Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
RaeiNarcissus

White Chocolate and Strawberry

White chocolate and strawberry.

This is strawberry that reminds me of the hair of my Strawberry Shortcake dolls when I was little! The white chocolate is subtle and hiding in the background, but it’s there. Unfortunately the chocolate scents have been hit or miss on me, and this one is a miss. I don’t care for smelling like a plastic toy LOL- no matter how comforting the smell may be!

Oh my god, this smells so realistic, I wanted to eat it!!! Also, this did not go plastic on me! The throw was also really nice, and it lasted quite a while on my skin...a few hours, anyway.

In the bottle: this smells like white chocolate with a hint of strawberry

Wet on skin: this is fantastic! This smells EXACTLY like those huge strawberries that have been dipped in white chocolate with the dark chocolate drizzles on them...so delicious

Dry: this for about 30 seconds in the wet stage, went a little dusty on me, but maybe because I slathered it on...but immediately bounced back to that realistic chocolate covered strawberry scent, and remained very true! At times, this almost smells like Strawberry Ice cream to me!

I adore this, so glad I managed to snag a bottle on EBay!

ETA: I also JUST figured out what this smells like! If you've ever used the Strawberry Feels Massage bar from Lush, it smells just like this!!! :wub2:

Edited by sharkdiver

Wow, am I happy I snagged a bottle of this from a lovely forum member! I was hesitant to try it because White Chocolate and Violets didn't work for me, and I LOVE violets. But I jumped in and purchased it, and I am so, so glad I did!

Sniffing from the bottle: Yummy strawberry pops up right away to say hello! Reminds me of the strawberry cake filling the bakery near me uses for strawberry shortcakes. The chocolate is there, too - I'm not getting a white chocolate scent from it, more like dark chocolate, actually. Smooth and rich.

Wet on my skin: Just what I was hoping for - a very realistic strawberry smell with the mellow chocolate lounging in the background, providing richness and balance to the sweetness. I am so happy this does not smell plastic on me, just smells like sweet, fresh strawberries, waiting for me to eat them! Nom nom nom.

In my scent locket: Sweet strawberry keeps wafting its way to my nose. Yummy!

Drying down: Remains really true to the scent from the bottle, there's not much that changes for me from when its wet to dry. The strawberries still smell fresh and sweet, and the chocolate is a delicious note holding it all together.

I'm so happy I tried this - it's going to be one of my favorites! :D

In the bottle - Pulped strawberry and cocoa butter

Wet on me - Stewed strawberries, smooshy and juicy

Dry on me - A sweet creamy custard

Overall - Didn't really grab me, although the strawberry scent was really unusual

Got an imp of this in a small lot I bought on eBay. Disclaimer: I'm not a big fan of strawberry-scented blends but there have been two -- Pink Moon 2005 and Malkuth -- that I could stomach so I was curious about this one. Not optimistic but certainly willing to try.

IN THE IMP: Not sure how many Philosophy 3-in-1 shower gel fans there are here, but a few years ago they had a limited edition set available on QVC that included a scent called Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries. You can still find it sometimes on eBay, Amazon.com, etc. I still have some. And this smells EXACTLY like that. I think the chocolate in the Philosophy shower gel is supposed to be milk chocolate but it's not really definable. And I don't have the nose to discern which kind of chocolate it is.

Dabbed on wrist.

WET: Yup. This is that. MUCH more strawberry than chocolate but a strawberry that I actually like. Like the Strawberry Shortcake dolls. And like, to me, the sauce you get on strawberry shortcakes or sundaes. Probably because the chocolate is giving it that sweetness, but to me it's still a sweet strawberry more than a chocolate-y strawberry if that makes sense. It's also got a little pungency to it.

DRYDOWN: Not a long laster on me. But the tart/sweet mix is very nice and works well for my nose.

OVERALL: I would not buy a big bottle of this or wear it regularly for one reason. My husband HATES the smell of the Philosophy gel so I can be pretty sure he wouldn't like this either. He thinks it smells like barf in the bathroom after I take a bubble bath with that gel. So since I have a nice 4-oz. bottle of the gel that I take with me when I travel (dual bubble bath and shampoo), my plan is to use the rest of this imp and make lotion that I can wear with the gel/shampoo when I'm away and he's not there. Hee.

On a scale of 1-5, about a 3.5. It's not for everyone and it's pretty strong but it's really interesting and cool.

