Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Man With Phallus Head

Smoky musk, ambergris, tonka bean, brown sandalwood, daemonorops, black currant, and honey.

In the imp this is musk and currant
Wet it is a creamy currant and honey.
Once it finally dries completely it is all musk and sandalwood with honey very incense like...
I think my imp of dickhead and I will get along.

In the bottle: Light yellow oil. Sweet, smoky, musky, a little woody. It has a deep, warm feel, but is clean, too. Unisex.

Wet: Sweeter, with honey and tonka and that fruity-floral dragon's blood peeking out, with some soapy ambergris, tangy currant, and a bit more smoke.

Dry: Ambergris and dragon's blood amping; this is saltier, soapier, and more floral, almost powdery. Smoke has faded, as has much of the sweetness.

Later: Goes dusty/powdery (the sandalwood, maybe?), and a little more sour from the currant as the sweetness backs off, though I still get a lovely honey note.

Summary: Warm, dusty sandalwood, soapy ambergris, powdery-floral dragon's blood, light honey, and a touch of sour currant. Decent throw and lasting power.

Not my thing at all.

In the bottle, this smells like fruit, honey, musk, and baby powder. On my skin, it's pretty much all powder. Even my boy smelled it and said that it just smelled like baby powder to him, and he's not a fan. After a few hours, the honey comes back, but it's a light, creamy honey underneath the powder. It reminds me of some sort of Burt's Bees honey lotion that I had once, but covered in baby powder.

Man With Phallus Head isn't going to be a keeper for me. My boy and I aren't fans of baby powdery scents.

according to wikipedia:

The stems of the Daemonorops are harvest for their cores, which is used for everything from canes to furniture. The fruits of certain species, in particular Daemonorops draco, produces a red resin known as "Dragon's blood".

so that means four notes from the Lab that just don't work on me, and two that can go either way.

but all in all, this is a honey-dragon's blood-dark musky-smoky-sandalwood sortof scent. not as awful as i had expected it to be, but nothing i'll ever reach for.

In the vial: Creamy current and honey.

Wet: Black currant flavored baby powder. :eek:

Dry: The baby powder is still going strong, but the honey and currant notes are getting stronger and now there's a tinge of sandalwood.

Overall: This blend turns very baby powdery on me, not a good thing. The honey is also making the blend way too sweet for my liking. Will keep the imp to age and pray that the currant might win over both notes one day!

Another complete shocker for me. When I put it on, it's mostly honey with a dark undercurrent. It's not too sweet, though. It stays honey, but the spices come out a bit...and then the musk and sandalwood ground the scent into something very sexy. I have to have more.

Who knew the Phallus Head would be my type?

Goes on soft, but comes up fast! Wow, this is very warm and delicious. All the notes seem perfectly blended, with an overall effect of sexy and warm. I'm so glad I got the bottle!

Unfortunately the initial application of the Man with Phallus Head was all black currants and honey. Sweetness overload. I was really hoping tonka, ambergris and sandalwood would come out a little more, but unfortunately tonka and ambergris only serve to sweeten the already way too sweet blend. While I appreciate and adore the woods from sandalwood, it is almost like it is a little too late, and can't save this blend. I really wish honey would work on my skin, but it does simply does not like me and overpowers everything else.

expectation-

a juicy current musk, with a touch of smoke

imp-

nice! Ribena musk, what I wanted~NOM!

wet-

oh wow- i adore this, that black current musk makes me wild! a bit on the powder-y, side not sure how well that will sit with me over time-but lovely! Really amping the musk on this one-woo!

drydown-

the juicy aspect of the current is gone, sandlewood comes out more-with MUSK MUSK MUSK~

verdict-

not sure about that powder, it might keep this from being bottle worthy for me-

In the imp: The first whiff is honey, the second is currant, and then I get the musk.

On, wet: Honey, but not like the honey in something like Bengal -- this is light, sweet, floral honey.

On, dry: Light, musky honey. It's nice, but I'm only really getting honey, and there are other honey blends I like better.

It smells wonderful in the imp, very strong on the honey. On my wrist, it started out more musky, and I was afraid for a minute that something would go sour or soapy, and it's still sort of waffling between the two, but the honey has started to amp up a bit. Alas, after ten minutes it's still trying to be soapy... I wonder if it's the ambergris? Hm....

This is such an odd scent on me.

Wet on skin: I get oranges and.. something really clean-smelling.

Dry on skin: The musk has come out more, and maybe the black currant. I really don't know exactly what I'm smelling. It's got this strange.. smoky-clean smell to it.

Verdict: This one DEFINITELY needs a second opinion.

sometimes honey is a dealbreaker, but i decided to try this one anyway. i don't have much opinion on it, because my skin seems to eat it right up, leaving me with a very very faint trace of black currant and honey. i need to try this one again at a later date, i think my skin chemistry is strange today.

In the imp: Golden-yellow colour. It's an odd scent for me--kind of tangy musk. I'm guessing the tang is coming from the currant note.

Wet on skin: All honey and black currant.

Drying: The musk is coming back, and the black currant lessens. It's very light and stays faintly sweet with the honey.

Dry: This is beautiful. It's a light and elusive smoky musk--but, as others have noted, it's a clean scent. Undercurrent of warmth which might be the sandalwood coming out. Throw is minimal--and, sadly, I don't foresee it lasting through the morning, since my skin seems to be devouring the scent.

