Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Teggy

Champagne, Chocolate, and Cheap Sex

Champagne, chocolate, and cheap sex.

Champagne...check
Chocolate...check
Cheap Sex...???

When I put this on, I could clearly detect the sparkling sweet champagne note. The chocolate is the same kind found in Gelt. I couldn't tell what made the "cheap sex" because those were the only two notes I could detect. Perhaps someone with more time to test than I can provide those details.

I really liked this at first because the champage/chocolate combo was really interesting. However, I found it to be a little too sweet for my taste and ended up getting Champagne and Cigars instead. I also found that the chocolate note faded not too long after application which I found a little disappointing. With the right skin chemistry or even in a locket, this would smell quite swoon-worthy.

*giggles at Teggys review*

I have a different take on champagne, Chocolate, and cheap sex.

Champagne, double check

Chocolate, Absent

Cheap sex, ......... sneaking around the closets

I don't get any chocolate from this. This champagne is strong, but it's a little different from the champagne in Champagne and roses. It's........... sexier. I'm totally digging the cheap sex. It's really fantastic.

And it's making me feel sexy and mischievous.

Wow, you know what, this is having the effect on me that everyone else says happened to them with Black Phoenix. I want to go kiss a mirror!

- Second try

I found the chocolate! I think it was shacking up with the cheap sex. And it's still making me want to kiss mirrors!

Edited by RaeiNarcissus

In the bottle the champagne is really really strong and dry. Not as sweet as I would have expected, like the champagne note in Bon Vivant. I also don't get much chocolate or cheap sex (I do get a whiff of a cologne-y note), so I am curious to see how this will morph on my skin.

Ok, on my skin a get a leetle bit of chocolate, but really, this is mostly a strong dry champagne note...

Yeah, this was strong champagne, with hints of cologne and a teensy bit of chocolate. I can see someone loving this...if they really liked that champagne note. Unfortunately, the champagne note just doesn't do it for me. Not as light and sweet as I would have hoped-a bit heavier and drier. I'll stick to the real things when it comes to champagne, chocolate, and cheap sex ;D

Bottle: Total Champagne

Wet on Me: Champagne and sweet…I think the Chocolate is coming out to play

Drying Down: more chocolate and the champagne seems to be receding so it is not as dominating and I’m thinking I’m getting this cheap sex or morning after cheap sex vibe.

Dry: This is the morning after a New Years Party where you drank way too much champagne, and it spilled on you as you were hugging and kissing at midnight…and then as the night’s revelry carried on, somehow chocolate was consumed and then you wake up in a champagne fog remembering bits and pieces of some really hot fast good sex you got while no one was looking. And you are smiling cause HE was hot and the sex was GOOD. No walk of shame on this one!

I just smell champagne. I get a teeeeeeny bit of chocolate somewhere mid-drydown but not much (have to bury my nose in my arm). I don't know if it's my chemistry but i get something borderline lemony in there too. Maybe the "cheap sex" is the something vaguely musky in dry-down, i don't know, i mostly smell bubble efforvescent fizzy champagne throught!

in the vial: chocolate and champagne dominate. let's see where the sex is being had...:D

wet on skin: the two notes are in a tussle, but the champagne is turning all ginger ale on me, the way it did with the Cigars. hmmm.

dry down:chocolate is nearly gone, all i'm getting is the ginger ale champagne.

in all: sadly, none of the Champagne scents have worked out on me. it was pretty yummy in Bon Vivant, but these blends are all sharper, more pungent, than the gentle fizz of BV. i am so grateful i got to try them all, but equally grateful i didn't buy bottles of any of them. oh well- win some, lose some...

ps it's making me sneeze, and giving me a headache. ohhhhhhhh. :P

On my skin this is fizzy sweet champagne and chocolate syrup. or maybe chocolate Coke - the soda fountain kind, not the canned kind. Delightful! Lasts for hours! I love it!!

Edited by girlygirl

Sweet and effervescent, whitish wine grape and not a touch of chocolate to be seen anywhere! As it warms, there's a corriander scent that dominates on my skin. I was kind of hoping for more booziness (especially considering the cheap sex of the title), but it's a rather clean, pleasant affair.

Ginger! That's what the effevescent scent is I'm getting!

Edited by lilacea

I almost missed out on the Champagne, Chocolate and Cheap Sex bottle, as I was sniffing scents and chatting almost a little too long. I like that champagne note. It is the first note apparent, but, the chocolate is definitely there as well. I think there is a slightly musky scent in the background as well that might be the cheap sex. =) I'll know more in a half hour when the champagne is gone. I'd like the alcohol to stick around longer, but, on my skin it isn't lasting. When the champagne runs out, the chocolate and a slight sweet musky scent remain. Nice.

This one lasts and lasts on the skin, and the smell is sparkly and bubbly and chocolate-y. Like Teggy said, the chocolate scent in this one is similar to the cocoa chocolate in Gent, and it smells divine. I'm not picking up too much of the cheap sex scent, except for a slight muskiness that remains in the background, but maybe I'll have to ask the hubby more about that note. :P

The champagne note in Bon Vivant does not stay on my skin for too long, but it definitely does in this one and in the other holiday champagne scent I picked up, Champagne and Roses. Yum!

I was able to get all three of the Champagne scents. Sadly, none of them worked for me. The champagne note quickly turns to a sour, stale, almost champagne scent.

With this one is was the sour, stale note with a hint of cocoa. It actually made me a little queasy. :P Kinda like the morning after.

