Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The scent of sexual obsession, slavery to sensual pleasure, and the undercurrent of innocence defiled utterly. Amber and honey with a touch of vanilla.

Sweet honey, smooth with a faint hidden sharp note that is reminiscent of a field of clover. Love this!

Well I dont know if I can say any good things about O that has not been already said. :P This is a very enchanting aroma! I will get a 10ml of this in my next order. :D

To me O smelled alot like Angel (from Thierry Mugler), but better. And the reason it was better is that Angel is completely in your face. If a person wearing Angel walked into the office building wear I work, I would still be able to smell that 30 minutes after they left. And that really gets on my nerves. O doesn't do that. There is something that is very similar and sort of buttery, but it doesn't overpower every other scent in the environment.

Very nice.

The following poem that I wrote during a long, lazy, sexy summer when I was 17 came straight into my mind when I wore O for the first time today:

Tuned down to a low hum

Honey and slow indolence

Lapping in the sun.

Candy caned

And golden kissed

Open ended

Coma bliss.

And I think that stands fairly well as a review, IMO!

:P

-fallow deer

I bought this as an Imp I'd heard so many good things about it. I just hoped the honey wasn't too sickly-sweet like Lush's HIWTK (which makes me twitch :P ).

Initial application...

Eeep! It is as I feared, a very sickly-sweet honey smell reminiscent of Lush's HIWTK wafts past my nose. This is not good.

Wearing...

Well that *is* a relief. The initial sweetness dies down to an acceptable level and is mostly overridden by a gorgeous smokey/musky smell (is this the amber?) turning into a rather sensuous scent. Although I'm sure the constant wrist-to-nose action is anything but sensuous! Someone used the term "dusky" (or maybe shriekingviolet's "Husky") and I'd say that's a perfect way to describe it.

I think I might be getting a bottle of this...

Who would have ever thought that Sex comes in a teeny little Imp's Ear? When I first dabbed this on and sniffed, I had an "Oh My God" moment. O is an extremely sexy combination of smells, impressions, memories, and naughty naughty thoughts creeping up into my medulla oblongata!

Amber as a top note, which is sexy enough by itself, melded perfectly with red clover, perfectly balanced. Eventually the clover morphs into sweet, sticky honey (which inspires even more hot fantasies).

I'm also getting that 'after sex' smell...there's a thin, sharp, sexy muskiness on the drydown.

Niiiiiiice....

Velvet

I don't know what more I can add to this. O is a wonderful scent. absolutly delicious. its very sweet and almost a bit sweaty. I freakin' love it. must have a big bottle.

To me O smelled alot like Angel (from Thierry Mugler), but better. And the reason it was better is that Angel is completely in your face.

While I've never found Angel to be overpowering, I will admit that O seems to be slinkier and more subtle. I *really* like it.

-Jilli

Vanilla was the first thing I caught when I smelled it right out of the bottle, and for a minute I was a little unnerved because I thought it seemed like pure vanilla to me, as in the extract. I wasn't sure I wanted to smell like vanilla all day, lol.

Then I put it on. Oh. My. Goodness. It went from vanilla to SEX in about 10 seconds flat!!

It seems like there HAS to be some kind of pheromone in here, a musk, some kind of weird combination of DNA, something that totally gives it that scent of pure sex.

Amazing. Of all the scents I've tried, this one was the biggest surprise for me. I definitely see a 10mL bottle in my future.

Yes, this smells like SEX. no doubt about it. sweet, sticky, sweaty sex.

I cant stand it. I washed it off.

It was wafting up at my nose for 2 hours, but I've had more than enough O!! Good staying power. swapping this one.

FIRST SNIFF: all honey

WEARING IT: beeswax candles. i was so excited about this scent after hearing everyone raving about it - but alas honey and wax are all i smell.

VERDICT: not my type of scent :P

At first: a very sticky sweet honey/floral combo, almost sharp. mellows down to vanilla-but-not-quite. It does the same thing Snake oil does on my skin, but without the spicyness. It's a golden, warm scent, but sex? No, not for me. Sexy, definately.

Edit: And this one lasts. 12 hours and it's still going strong.

Edited by Tesseljoan

I smell something floral/fruity here as well, but it's a very vague topnote to me....underneath, I smell something sharp and almost bitter...not in a bad way, though...it suits the scent perfectly. O smells dirty to me, and I love it.

On Dry -

Ok, I'm having bad luck body chemistry, I guess. O when dry has turned into a weirdly headache and nasuea inducing scent....I can't stand it. I'm so sad!!

Edited by Jenmaha

In the bottle, there's a bit of honey tinged with sweat.

On: Oh dear sweet goddess, this is what they mean by smelling like sex. It does smell like what I think sex would smell like, and unfortunately, I don't like it. It's honey, musk and sweat.

It changes slightly, feeling less dirty, making it more bearable, but I still can't get over the sweat smell. Swapped this.

I'm going to have to try this one again when the weather has cooled a bit. It's sexy, yes. But it's a little sweet for my taste. This scent's color is honey. It's got that texture too, thick, syrupy and translucent.

Shadow, I agree, it's a heavy scent for summer. I wore it the other day when it was hot and humid out and felt as if I was suffocating.

