft and yummy.

In the bottle: Strawberry and a teeny hint of a boozy drink.

On my skin: Woah, hello booze! No officer, I have NOT been drinking!!

A little too boozy for my tastes. I could pretty much smell the gin and vermouth overpowering the strawberry. Not as long lasting as the Velvet Unicorn on me.

In the bottle: Strawberry Gin.

On my skin: An effervescent, boozy, strawberry-creme. The alcohol is VERY strong at first, but after about 30-45 minutes it settles down to strawberries with a boozy-edge.

Edited by scrappy

I :evol: this! Wet: Champagne and strawberry.

Drydown: this is just as it is advertised!!! :joy: I can smell the pink rock candy, the strawberry creme, the gin and the vermouth. I :heart: this and I must find me a bottle or 2 NOW!!!!!

This is definitely my new party perfume! This wore well on me all day, making me crave fresh strawberry juice, but never losing that candy edge. I may have to order a second bottle of this one :wub2:

In the bottle: bright booze and strawberries. This smell carried right across the room, prompting my roommate to ask what drink I was mixing.

Wet: the gin provides a great 'ground' for the sweet sugar-coated strawberry smell. The smell keeps changing as I move around, one minute it is a pretty pink cocktail, the next its the girl on the couch that's had too much to drink and talks just a little too loud.

Dry: sweet strawberry, with just a hint of juniper. After a few hours, the boozy smell wears down to a beautiful pink scent. By no means 'light,' it is very cheerful and pretty.

Another winner from bpal! Uber boozy with strawberries is my best description or just pink booze. When it dries I get more booze than anything else and it has quite a bit of staying power. I put some on last night and I could still smell it on my wrist faintly this morning. I know this is gonna sound wierd but for some reason this reminds me of christmas...

It is a definite cousin of blue fire as it is the same gin note...it does not go overly boozy on me but none of the tiki collection did either...I love this gin note...keeps it from going candy..I get a tart strawberry and cream notes...this is a high end strawberry drink topped with vanilla cream...I even detect that familiar pink sugar note...pink sugar is one of the few commercial scents I really like...this one is another most have...I get people saying blue fire minus the blueberry add teenage cannibal

I was immediately reminded of Pink Phoenix when I put this on, but it was only that first few seconds that resembled it to me, after that it was nothing like Pink Phoenix. I got pink for sure (though BPAL's strawberry note never smells like strawberry on me, it does smell appropriate "pink" and sweet) and then I got the gritty scent I associate with BPAL's sugar note (such as in Sugar Skull) and then the juniper (the gin). It was really nice at first, but like most other sugar or candy blends, it disappears in record time. Within 2 minutes it was mostly gone from my skin. The remainder of the time it was a light juniper scent with a touch of sweetness. Little to no throw - pleasant enough but also a bit vague on me and just not enough "oomph" in this for my tastes.

Smelling this reminds me of the Strawberry Margarita Mousse that my boyfriend makes. Very tasty, but I am not sure if it actually agrees with me. On the skin it turns into a sickly sweet strawberry with a hint of booziness that is definitely gin. I will have to try it a few more times.

This is a fun scent... very pink, very boozy, esp at first. After about an hour, it's more of a dusty, pink, sugary-sweet smell. I really like it, and will keep my decant - not sure if I want a bottle though...

I did a side-by-side test today for someone who wanted to know if PK is a twin to I Fell in Love With a Floating Brain. Answer: Nope.

Kitty starts out with sweet fruit and a prominent boozy note. Brain is sweet and sugary with some sort of fruit, but no booze. As they dry, PK turns into a cousin of the Tikis (who said that? dead right) - strawberry and gin, mostly. Brain dries down to cake with a bit of caramel, and a hint of a burnt note. No idea where the fruit went. Maybe the brains ate them.

I like the fruit in Pink Kitty much better than in any of the Tikis, but still can't deal with the booziness.

I know everyone else thinks that kitty is boozy but to me in the bottle its junipera (soft not sharp) and strawberry very strong sweetie strawberry!

When its on it is slightly boozy but still strong stawberry!

