Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Golden.
Vanilla amber and orange blossom.

"Golden" is a great description of this one. Khrysee reminds me very much of Snake Charmer- that same sort of sexy/foody warm softness, but with a whisper of floral.

Bittersweet, fresh orangeblossom over an O like vanilla amber. It's clean, soft skin dried down...creamy, slightly tangy, very low profile. I could easily slather this one.

I've had this decant awhile, tried it a few times, and I'm finally getting around to reviewing it. I guess I was hoping it would grow on me but that's not the case. Soft powdery orange blossom, super sweet and sugary thanks to the vanilla and the natural, cloying nature of orange blossom. It's almost like a syrupy treacle. Now, there are syrupy scents I adore (Kill-Devil!), but I think the combination of syrupy vanilla and in-your-face cheeriness of orange blossom is too much for me. Remarkably similar to Zarita the Doll Girl (which I didn't care for either, sadly.)

This is rather reminiscent of Vixen, which is one of my favorites, so I am very happy with this!

It goes on a little strong and sour at first, but it quickly dries down to a sweet and spicy orange blossom enveloped in the dryness of the amber and the sweetness and smoke of the vanilla. Very beautiful and comforting!

It is a good scent for both summer and spring, I think.

♔ Khrysee

In the Bottle: Lightly floral fragranced hairspray and medicinal amber

Wet: I get a sweet vanillic amber and an orange blossom that reminds me of Katharina, it’s almost honeyed, even! It kind of smells like a lighter, more florally Snake Oil? The amber is powdery and tangy- but beautiful. It’s quite simple and also reminds me of the vanilla-honey-amber combination from Blossoms in Springtime, though BoS is a lot more ‘yellow’ gold, while Khrysee leans more towards an ‘orange’ rust, kind of gold. In a way, this maybe because to me, BoS has a higher proportion of vanilla to amber, while Khrysee contains a higher dosage of amber, than vanilla.

Drydown: This dries to a very simple honeyed vanilla amber, the orange blossom is a background and supporting note on me, much like in Katharina. It’s a little spicy and golden, like Hod – with orange blossom replacing carnation, but a lot less foody.

TL:DR: Honeyed vanilla amber and orange blossom.

Edited by celestia

In the bottle: First orange blossom, followed by a resinous note.

On my skin:

Amber actually jumps out right away, which is rare for amber on my skin -- but orange blossom isn't an instant note for me, either, so --

Once it's dry, the orange blossom does come out at the top note. I don't say "dominant" because on me, this is a very gentle blend, without notes fighting for front row. A warm vanilla note emerges as well. The amber is still there; it's just happy to be accented by the other notes.

At this stage, it reminds me of a similar stage in O (the vanilla on me is wonderful but short-lived). Where O's honey eventually wins dominance, Khrysee's orange blossom isn't fighting anything. It sort of floats along the top of the amber but never really mixes with it.

Several more minutes in, the vanilla is the main note I smell -- totally unusual for me -- with a base of amber and an accent of orange blossom. It's very nice.

Seriously, tho. Vanilla never owns a scent this long on me. I think this is why I love this blend so much. Eventually, it dies down to perfectly nice but unexceptional amber on me that lasts for days. But it stays a harmonious combination of vanilla plus amber plus orange blossom for record time beforehand.

There is a Saint and Sinner side of orange blossom + Snake Oil. On the saint side falls Khrysee, which is so vanillic and resinous, I could cry. She glows with holy purity, yet vibrates with Hildegarde-esque levels of ecstasy that are surely forboden somewhere in canon. She does amazing things on my skin, a golden beauty, with orange blossom that goes a little beachy on me, as in beach-warmed skin tanning in the sun. Not quite coconut, mind you, just that hint of Florida life.

The sinner side is Vixen, which is all the dirty patchouli gingery vanilla-y side of Snake Oil kissed by orange blossom. In case one was wondering, Khrysee definitely leans in hard to the vanilla and the sweet glow of the amber kissed by orange blossom. She's a Snake Oil kind of vanilla neroli, and I love her. Vixen is a whole nother beast, all siren and sexy and corrupted, and I love her too. They were worth comparing, though. I love Khrysee's oil the most, for sure, and will treasure my bottle!