Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
bheansidhe

Velvet Bandito

Dust, tumbleweeds, cedar, and tobacco.

Mmmm. Smells like home - dust, tumbleweeds, and cedar wood. I don't get much in the way of clothes wet or dry. But it's a great close, soft, snuggly skin scent that's incredibly nostalgic.

This is a favorite immediately.

I get cloves...without the nose bite..a soft roundness to them as if they were steeped in simmering cream.

Dust and tobacco lend themselves to lighten it up a little and dry it all out. It's the most glorious thing I think

I've ever smelled. 10/10.

*goes to hoard VB*

Oh boy this one is just way too much for me. Super sweet and overwhelming cloves. Disappointing, I dont get any cedar or anything resembling dust. I prefer The Wild Men of Jezirat Al Tennyn for a clove scent thats way more complex and doesn't give me a headache.

2021- i got a bottle again and i really love it now

Every tea like and less overwhelming than i remember

Edited by Vaporeon

When I saw this on Etsy and read the notes I had to jump on it, even though I was super disappointed in the last Velvet I had tried (Dogs Playing Poker). I am so fucking glad I took a chancce on this beauty!

In the bottle: Smells like spicy perfume. Intriguing, but not what I had imagined. However, it wasn't off-putting either. 

Wet: The spicy clove comes on strong, and I am not mad about it. Within a couple of minutes the dust and tobacco come out to play. They soften and ground the spice. There is something a tad medicinal at this stage--either the cedar or the tumbleweeds? Though I am from the AZ desert I have never sniffed a tumbleweed. The dust makes the spiciness a dry one, and the tobacco adds a masculine edge. I think this could be the perfect spicy unisex scent.

Dry: Beautifully soft clove--the dust lays over the clove/spice in a fine layer, making the scent far more atmospheric than foody. This is a beautiful blend.