Once dry I get strawberry candy lollypops mostly, grenadine and a waft of juniper maybe?

A few hours later iall that remains is grenadine soft syrupy sweet!

I love this one its the only bpal with strawberry in I've tried where the strawberry doesn't go belachy chemical nasty!

Nummy pink candy and gin! I like this a lot and have no criticism for it...it's just that...there's such a wealth of pink candy-ish scents floating about nowadays that I have no idea how to decide between them cuz I unfortunately can't get them all! This has a similar pink candy vibe to Velvet Unicorn, but with added citrus and a big ol' splash o' gin! Refreshing! Delightful! In essence, this is one drunk and sugar high pink kitty cat! Watch out!

In bottle: light strawberry juice

On skin: sweet strawberries floating in a spiked punchbowl of gin

Half-hour later: the gin is overpowering the sugar and strawberries, drat

In conclusion: I love the boozy blends, but the gin is aggressive against the candy and delicious sweet strawberries. I'd love more strawberry; maybe a jolt of Pink Phoenix or Floating Brain would help it along.

in the vial and wet on the skin, this seemed like the perfect mixed girlie drink: sweet, fruity and with a WHOLE LOT of alcohol. :drunk:

unfortunately, the juniper aspect of the gin, once dry, began to dominate and ceased to smell like gin- and just became a straight up juniper berry tree on me, mixed with a tiny bit of rock candy.

the scent is fun and sweet, something to be worn for a "girls' night out", but as for me, i'm gonna let someone else adopt this baby cat.

;)

In the bottle, this is intensely pink. It sort of smells like pink bubblegum to me, and lots of pink, sugary candy.

I *love* the lab's gin note and was hoping that it would keep this from smelling cloying on me. Unfortunately, I don't smell much of the gin, and this is overwhelmingly sweet on me. I wanted this to be like Blue Fire, with strawberry instead of blueberry, but the candy is just too overpowering.

This is loads of pink candy, sugar, and a hint of gin (which I always recognize as smelling like the blend Twenty-One, lol). And the gin disappears entirely after fifteen minutes, leaving me with crazed pink sugar candy and strawberry candy. It's much too much sweetness for me to handle. I thought that I'd love this blend and that Velvet Unicorn would be too sweet, but it's definitely the other way around.

Velvet Pink Kitty is cloying enough to give me a headache :(

In the bottle: this is a very fizzy scent. Like carbonated alcohol and a bit of strawberry candy.

On me: this stayed boozy for quite a while and I wasn't liking it as much as I thought I would. Luckily it settled down to more of a strawberry pop rocks scent, light and fizzy.

Overall: This could work if it were to deepen a bit more in the strawberry note. I really would like more of that fruit pop to it and I hope it develops as this ages.

That juniper note is the first thing that gets ya, because this has a TANG! in the edge of your nostrils. But underneath that, it is so pink and pretty that it surprised me. It's similar to very fresh and bubbly strawberry soda, if you added a generous shot of gin. It doesn't last long, but it outlasted VTiki on my skin.

Velvet Pink Kitty-

In Bottle: Gin. I LOVE bpal's gin note; Swank has always been one I like lots, and Blue Fire is one I've hoarded and love to wear.

Wet: Berry-ish, but so swallowed up by the juniper berries I can't really detect a different fruit. A hint of strawberry, just a hint. Very like Swank.

Dry: Swank. This does not make me sad, as I love Swank, but it's so like it that there's no point in my trying to collect this particular version.

Overall: Very yummy; just like Swank for me.

Urgh, this is such a disappointment for me. Pink Kitty initially smells glorious- creamy strawberry, bursts of booze, everything I usually adore in a scent. It turns on me though and morphs into this nauseating metallic smell- sort of like the inside of a car in peak summer heat. Really, really not for me. :( This bottle's off to the swaps, methinks.

Perfect! I love almost all gin blends and this one doesn't disappoint. It's veryveryvery juniper-y at first but becomes wonderfully effervescent and, yes, PINK. It's refreshing and light and not too boozey--just a perfect fruity cocktail. LOVE.