I really like it, and I'm definitely thinking of ordering a bottle before it disappears on Friday; but that'll really depend on its longevity today.

Man with Phallus Head

In the imp: a sweet and powdery honey scent with musk.

Wet on skin: honeyed blackcurrants with powdery musk and sandalwood.

Dry: oh my, this is gorgeous! I don’t find that it smells masculine…it actually smells very sweet! not in a foody way, but in a honeyed, golden way, with fruitiness too. The honey, musk, ambergris and tonka have united in a scent of velvety soft golden skin-scented sweetness, backed by the sandalwood. I don’t even smell the dragon’s blood, and the blackcurrant in here is sweeter than usual, it reminds me of the sweeter redcurrants from Crawdad and Anactoria. In fact, this scent is what I wished I got from Lady Una. A honeyed vanilla golden musk with a berry background.

After a while: it just gets better and better, softening, turning more golden, honey with nuances of amber and vanilla-but it’s nicer and more complex than O. it reminds me of Wezwanie, and also another scent which also had a similar honey/amber thing which I can’t remember now…oh yes, the Heroine scent. but this is so much better than expected. And it’s not at all a hard scent (lol) but a soft one, and thankfully it doesn’t smell phallic at all (at least not to me). In fact, this is the kind of honey I expected from Giant Vulva!

Verdict: this was such a pleasant surprise! I knew this would be fairly good but I wasn’t expecting it to be this good…it’s delicate honey over golden skin musk with a little sandalwood, with a wonderful musky blackcurrant background. The honey is not sharp, it’s golden and sweet and almost amber-like. The blackcurrant actually reminds me of sweet redcurrant, it’s sweeter than usual, and the musk makes the currant delightfully sexy. I don’t get dragon’s blood from here, nor does this smell particularly masculine-this is unisex, sweet and softer than I expected. It’s the perfect sexy honey musk and has that currant undertone that I’m really digging these days. I love it and need more (though it’ll be fun telling-or trying to explain-what this perfume is called!)

Emoticon rating: :wub:

Is it a keeper? Yes-I need a bottle of this one.

If you like this, try: Wezwanie/Hold, Svadhiopatika, Anactoria, Lady Una, O, Giant Vulva

On me it smells like musky sandalwood, with a bit of spiciness from the honey. Not really an 'in your face' scent, but it's got some pretty decent staying power.

...which, you know, is kind of nice to have in a phallus. Scent. Phallus scent! Yes.

Smoky musk and honey are the two strongest notes I get from this, followed by daemondrops, with a smidge of currant. The tonka, ambergris and sandalwood don't stand out on my skin, but if I really look for them, I can catch a hint.

What makes me love this is the musk note. As it wears throughout the day, it gets deeper and smokier and more delicious. It helps to give this scent a different enough feel from Anactoria* that I went for a bottle.

*It's also much smoother, missing the fantastic kush note in Anactoria.

One of my favorite Shungas! The smoky musk is fan-freaking-tastic! Very subtle with hardly any throw, but it is a mysterious, spongy? scent that is intensely gray and muted (can something be intensely muted?). I like the ambergris coming through in this blend and I'm having a hard time describing this oil in general. I like it and you should try it! What more is there to say :)

This smells very perfumey and foody in a bad way on me. I'm discovering that I don't like ambergris, as I smell the same note of doom in Glukoprikos. The musk is too strong, and I had to wash this off and put something else on, as it just wouldn't go away even with washing twice with soap and water. For those of you who like ambergris, you'll get it here.

Wet this is honey and musk, lightly sweet, mixed with ambergris. When first on this is sandalwood and ambergris with a touch of honey. This is a rich, full bodied blend. After a couple hours I can smell the tonka too. This is warm and creamy. On the dry down this is a soft musk, ambergris and honey blend. This is similar to Dream of the Fisherman's Wife but is darker and heavier. Very nice! I think I'm really starting to love ambergris :heart:

In the imp: My first impression? "This is the male version of Giant Vulva!" After facepalming a few times, I sniffed again and... skin musk, sugar and something very masculine. I'm in love.

On my skin: Like a sharper version of Giant Vulva. It is strangely... clean. I can smell the honey and the musk, and... the black currant, I guess. This one is confusing. :think: ...meh, it's called Man With Phallus Head. Anything or anyone attached to a phallus is going to be confusing.

Hmm. Maybe I shouldn't write reviews at 3:30 AM.

I was gifted an imp of this and put off trying it on forever cause in the imp it smelled so beeeyouteeeful!

In imp: creamy musky tonka

Wet on skin: tonka, amping up the musk factor a bit a tad bit of sandalwood

Drydown: The sandalwood comes out more, the tonka dies down and I get a hint of honey.

I think this would be a good masculine blend. IF I can get hubby to wear anything at all with sandalwood in it.

Imp: Fruity.

Wet: Pink bubblegum. After a couple of minutes, a bright fruity scent. Could it be the sandalwood and honey combo?

Drydown: The fruitiness has combined with the woods & florals. Further drydown, this morphs into an incense scent that a person could wear during the warm months.

Overall: Like this a lot. Will be wearing this throughout this summer.

In the bottle - Very rich deep honey

Wet on me - Honey and a light, dry musk

Dry on me - It turns to soap powder and then disappears

Overall - I'm sad, because the initial honey was lovely, but my skin just ate it