I was near positive that this was not going to work on me, since BPAL strawberry notes always take on a face smell on my skin. Not so with this! It's gorgeous and very true to the name (I actually just made chocolate covered strawberries the other day, so it's very fresh in my mind). It also has decent throw and lasts a good amount of time. I'm really glad I was able to try this!

To my nose: Definetely white chocolate and dry strawberries. But it does have a perfumey undertone.

On: Ultrasweet white chocolate with dried strawberries, but the strawberries drown pretty fast.

After ten minutes: This smells just like a shampoo & conditioner I used to use - Wild Strawberry (smultron in Swedish)

this smells like milk chocolate and strawberry, with the chocolate as the prominent note and the strawberry adding a supporting sweetness. i am often not a foody scent girl, but i am liking some of these chocolate scents in the weirdest way. i do not want to smell like baked goods, but chocolate seems like it could be ok from time to time. admittedly, i'd be more willing to wear this in a bath/body oil scent but i actually like this. it's very true to form, and it's the perfect balance of strawberry and chocolate on me. strawberry can sometimes go plasticky on me, but it doesn't here luckily. surprise like! :)

Edited by theseagrows

Normally I stay away from the chocolate box scents because the lab's chocolate note tends to go powdery on me, but I took a chance on a decant of this on a whim... and can I just say, it was worth it.

Decant: Strawberry and white chocolate. This is so realistic that my husband was able to ID it immediately on a blind sniff. Ugh I want to eat this so bad.

On: Thankfully, this stays pretty true on my skin. Like Strawberry Moon, it doesn't last too long, but it's delicious while it does. Love!

In the bottle: sweet strawberry

Wet: white chocolate and strawberry and it is delicious! I want to eat it off my arm.

Drydown: The strawberry sticks around and the chocolate fades away SO fast. Most chocolate scents do this to me sadly.

This was foodie heaven while it lasted and so yummy! :yum: But sadly it was only around like 20-30 minutes tops. The poof...gone.

Ew. I don't like either notes, but you're sure to love this if you like... well, white chocolate and strawberry!
There's not much to say other that these are pretty damn realistic strawberries and the chocolate is creamy and soft.

♔ White Chocolate & Strawberry

I remember when strawberry was a really hard to find note in BPAL’s blends- and most of the LEs showcasing it were highly sought after. When this came out, I immediately jumped on a bottle and it definitely wasn’t what I had expected.

In the Bottle: Sugared creamy white chocolate powder and strawberry milk flavouring

Wet: This smells like sugared strawberry pink chocolate. The strawberry is most certainly artificial but in a realistically creamy, powdered strawberry flavouring kind of way. It’s milky and a little tangy, not ‘fresh’ by any stretch of the imagination – the milky strawberry tang reminds me of the kind of white chocolate that’s been premixed with strawberry flavouring and bits so you get little chunks of freeze dried strawberries along with the strawberry flavoured chocolate.

Drydown: The scent doesn’t really morph when dry, I still get this wonderful strawberry chocolate tang with white chocolate powder. If you have been fortunate enough to try Max Brenner’s Strawberry Float, the powdered white chocolate that they use tastes like how this smells. Though the strawberry component in this is a lot stronger to the nose by comparison of the actual dessert beverage. Delicious! Brings back memories of my home CBD and sitting at Max Brenner’s near Melbourne Central.

TL;DR: Powdered strawberry chocolate with freeze dried strawberry tang.

I received and imp of this and fell so in love. Somehow got lucky enough to track down a bottle. This has aged absolutely beautifully.

It's a lot stronger than most BPAL gourmands on me. There are definitely strong gourmands in the BPAL world, and I don't know if it's the age of the oil that is making it stronger and deeper, but this is a very powerful gourmand. As far as notes go, you get exactly what it says on the bottle: white chocolate and strawberry. I'm in love with the lab's strawberry (hands down my favorite strawberry), and the white chocolate compliments it perfectly. This is a perfect super sweet, vaguely clingy, Valentine's Day gourmand. It smells a lot more edible to me than most gourmands and even most strawberry scents. If I closed my eyes, I would think this was actual (very strong and delicious smelling) white chocolate with strawberry.

It's fantastic. Sign me up as a fan of the lab's white chocolate note too.

I'm not sure how this was when it was first released, but aged BPALs always hit a certain sweet spot for me. I wasn't too sure how well some of the foodier gourmands would age, but if they are all like this, then wow, will have to seek more out.