That said, this is my favorite scent so far! It is very lost lasting and smells just plain hott. The amber is especially strong on me, particularly at first, but the honey comes in pretty quickly and it is what seems to have the staying power. It pairs with Lush's B Never especially well. As an added bonus, my husband LOVES it and finds it super sexy. Aw yeah.

In the bottle: Ooh, this is pure honey with the amber and vanilla deliciously blended in there...ooh, tasty---wait, what's this? Something smells suspicious. Not bad, just suspicious, like there's something hiding in there amongst all that innocent sweetness.

Wet, on my skin: There it is. I smell sweaty sex in there and it's a little bit too realistic and it's creeping me out a bit. I'm intrigued, and I'm still going to wear this a lot, but that extra little scent in there is definitely a little unnerving at first. It's like there are people having sex in the bottle when I'm not looking and tainting the perfectly innocent scent. Then again, I think that was the whole idea...

Dry: Much more subtle, but tiny traces of all of the scents involved are still intact. Wow. Crazy.

Beth, how on EARTH do you do these things?? The little creature that lives in Jareth the Goblin King's pants must creep into your lab late at night and slip you secret otherworldly ingredients from the Labyrinth.... :P

Amber tends to go smoky and slightly earthy on my skin so I wasn’t surprised when this was the first thing I noticed. Very warm and sweet and I can just smell the vanilla in the background.

As it dries the smokiness is still there, but faded to almost a toffee note.

I was enjoying this but then got called away for a few hours. On my return I reapplied to start again.

This time I could smell the honey, I didn’t detect it at all the first time. The smokiness is still there but blended beautifully with the honey and vanilla.

Delectable is an understatement.

at first: i was expecting this to be sweet and it is, but with a floral tartness to it. very nice.

on: smells like lush's honey i washed the kids (hiwtk) soap now: a sweet, syrupy honey. however, i also, for some reason, smell apple. weird.

15 minutes later: well, this evidently gets the seal of approval from isabel (my cat). she just sniffed my wrist and started licking it. hehe... it has become sweeter, but not as heavy, and the tartness and apple scent are pretty much gone. it smells like a more sophisticated version of hiwtk.

1 hour later: i'm in love with this one. it's sweet, but not sickly sweet; more of a sexy kind of a sweet.

2 hours later: this stuff is amazing. it seems more complex than straight-up honey to me, so that might be either the vanilla or the amber or, more likely, a combination of both.

3 hours later: this is amazing. i still can't stop smelling it. it's still very strong, which is fabulous. it's addictively sexy...or sexily addictive.

4.5 hours later: it's still strong and sweet. i can't wait to try it with some hiwtk.

overall: basically, sex in a bottle. needless to say, i'll be getting a 10ml of this when i run out. i also bought an imp for a friend who is in love with hiwtk. i'm glad i wore it on a cool day because i think it would be pretty overwhelming when the weather is warm.

Mmmm...I didn't like this one on first try, but I'm glad I gave it a second one. It is soooooooooooooooo gorgeous! I just love to smell my wrists when this is on. My boyfriend also likes it on me and he also smells sooooooooo good in it! I never even thought to try it on a guy before reading the reviews, so thank you to whomever recommended it!

~eclecticaura~

Wearing it for the first time: Honey and...mint? Surprisingly light. Don't smell the sex everyone's talking about.

Wearing for the second time: Oh, there it is. Much heavier and sweeter this time. Lasts for quite a while. Still not what I'd consider a sexy or sensual scent, though. It's pretty much just honey.

Third wear: So O by itself is lacking something on me. O mixed with Old Morocco, however, is surprisingly nice. O is the dominant scent in the blend, but the spices in Old Morocco round it out beautifully. Golden spicy honey. Mmm. Smells exotic.

Still not sexy, but I definitely like the blend.

Edit: Okay, this has grown on me to the point that I need to buy a big bottle. It's my time of the month, and O smells more like the first honey-vaguely-minty incarnation on my skin - and it's unbelievable. I'm sitting at my desk sniffing my wrists about every ten seconds.

Edited by Electra

Out of the bottle: Hmm, a bit fruity.

Wet: It must be the amber I'm smelling, because I don't catch any vanilla. This is a bit sharp.

Dry: I'll admit, I disliked O the first few times I tried it. But once it dries, the blend of amber, honey, and vanilla is really perfect. The fruity trace disappears, and the three notes are in complete balance.

Overall: I'm looking forward to wearing O today -- quite different from my first reaction to it, and a bit surprising as I hate to diverge from my favorite perfume. If I don't feel like wearing it straight on, it will be a nice scent to hide behind my ears for my boyfriend to find. :P

It took me the longest time to review O, just like it took me the longest time to decide if I loved it or hated it.

For the first few weeks, I had a hard time getting over the sour and, yes, sweaty smell I got after applying. The drydown was much nicer and better rounded, but still, this was a weird scent. Yet I found myself reaching for the imp more and more often, until I had to face the truth: O makes me feel deliciously naughty and I am addicted to that feeling.

Not only that, but the scent itself grew on me. My nose does not even register the initial dirty sour note anymore. It is as if it tells the oil: "yeah, yeah, we know that already, go straight to the nice stuff, will you?". And the oil does what it's told: straight to the sticky sweet goodness!

A keeper, without question.