Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
girlygirl

Holiday Stress Relief Bath Oil

Relax, revive, restore.

Peppermint, spearmint, geranium bourbon, lavender, clary sage, white amber, juniper berry, laurel leaf, coriander, opoponax, and mandarin.

A fantastic aromatherapeutic blend. The mints are prominent. Next up are geranium bourbon, lavender, and juniper berry. I don't smell the clary sage at all, which is fine by me as I find it to be overpowering at times.

This is both relaxing and invigorating at the same time. A great bedtime bath when you are upset or having muscle aches.

I inadvertently discovered that if, after soaking in HSR bath oil, I allow my skin to air dry, I experience the cooling and tingling effect of the mints.

Just what the doctor ordered.

This is just as lovely as the Holiday Stress Relief perfume given out at Will Call.

The geranium is what I smell the most of, with the mint and clary sage in the background. I can't really smell the lavender, this is really a very well blended oil.

I haven't used this as an actual bath oil yet -- I take a shower and then apply the oil to my damp skin and can smell it for hours and hours. The oil is very velvet-y and soaks in without making my skin feel greasy.

The first thing I smelled when I opened the bottle was lemon geranium and lavendar. I was reminded of a serum that Crabtree and Evelyn used to sell back when they had aromatherapy products. I really miss that stuff. But once I put some in the water I could smell more and more geranium. Mmmm. I have several scented geraniums in my window, so it was exciting to be able to identify each geranium note. In addition to the lemon geranium I also detected rose geranium.

Ahhh. I rubbed some on my arms and shoulders when I was done, and when I did that I could smell the wonderful peppermint, but it was soon overtaken by the geraniums. Geranium is so theraputic! It's refreshingly herbal.

I so love this bath oil! It's worth every single penny. And I so needed this, so I'm so glad that it came today and that the mail came early so that I didn't have to wait to use it. I would love love love for this to be sold as the perfume sometime, or as a massage oil as well, or as a solid perfume. It would be great to have this in solid to put on my pulse points as treatment for headache or nausea.

This stuff is fantastic. Take the Winter Stress Relief Elixir perfume, and make it something you can soak in. The geranium is one of the things I can smell the most --- but it's so relaxing. A hot bath, and you can literally feel the stress fall away from you in waves. It was the most calming bath, EVER. Loved it.

This is a fantastic investment, and I can score more, I will totally try and get my hands on more!

A fantabulously generous forumite gifted me a nearly full bottle of HSR bath oil, and I am forever & ever in her debt... this stuff is heaven.

A bitter green one-two punch of geranium & clary sage, fresh & tonic & just the thing to cut through ennui, malaise & PMS-induced pluurbitude. The juniper, lavender & mint chime in, just in the background. The resins & coriander aren't immediately detectable, but I suspect they are what keeps HSR from being too searingly herbal... It's nearly identical to WHSRE, which is exactly what I was hoping...

I drew a stinking hot bath & added a scoop of sea salts & a good slosh of HSR oil... after a 45-minute soak, I emerged soft & scented & almost high from the steam. :thud: I can still smell it on my skin this morning, and the folks love how it made the house smell... Oh yes. I will treasure my bottle, and will pine for its re-release next year... :wub2:

I adore this bath oil. I have two decants of it, and I wish I had just gone ahead and ordered a bottle or two of this. Oh well, I have my fingers crossed for next year. :)

Anyway, the first scents that come in are the mints. My god, I love peppermint and spearmint, and if these were the only two scents in this oil, I wouldn't care. But there is, of course, much more goodness. :)

Then come the herbals in the form of geranium and lavender. The mix of floral and herbal is what really does the good relaxing stuff. The mints do that uplifting thing they do so well, and what can I say? This really does the trick.

I too, hope for its rerelease next year. This time, I'll stock up. :lol:

A lovely forumite frimped me this little gem! I was hunting this down in another section, and didn't realize it was a bath oil, and slathered it on my wrists. :blush: Anyways, this really reminds me of something, but I can't think of what. Maybe one of the Panacea blends, Bitch perhaps? I've misplaced my Bitch decant, so I can't really compare right now, but I think that is the one that smells pretty similar to this. At first there is a faint lavender, then geranium pokes out. I can't really see wearing this as a perfume, but it would be lovely in a bath, and I'm definitely going to pick myself up a bottle if it should make an appearance again.

eta: Now that I have more, I know what this reminds me of. It is Lush's Aura Suavis shower gel!

Edited by milo

I don't normally like herbal or mint scents, but I adore this bath oil. In the bath, it smells a lot like the Rose Geranium single note that I love (an almost spicy, herbal, dark green smell). I get lots of the geranium and a hint of cool, sweet mint. It's insanely relaxing. I feel like it turns my bathroom into a decadent spa. On my skin after the bath, I can smell mostly a cool, sweet lavender, hint of sweet mint, and a hint of powdery amber.

For me, this is a perfect oil for a bath before bedtime. It's so relaxing, and the lavender that lingers after the bath is a perfect bedtime scent. It's definitely a pricey bath oil, but I think that it's worth it. :smilenod:

Oh, how I love this stuff! The mints and the geranium are most prominent, but the other elements are there as well, adding to the mix. It is deceivingly complex, I think. I rarely am decadent enough to pour some in the bath, but when I am, the whole top floor of the house smells great for a day! If this is released again, I will be buying another bottle to treasure!

Got this as a frimp from myth in a package I got earlier today; thanks again! In the decant, this is really sharp citrus and minty, very much a kick to the face. On my skin, it's very much citrusy soap with the mint kicking it up. ...And now it's nothing, which I will attribute to the lavender. Wow, less than thirty seconds, that's got to be a new record. Stupid lavender. My skin, it goes nom nom nom on the lavender.

Edited by Venneh

Very herbal and minty with a giant slap of geranium. I love this! The combination of lavender/peppermint and spearmint remind me of LUSH's ice hotel bubble bar, and then throw in the geranium and you have the ultimate relaxing bath oil. Instantly soothes and calms. The slip is great, not too oily and sinks in fast. :wub2:

I got this as a decant, and I enjoyed it during the holiday that season. It seemed to work as a de-stresser, and I would buy it again,