Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
scrappy

PPGC580

Okay, this one had me freaking out. When I was frantically trying to sniff the prototypes as my order was being run up, I opened this one and thought "OH! Candyish! I'll take 2 bottles please!" But when I sniffed it later, my nose must have been on overload because it's definitely not candy.

In the bottle: A sweet, "green" blend. Oakmoss perhaps? With a hint of cedar?

I didn't skin-test this one yet as I tend to amp tree notes, so I stay away from those. I guess this is what happens when you have to rush a pick a scent! I'll update with more info if I get brave enough to skin-test.

ETA: Okay, so I finally skin tested it. I think it is eucalyptus, not cedar, that I'm smelling. PPGC580 dries down to a slightly sweet, pretty eucalyptus scent. I find it to be a very relaxing blend.

Edited by scrappy

Scrappy was feeling lonely being the only reviewer of this scent, so I got sent a tester ^_^

Well, I get the eucalyptus......... eucalyptus soap, that is. :cry2:

Well, someone else is going to get this tester! ............... Probably the next person who reviews this!

Oh, dear ... a caveat: My nose ain't that good. Seriously. Testing things without notes is hard!

That said ... I get only a slight suggestion of eucalyptus in this blend. Mostly, I can't get over how it smells familiar, somehow — not familiar like I know it from life, but familiar like I've smelled a similar BPAL before. On me, it's a little bit green and bright, a touch like Villainess' Grundy in that sense, yet also a little creamy-powdery-sweet, a hint of some kind of amber, the suggestion of pepper and oakmoss. I keep asking myself whether the tickle of sweetness is heliotrope, and then asking myself whether I really know what heliotrope smells like. It's that kind of thing.

It does, though, remind me of some of the Tarots, and something about it is walnutty in a way that makes me think of Leo 2007. Actually, there's a lot of that blend here, a little nutty, a little ambery, a little rich, a little warm — but at the same time it smells very different. Something peppery, and the suggestion of cedar shavings, dances over it all. It's fascinating, but too creamy-rich, and slightly heavy on the nose, for me to wear. (I'm not much for heavy scents.) Still, I'm happy I got to try it.

Okay... so I really didn't get that bright eucalyptus note.... maybe it's just me. :lol:

In my mind this was a bit green-yellow floral. There's a suggestion of oakmoss, and perhaps heliotrope to it, a little amber warmth, but in general its a very green, yellow floral thing going on. Kinda sharp sometimes.

I agree on the green-gold aspect of this blend! I don't get any eucalyptus, though; that note tends to amp tremendously on me, so either there isn't any or else my decant missed out on that part. :lol: I *think* there might actually be a drop of frankincense here -- I tested the frankincense SN last night and this reminds me a little of that, with an added touch of lemon and cedar.

Deep golden oil. Dry, spicy woods and cologne. Cedar, sandalwood and maybe some herbs. The spice could be coriander. Clean and masculine.

Same, perhaps a bit smoother, sweeter and less sharp, with a stronger cologne base to tie everything together. The cedar is very light, and so far not amping. Sandalwood reigns, and it strikes me that maybe there's two types - red and white.

Not a morpher. I also don't get any eucalyptus or oakmoss, although this is increasingly warm and sort of muddled smelling, which makes me suspect the bark note from Whoso List to Hunt and maybe some brown musk and amber, too. There is a definite warmth to this.

The spice has faded on me, but I know that there's some white pepper in this, because it's the same note from Tulzcha. I still think there is a hint of coriander though which gives that green/fresh, cologney feel (and I still suspect a light fougere base).

Dry woods, white pepper, tree bark, amber, musk and a faint hint of coriander. An oddly warm but still sort of bright, almost-refreshing scent. Definitely masculine. Good throw and great longevity.

I don't really get the woods or eucalyptus from this, which makes me wonder if I'm even reviewing the right scent :/. Something in this goes pretty soapy on my skin. It smells like a bar of creamy soap scented with a sharp, expensive floral perfume. Maybe a touch of something green. The drydown goes a little baby powdery, so there might be amber here as well. Definitely not my sort o' scent...

PPGC580 - I smell cedar and other blonde woods. I do get the faintest trace of a sharp, medicinal type scent that I think is coming across as eucalyptus for some -- and maybe it is -- but it's faint on me and disappears within the first few minutes of wear. Mostly, this smells like freshly sawed blonde wood. It takes me back to 1983 when my dad spent a significant amount of time sawing wood in our garage as he built my sister's and my bedroom sets that summer. This smells like the wood shavings on the cement garage floor.

Frankincense single note. Really. There might be something else in here but on me this is just frankincense. Lot's of frankincense. Did I mention, oh never mind.

This is aging well but frankincense is one of my notes of doom. Off to the swaps.

Frankincense single note. Really. There might be something else in here but on me this is just frankincense. Lot's of frankincense. Did I mention, oh never mind.

This is aging well but frankincense is one of my notes of doom. Off to the swaps.