Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Alice Aforethought

Fenris Wolf

The raw, untamable power of chaos. Rosewood, amber, red musk and a dribble of red sandalwood.

This is delightful. Oddly, it reminds me of Cathedral with a drop of Satyr. The red musk here isn't as heated, strong, and fruity smelling as it normally is on me. This has more of the sexy, feral, dark musk feel that I get from Satyr. And it's mostly rich, sweet, resinous smelling woods (I would have guessed dark myrrh). It's really smooth and even the amber isn't going to baby powder like it usually does on my skin.

Fenris Wolf is fantastic and sexy, and I *really* love this on my husband. :twisted:

Another plus is that this blend has amazing staying power and throw. It amps up like crazy on my husband and lasts all day on me as well. Good stuff. Edited by Little Bird

Fenris Wolf

In the imp: gorgeous rich warm sandalwood and rosewood!

Wet on skin: still warm, dry woods.

Dry on skin: this is such a wonderful woody scent. The sandalwood and rosewood notes are nice and strong in this scent, and yet, there are mesmerising undercurrents of amber and musk under those fragrant woods. It smells almost like good quality incense. I don't know, but this scent reminds me of something I've smelt before, possibly a very good perfume. I think it's the amber-sandalwood combination, it reminds me of Sin. This is a really sexy scent and I think a man would pull it off-even though I adore this on me as well.

After a while: it's faded fast, which is a shame, but the scent that remains on my skin is reminiscent of Sin's drydown. It must be the amber and sandalwood at work-and the musk is gorgeous in this. It's a very close to the skin scent now-I hope it sticks around though.

Verdict: this is another one of the few Diabolus scents that really, really works on me. a sexy and sultry blend of strong wood notes with amber and musk. this is a fantastic scent, and I think it would smell gorgeous on a guy-I tell you, this is another one of those scents that if a man wore it, he'd get an instant shagging by me. (Forget the Lynx effect, I prefer the BPAL effect!!! :P ) This scent is warm and sensual and makes me feel good inside. The only downside? It seems to fade quickly. But apart from that-I love this!

The woods are taking over and are all pencil shavings once dry on DH. I wanted to love this for the red musk and amber, but they don't play center stage. It is just too much wood for our nose.

Hey, this is a manly version of Anne Bonny on my boyfriend. And wow, it's really sexy on him!

In the imp: I smell woods and dry grasses.

Wet on his skin: Anne Bonny. A pirate ship. Avast, this is pretty hawt, ye scurvy wolves. That sandalwood makes itself known right away!

Dry after 15 minutes: Primarily sandalwood, with another woodsy scent.

An hour or so later: The sandalwood has mellowed, letting the musk and amber come out to play. This smells raw and outdoorsy on him without going feral. It has a small throw. I can smell it a couple feet from him, but at that point it's really melded with the air and kind of smells like I burned incense in here a few hours ago, and the room still smells of it a bit.

Verdict: He says this is a definite keeper and is already snuffling around for a 5ml. :P I think I'd feel comfortable wearing this as well, but I have Anne Bonny, and that's fine for me.

Edited by Babylon

I wanted to like this because of the musk and amber in it - it was too woodsy on me though which is a shame (damn skin chemistry!). It did mellow out once it had been on for a while but the woodsy smell just wouldn't leave my skin unfortunately

Got this in a swap with a friend:

At first, this was a combination of resiny-sweet and woody-sharp; I could smell the amber AND the musk AND the rosewood. Then it calmed down to a warm, sweet amber-woodsy blend. I absolutely love it and want a bottle. I think this would really work as a base layer for some of the more uncooperative or fugitive florals I've tried, and it smells wonderful in its own right too.

Edited by Chrysantza

This is nice. I can make out almost all of the notes...its woody, sweet, musky, and has that spice of the amber in it. This reminds me of a few different scents that I all ready own (urd and cathedral come to mind), but it still has its own 'thing' going for it. :P

Exactly Spellbound, a bit more bite maybe. It was great to wear today as we got a massage at the office, it was a complemetair scent to balance me. I would not buy a 5 ml of this but I keep the imp around

Mmmmmm....this one was my most anticipated imp ever, I think. I just *knew* I'd like it, but it is even better on Turboman. A 5ml will be ordered! I love seeing how the scents differ with out chemistry.

On me, I get the red musk and sandalwood, and a streak of that chaos that I can't quite pin down.

On turboman, oh, I just want to ravage him. :P Its animalistic, deep forest and maybe a dribble of civet-like musk in there. Its really the best bpal on him yet!

Fenris Wolf is just what I was hoping it would be!

When I first put it on it was quite masculine, but 10 minutes later it has mellowed into a warm light woodsey scent- not masculine at all. Very nice and comforting!

