Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Skin musk, sugar cane, honey, beeswax, vanilla flower, and copal.

What the....?!?!?!!?

Every note in here should be pure, unadulterated extra strength WIN on me, and instead, after three attempts, all I get is faint spices?

Stupid chemisty. STUPID STUPID!!!

In the bottle and right away on my skin I get something sweet and mild. I'm assuming that's the sugar cane.

As it dries the beeswax comes out full force and it reminds me of beeswax lip balm my mom used to wear. Unless I sniff my wrist directly all I get is beeswax. Right next to my skin it's flowery, sweet beeswax.

This starts out as a very pretty but unexceptional light floral-waxy scent. It doesn't take long to morph into a lovely skin scent, though. The musk is beautiful and light, the vanilla flower gives it a lovely airiness, while the copal gives it a rich base. The bottle decision awaits further testing, though, to see how much I have to slather to be able to smell it without burying my nose in my wrist.

I like this a lot! But I gotta say it's not BEST HONEY SCENT EVER, as I suspected it might be from the scent description. It reminds me a lot of Kill-Devil, which I adore, with its honey and sugar cane notes. There's something about that sweet duo that turns almost sweet-and-sour on me, like a lemon drop.

I'm also noticing the muted creaminess of the beeswax. I've noticed this is becoming a more popular note, and I always enjoy it. I'm not picking up the musk or (sadly) the copal.

The vanilla flower comes out like 10 minutes after application. At this point the lemon aspect fades, and it’s a creamy honey-vanilla blend. I don't see a bottle in my future. Still, I'm happy to use up this decant until I get around to buying my Kill-Devil 5ml.

Edited by tinyvulture

Oh this is sexy. Fainty spicy, sweet honeyed musk with a note of beeswax that makes me think of Luperci. I didn't try Glowing Vulva last year so I have no idea if this is similar, but it's amazing in its own right. Nice throw too.

The real question is: can I have a bottle of something called Giant Vulva sitting around, and wtf do I tell people I'm wearing? Because this is definitely bottle-worthy!

In the imp: beeswax, soft vanilla flower (not the same as vanilla!), sharp copal.... ah, and the skin musk slinks in at the end

Wet: skin musk, beeswax and a faint copal. the skin musk is real close up front making it smell kinda like Old Spice cologne

Dry: all skin musk and copal. the skin musk has completely pushed everything else out of the picture and it wrestles for top note with copal.

I was afraid of getting another Agrat and it's not too far off. The skin musk being the top note in this scent and Agrat makes them very similar. If skin musk and copal are your favorite notes, you'll LOVE Giant Vulva. I ended up having to scrub this one off after a while because it almost closed up my nostrils.

In the bottle: Warm, sweet cream. It is indeed reminiscent of the skin warmed ivory silk.

On the wrist: Wet, it is very sweet with the honey, sugar cane and vanilla in the fore. As it drys down a note which I'm guessing is the copal comes forward. After a little research on what exactly copal is...Yep! Its the copal, which has now replaced amber in my heart :) This makes me think of being in a room lit by beeswax candles and scented by copal incense.

Verdict: Why?! Oh why does this gorgeous scent have to have a name like Giant Vulve?! I am in love but I don't want to be connected with a scent that is based on such an image :cry2: I'm going to have to go on a mad search of BPAL for a copal scent with a less provocative name.

I've been on a bit of a BPAL hiatus, but this is the scent that's bringing me back.

Wet: I anticipated a sweet musk, maybe even a little floral, but this is much more complex. It is sweet and musky indeed, but shockingly, it isn't nearly as sugary as I expected.

Dry: This does go pretty floral on me after about half an hour, so I'm not totally in love with this one. Yet.

Later: Florals seem to be rounding out. The beeswax plays a nice role in that.. this smells very smooth but also musky in a way I can't resist. I LOVE skin musk. I'm not sure if Giant Vulva will find a place in my top 10, but I'm tempted to get a bottle to age just in case.

Later than later: OH SHIT HOLD THE PHONE I spoke too soon. The floral-ness has disappeared and left behind a lovely vanilla skin musk combo. The beeswax is hanging in there too... the smoothness of it. This reminds me a bit of the Illustrated Woman only without the pine note. Bottle purchase. Probably 2!

Edited by iiinterstate

This smelled really gorgeous in the vial. On, it's not as nice. I like the dry, sweet beeswax when it pokes through, but there's kind of heavy floral and something going dryer-sheet in the background. I'm really not sure what note it is that's causing this, but it's kind of stinky, which makes me very sad.

Pass the buckets! :yum: This is some good stuff! Wet it almost smells like ginger ale, almost (almost...) lemony: tangy and bubbly, slightly spicy and floral and a bit sweet. It has a similar feel to Haloes, actually! Drying out the skin musk and citrus/white floral honey come to the front with a slightly darker, creamy base. Just lovely! This is about as "fresh" as I go in a fragrance so it will be perfect for summer. It has amazing sillage for a honey frag. DH walked in the door, I was 3 rooms away and he says, "Ooh it smells GOOD in here!" and snuzzled up. (We don't usually like citrus in our fragrances so this is quite amazing). I really was expecting something more heavy and incensey, but am glad I now have some more variation in my collection. Thankfully, I snagged a bottle. Love, love, love!

Edited by lookingglass

Giant Vulva is Xiutehcuhtli's more refined but quieter cousin. The copal is loud and clear in this and it's gorgeous - it dries into a really "soft" version of Xiutehcuhtli, so if you like that scent (like I do), Giant Vulva is a good choice. The drydown is very close to your skin and has a more subtle throw but is absolutely lovely.