At the beginning, I definitely got the fizzy effervescent scent of champagne (which I'm beginning to think I'm not all that fond of) and just a hint of cocoa. The chocolate does smell like the kind used in Gelt. After about 30 minutes, the champagne drops back and the chocolate takes the forefront. There's a tiny hint of muskiness to it.

Very interesting. Not for me, but I'm glad I got to try it out!

Ah the champagne - frothy and fizzy - and there's the chocolate strong but not long-lasting. Shortly the obvious and quite delicious chocolate fades into the blend, loeaving: _____. I'm trying to sort out the champagne and the chocolate to identify the "sex", but it's hard to find.

Maybe that's a trick of the too much champagne. Maybe I need the single note for cheap sex, or maybe I just have an alcohol problem.

I love the chocolate and champagne mix when it first comes out wet on the skin, but the chocolate is gone as soon as it starts drying on me leaving champagne blended with ... something. So to me it's like watching through a lighted window, with a thin curtain, as the sexy neighbors across the way drink champagne, feed each other chocolate, and seduce each other: satisfying, enticing, but as the windows steam up I lose the sense of what's happening.

Again it's the champagne - too strong, too Bottle-Caps candy. I love the concept of the cheap swanky New Years, but practically speaking I'm okay without. So glad I got to try these! So glad I don't have to seek out bottles of 'em!

Happy NY's

I get the champagne (smells kind of like sprite to me, actually), and I get just a whiff of the chocolate, but mostly it turns to sprite on me. Alas. Still, it's very refreshing and I actually like sniffing the vial a lot (:

This is just straight Champagne on me. I get no chocolate and no cheap sex. I'm kinda glad I didn't take the time to try to track down a bottle and just got a decant instead. It's nice, but disappointing.

I had hoped that this would be mostly chocolate and sex (though I’m not sure what exactly I hoped sex would smell like, lol) and not much champagne, but it’s the opposite of what I had hoped for.

I get a whiff of dry cocoa powder when this is first applied, but that quickly disappears and I’m left with the champagne note that fizzles out within an hour on my skin. All of the Champagne blends fade really fast on me.

I’m not well educated in boozy smells (I don’t drink alcohol); the champagne smells like an odd mix of bright & clean and sharp & pukey, though. It's oddly sour and unpleasant. I think that I was hoping for more of a sweet, fizzy smell.

I'm glad to have gotten the chance to try this, but it's not something that I'd ever wear.

Edited by Little Bird

Bottle: Wow! Definitely smell the Champagne and some Chocolate, but I think the Cheap Sex must be hiding around somewhere... Maybe it will be a surprise.

On the skin: Well, the Champagne took over and dominates! I should have known this would happen as I believe my skin loves to amp anything semi boozy too an unbearable level. I love Champagne and I believe this would be perfect for a party of some kind, but it just isn't for me... Never did find the Cheap Sex *sigh*

Wet the champagne note is really predominant. It's bubbly and light, effervescent. After the initial nose tickle, the chocolate comes out. Its a dry cocoa on me. And the cheap sex is a musk I think. Overall the effect is pure wonderfulness and I am totally in awe. The end product of this blend on my skin is a sweet, champagne scent with hints of dry cocoa and musk.

ick!

the champagne scent is there, much like lush's css and it's very strong and effervescent. but there is just a cloying element to the scent that i can't get over, nor would i want to smell like this. it drowns out everything else, like you spilled cheap champagne all over yourself. this is better than the cigar scent though, which was completely hideous!!!

I smell the chocolate first, and the champagne is just a light note here. Oh, that's yummy. That's really nice. Now the chocolate is starting to fade and the champagne is coming back. I think we could use chocolate and sex without the champagne.

I swapped this with a lovely forumite but.. ah well..

I must admit,

I am disappointed.

It might be me, but all I smell is a strange artificial, stale and sour champagne- note ,

nothing else, all the time... :cry2:

This was the only one from the champagne-scents that I was really dying to try,

and it kicked me in the butt.

It lasted quite a while on me,

but it turned into champagne-plastic after 15 minutes -

which is NOT GOOD !

I guess,

I stick with Bon Vivant for my champagne needs and have some chocolate with that.

I was SO much hoping for some cheap sex ( HA ! ) but alas..

it wasn´t ment to be.

Still unsure about this one - definitely nothing I´d ever use,

but a rare keeper ?

Dunno.

*sigh*

Thank you SueDonym and Gypsy Rose Red for gathering these for us and sending them out! :D

I LOVE BPAL's fizzy alcoholic notes. In the imp I smell champagne and a hint of chocolate. Mmmm! And then on...well, champagne, and then something that smells like cheap floral perfume! Very lightly though. Much less scary on than I was thinking it would be. But the perfume note is definitely off-putting.

Umm...I really couldn't imagine how champagne and chocolate notes were going to work together in one blend, and that's why I wanted to try this one. The truth is, though, that on me at least, they don't. It smells like I dropped my Hershey's bar into my glass of Sprite. :unsure:

In the imp: Mostly sweet champagne, a little tiny bit of chocolate.

Fresh on the skin: Almost exactly the same. Surprisingly nice!

5 minutes later: Nearly all champagne, a bit of musk.

20 minutes later: Gorgeous, gorgeous champagne.

1.5 hours later: Sweet, delicious champagne, a bit rich.

3.5 hours later: Sweet, light champagne, with underlying musk.

16 hours later: Huh. Fades to something very faintly laundryish.

Verdict: Delicious.

One word: Champagne.