Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Teggy

Champagne, Chocolate, and Cheap Sex

Champagne, chocolate, and cheap sex.

In the vial: All bubbly. Wait, did I get bubbles up my nose?! This is some serious champagne action.

Wet: :ack: You'd better love champagne to like this blend. I'm gettin' all bubbly. Where's the chocolate at? And where's the cheap sex, dammit? :huh?:

Drydown: Still predominantly champagne, but 30 minutes later, I get a teensiest tiniest hint of chocolate, a dusty choco like another reviewer mentioned-- Gelt. Which, also didn't work on my skin.

Verdict: This blend just didn't do it for me. I think I've tried the lab's champagne note in another blend and also found it a bit too realistic for my taste, but at least that other blend's notes seemed to play more. With this decant, all I really get is the bubbly and it's just not what I wanna smell like. I'm glad I got to smell and try this, but it's off to the swapping block for this guy. (Note: my mom said it smelled pretty good and particularly when I walked past her, though, that might have been the Pink Sugar I'd spritzed in my hair earlier today, hehe.)

this is one of the three champagne scents that actualy worked out ok!

It smelled like sweet wine and I like that, not like a sour one as is the case with almost all wine scents on me.

Wet: Champagne and a whiff of chocolate. Ah the chocolate is getting stronger but still not enough to overpower the champagne.

Dry: Bright champagne dominates. There’s a candy-like vibe that I totally wouldn’t associate with chocolate. This is such a bright scent, I could totally see this in shampoo or fabric softener. I know a lot of work and expense goes into making those, so nothing against those scents. But that is what this would be best suited for.

(many thanks to GypsyRoseRed and SueDonym for the circle!)

So this is an interesting scent. I don't get any chocolate, but all bubbly ginger ale which is pleasant and cute. Until...

About half an hour later I get the cheap sex. It smells like a girl woke up the next morning after spending the night in a strage bed which chamgpagne spilled in her hair. While not exactly gross BO scent, there is definately a dirty skin musk.

Not for me.

Champagne, Chocolate, and Cheap Sex is just that. I was suprised by how sparkly the champagne is! I think I caught some perfumey-ness, which must be the cheap sex, and there's no denying the chocolate. Hours later, the champagne and chocolate are still going, though they're faint.

In Bottle: Champagne, and sleaze. Seriously I can't describe, but it just smells like hooch. Sniffing a little longer reveals a very very trace hint of chocolate.

Wet on Skin: The chocolate became stronger, but the champagne is very powerful still. The hooch seems to have disappeared a bit.

Dry Down: The champagne is fading pretty fast, which is leaving a strong sex smell (like a room that's been filled with dirty, sweaty sex) and a mellow chocolate note.

Dry on Skin: Verrrry interesting. Doesn't seem to have much throw, but seems like a very fun scent given the right chance to wear it. None of them seem to be overpowering on me, and works well with my skin.

Overall: 5/5. It's not something I'd normally wear, but it's a really interesting scent that I just want to sniff over and over. I wouldn't even say it's a pleasing scent, but there's no way I could part with this. Very decadent.

This is AMAZING!

Very effervescent, I have no idea what Beth uses for her champagne note, but wheeee! Once on skin, there is a hint of chocolate. Can't detect any cheap sex, but champagne and choccies is fine right now :)

This is fantastic.

This is a deliciously sordid blend of all three things in the name with the "cheap sex" being what I believe to be skin musk. You have to really wait for it to dry down to get that note, because at first it's predominantly champagne, then the chocolate comes in, and finally the musk. My skin does well with chocolate blends, which explains why this works on me. Again, very effervescent like Champagne & Roses but darker, smuttier and more indulgent.:twisted: Overall, makes me think of being sprawled on the sofa in sleazy lingerie over the lap of a gorgeous hunk of manflesh, watching a Married With Children marathon with a bottle of Asti (this cheap champagne that I happen to love because it's so sweet) in one hand and a box of Godiva truffles in the other.

Edited by Invidiana

Got a tester of this in a recent sales package; thanks, cfransesca! In the decant, this smells like very bubbly champagne, almost soda-y. On my skin, it's primarily champagne, with the chocolate and skin musk lurking in there somewhere. We'll see if it comes out or not. ...And that's a no, sadly.

I'm not really sure what's going on here, as the champagne note in these blends seems to be radically different than the one used in Bon Vivant, which is the best champagne blend on me to date. Huh.

Edited by Venneh

Despite the fascinating name, this was 100% cheap champagne on me. Sour, and not so great. I know boozy things, most especially winey notes, can go very very wrong on me... and this is no exception. If there is chocolate in here, the champagne drowns it completely. It really smells like I spilt some sour champagne on me. Oh well. Not a workable one for me.

This is my first go at any sort of Champagne scent.

Wet: this is strong champagne coming at me. Almost ginger ale like. Definately fizzy. Interesting. No chocolate or sex, cheap or otherwise.

Wet on skin: champagne with a very faint hint of chocolate.

2 hours later: the chocolate is more dominate now, almost even with the champagne. No dirty naked freaks showing up, so I guess the sex decided to go celibate.

This is definately interesting. The champagne is very bright and light, and the chocolate is definately milky, but I was really looking forward to some raunche. However, I did get 2 unsolicited compliments today by others who liked how bright and sweet it was. So I guess it stays.