Something in this blend is giving me a full-on holy-hell headache. :ack: And it shouldn't based on the listed notes. The usual culprits for "scent headaches" for me are florals, could it be the vanilla flower? All I know is that I'm getting a lot of floral out of this, it's amping, and it's killing me. I had such high hopes. *sigh*

In the bottle: Pale golden-amber coloured oil. Sweet, smoky, and delicate yet rich. Honey, sugar cane, vanilla, copal all distinct. Definitely floral and feminine, too.

Wet: Stronger and sweeter, verging on cloying. The honey emerges a bit more. Coapl is both resiny and smoky and gives this blend a very warm feel.

Dry: Sugar cane and floral notes (orchid) coming out more now, and relieving the heaviness a bit. The floral note is very fresh and almost citrusy, reminding me of linden.

Later: The copal has settled very nicely on me and the vanilla and beeswax notes have faded a bit so that this isn't so sweet. Those orchid and linden floral notes have amped, and soft musk has emerged.

Summary: Heady, bright florals (orchid, linden), sweetened primarily by honey and refreshing sugar cane, with lighter notes of vanilla, beeswax, and slightly smoky, resiny copal. Strong throw & longevity.

It's a bit too sweetly heavy for me, but very nice.

This smells so pretty and clean on me...all light, sugared white flowers and a hint of beeswaxy creaminess. There's a bit of an edge to it, but it's mainly just clean, sweet, and innocent--not very Shunga-like, but so nice.

When I first put this on it smelt very similiar to Tissue, thworing a small floral out and was just 'eh' on me. I wasnt crazy for it. Then...the change! It evolves to have a soft spiceyness to it thats really nice but just under that is a tone that says 'I will become soapy eventually'. While I do love what it morphs into on me this would have to be a slatherer and so I dont think I'll upgrade my decant. I can see how this can deffenently be amazing on the right person. And stated before by other reviewers if you are looking for a scent similiar to Glowing Vulva this one is very, very different.

I was so not expecting this. I thought for sure the beeswax and honey would make this too cloying and sweet.

This a beautiful balance between sweetness (from sugar cane, beeswax, and honey), skin musk and resin.

It literally latches onto my skin and stays there forever. This brings feeling of warmth and golden memories.

Wow. Holy musk. This smells, oddly enough, really manly to me. However, as time goes on, the vanilla flower, beeswax and honey peek through that musk. We'll just have to see how much of a peek it is.... :huh?:

In the imp, I get mostly incense and floral. Nothing sweet.

Wet on skin, I get the musk, beeswax and floral notes. Still no sugary or sweetness though.

Dries down to almost nothing on my skin with a faint bit of beeswax remaining. This one was a surprise disappointment for me. No bottle of Giant Vulva for me, unfortunately.

Musky, salty lemon. In the bottle, that is. On, it's quite potent! Aquatic and floral. Hmmmmm, not exactly what I was thinking it would be, but it's a very spring'y scent. Reminds me of the month of April. And OMG, but there's a giant vagina on the label! :lol:

Origin: decant from eviltemptressdq's circle

Initial Thoughts: This one was a shot in the dark. I have no reason to expect that honey, beeswax, or copal will behave on me.

In the Vial: Salty-tangy incense. Absolutely nothing like I was expecting.

Wet: Heh, I get barely anything at the moment. It's like my skin, only more so. Just the slightest hints of beeswax and maybe sugarcane.

Drydown: There comes the copal, amping as it usually does on me. It's sweet copal, it's gentle copal, but it's still pretty much copal.

Verdict: Oh well, I'll pass the decant to someone else.

can you say GLORIOUS?

if you have been dying to try a beautiful honey scent THIS IS IT.

i swear i will pillage and plunder to get a 5ml. har har. applied: nothing short of beautiful honey with sugar and a slight musk.

GEEZ, this is beautiful. ok, i'll shut up...you know how i feel.

straight sniff from imp....something extremely familiar...

aha...the "angel" perfume...

once applied this is veeeeeeeeeery much like angel "innocent"...a perfume

i had back in the mid 90's...

big throw and long lasting...

Sweet, musky... this one gives the vibe of being light but still sultry. I like it very much (I was worried after some of the not-so-good reviews from the Will-Calls). Like most beeswax scents, I get a faint latex vibe once it's dried, but its not nearly as strong here as its been in others.

Giant Vulva smells like clean musk, honey, and dried flowers in the vial. It's not as sweet as I was expecting; it has more of a clean feel.

On my skin, this launches into a crazy strong, perfumey musk. It's really sharp on me, and I smell something like sour lemon underneath the musk. The honey, sugar, beeswax, and vanilla seem to have abandoned me. I usually amp up honey, and it's nowhere to be found.

After a half hour, this is still sharp, sort of like cheap hairspray. It's all bad musk and strange lemony something. The honey has creeped in a little, and the honey + lemon smells medicinal and makes me think of cough drops.

This scent has amazing staying power & throw, but it's too sharp and musky for me.

Oh yes, this is delicious!

In the bottle: Beeswax and something tangy- must be the copal.

Wet: Tangy, slightly musky beeswax

Dry: soft and lovely musk with a tangy bite that borders on floral.

Lordy, this scent reminds me of my love. I want to track him down and bury my face in his neck--grrrrrowl :twisted:

Sigh, I think I'll need a back up of this one.