Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Invidia Bath Oil

O, beware, my lord, of jealousy!
It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock
The meat it feeds on.

White grapefruit, tea leaf, white ginger, orange blossom, jasmine, honey myrtle, and lime.

Wow. If this isn't the first review, mods, please feel free to merge.

I really really like this scent. I think out of all the GC blends, this is probably my favorite. I get a lot of grapefruit and ginger and something that smells like lilies, which might be the combination of orange blossom/jasmine/honey mirtle. There is a tiny hint of lime at the beginning, but really, this for me is grapefruit/ginger love.

I used it yesterday with 1/2 of Lush's Pop in the Bath and it made the water ultra-moisturizing. Today I tried it for the scent itself, and I love the ginger/grapefruit I get from it.

Love it.

I think that Invidia is a bit too much for me, scent-wise. In the bottle and rubbed directly on my skin, it's a very sharp lime and something that smells like laundry soap powder & dryer sheets (maybe the tea or grapefruit). Angry limes and sharp, dry soap. I had to scrub this off after I tested it, because it was giving me a headache. I'm afraid to use it in the bath, because it's just too sharp for me. I have trouble wearing a lot of citrus and clean type scents, but if you like that sort of thing, you'd probably love Invidia.

This is just gorgeous. Grapefruit rounded out with something sweeter (orange blossom? honey? It doesn't smell like honey). It reminds me of Baobhan Sith (which I also love) and I think they'll go well together. I don't need more bathoil, but I want this.

this is sooooooooo divine ... the citrus and tea with a touch of jasmine and honey are lovely!!

the throw is phenomenal...i love this stuff so much i have also added it into a roller bottle

so i can use it as a perfume after a bath for the layering affect...gorgeousness :P

I originally encountered a frimp of this and it smelled so good I purchased a decant.

In the bottle: Lovely citrusy blend with jasmine. It reminds me of Hua Mulan, only brighter and more green, with touches of slightly spicy floral.

On my skin: A huge burst of green! It's mostly lime but there's floral in it too. I can make out the jasmine. Looking for the myrtle, not detecting it, which saddens me, but wow! Is this green!!! It's refreshing, head clearing, and I love it even though it's not as subtle as it was in the bottle. It seems to be the freshest lime rind ever squeezed, with some floral in it.

Afterwards: As I rinsed (I use the oils in a shower, usually), suddenly the tea note rang out. Still very green, but now the green of summer iced tea with lime. On my dry skin it's a very gentle but focused citrus, more grapefruit peel than anything else yet with a touch of some floral. I don't think it's orange blossom or jasmine, it's warmer and sweeter than those.

This is so fabulous, I'm going to get a bottle and use it all summer long.

I never did review this when I had the decants, but I loved it enough to buy a bottle. It's refreshing, both sweet and tart at once - not noticeably floral, just grapefruit and lime and honey and ginger. There is some jasmine way at the bottom of the scent, but it's not the cat-pee jasmine by any stretch. I occasionally run back into my bathroom to huff after I've used it - if there was a perfume oil of this, I'd have snatched up several backups already.

I am loving the grapefruit in this blend! Invidia is very fresh and pretty, with fabulous throw. I will be using it all summer long, I can tell already. I'm sure my hot weather perfume oils will layer really well with it. So glad I found half a big bottle on the forum.

Grapefruit, Tea, Lime, Jasmine...lovely. I believe this is Jasmine Grandiflorum (day blooming) but I'm not positive...it's one of the Jasmines that I typically don't enjoy, but it works here. The grapefruit is yummy and the tea gives it a bite then the Lime tangs it up and makes a wonderful blend. This layers really well under Whitechapel and also under Hungry Ghost Moon '06...I'm thinking it will also be great under Tanuki No Yudachi but I haven't tried that yet. :)

grapefruit, ginger, and tea dominant on me with beautiful jasmine (not the heady type) and brightened with lime. i love this for spring and summer coming up and am thrilled about the 8 oz bottle size!!

tea is definitely the strongest note when first applied, then out comes the grapefruit which continues to bloom, along with a nice little zing from the ginger. i don't seem to get the other notes really, maybe a hint of lime? this is just a really light and refreshing scent. seems like it'd be perfect for spring or summer.

This is just lovely. ZESTY! A getcha goin sent perfect for the morning.

It's very citrusy with the grapefruit and lime, a very natural, freshly squeezed smell that blends nicely with the white tea. The florals just add a bit of depth and character in the background, and I think, add a lushness that keeps this from turning into a cleaning product smell. This is in the same family as Kumiho, Boabhan Sith, and Aizen-Myoo.

I also have to say, as someone with dry skin, I'm learning to love their bath oils.