This is almost overpowering on first application--strong musk and woods, and definitely masculine. Wow. As it dries, it becomes sweeter, warmer. The woods become friendlier, but no less wild. The blend overall is a feral one, and definitely sexy.

In the end, I think both genders could wear this scent, but this is definitely not for the faint of heart.

Fenris Wolf starts out with a really strong woodsy masculine splash and fooled me at first. I liked it but it seemed pretty "guy" to me. My husband tried it and thought it was too sweet for him. So I tried it again and it's a winner. Not too masculine at all but very warm smelling and comforting with the amber and musk notes coming out after a bit. My only complaint is that it doesn't last long enough on me!

ETA This layers nicely with Blood Amber.

Edited by fiddlehead

Another of the frimps with a recent order.

In the Imp - Very musk and spicey with earthy (like freshly turned soil) undertones.

On my Skin Wet - Initially spicey, fading quickly to a "woodsy" scent (like the forest in early fall), but has a bit of an almost menthol note in the background (start of the myrrh, maybe?)

On my Skin Dry - Still woodsy with the myrrh and sandle starting to apper.

I liked this, but It smells better on the husband. He maybe getting a bottle of it soon. :P

Fenris Wolf starts out with prominent wood notes - I love rosewood and sandalwood - yum! As this dries down it sweetens up a bit with the amber coming out to play.

Long wear, good throw, nice mellow sweet wood. Definitely a 5ml. order!

The first thing I noticed about this blend is that, much like Dragon's Milk, it did not absorb into my skin...

In the imp: Honest-to-God, I thought I smelled patchouli (this was a lovely frimp from the Lab, so I didn't have a list of notes on hand). I suppose I was picking up on the rosewood or something.

Wet: I had a really difficult time coming up with an adequate description, as this scent almost seems without odor when it is wet on my skin. I tried this next to Eos, which lit up on my skin, so it was difficult to detect anything. After trying another spot on my arm, I detected the sandalwood, and something that contributes a bit of a kick.

Dry-down and wear: This is truly a RED perfume (even though it is more brown in the imp). Sandalwood is one of those notes that tends to dominate with my skin chemistry, but it is spiced up here--just lovely. In fact, this perfume reminds me of the Djinn/Magus blend I concoted for myself. I just wish it was stronger. I think I will have to try this one on again--all alone--so I can get a better idea of the throw. That will help me determine whether or not it goes in the "A list" for buying bottles or the "B list."

straight from the imp this reminds me of scherezade...must be the

red musk....upon application this warms up to be quite nice ...

after awhile i can smell the beautiful sandalwood and amber coming

through.....long lasting, too...so purdee :P

I have a 10ml of this. It is my all time favorite bpal scent. Every note in this blend resonates well with my skin chemistry. My only qualm with Fenris Wolf is that the blend could last longer and broadcast stronger.

In the bottle: Dominant red sandalwood.

Wet, when first applied: Heavy red sandalwood sweetened by rosewood. Red Musk tends to develop into a minor note on my skin chemistry in most blends, and the same rule applies here; the note is in the background but detectable. The amber stays a minor player as well.

Drydown(5 to 10+ minutes after application): Within minutes this has primarily become a sleekly dry wood with a raw sweetened depth to it provided by the rosewood. When I inhale it, the scent seems multi-faceted somehow, and much more complex than just the combination of notes listed in the description, as if there are layers beneath the smooth red surface that I can only speculate on. The red sandalwood and rosewood are still dominant, and wonderous in their masterfully singular blending. There is a sort of strength to the oil that has both masculine and feminine counterparts, and yet holds neither, a sexual, chaotic and powerful force. There is nothing to fear when wearing this blend.

I would consider this scent a gender neutral one leaning towards the masculine side of things in feel, but one that could be easily worn depending more on individual tastes and skin chemistries rather than gender.

Throw: 7/10 (rating). Throw is fairly moderate, but the scent stays steady in strength for several hours after application. Any longer and I have to reapply, through.

Overall: 9/10 (rating). This has been my unbeatably favorite bpal blend for a very long time. It is sexy, woody, animalistic, powerful and red and I never have grown tired of it. I strongly identify with the color red, and this suits me perfectly as Fenris Wolf is the by far the best embodiment of the color I have found yet in a bpal oil. If your skin chemistry loves red sandalwood or even wood note based blends, I would definately reccomend this.

[Edit: aged Fenris Wolf is even better, and lasts longer (through still not as long as I'd like). The rosewood in aged Fenris Wolf is the most exquisite rosewood I've found yet, and while the red musk is slightly discordant with a fresh bottle, the note integrates beautifully when its been aged for a while. Pure heaven for this rosewood lover.]

Court

Edited by Court Analyst/Strategist

This was one of the scents that I picked specifically so I could slap it on Mr. Circe.

In the imp: Amber and rosewood with a bit of musk.

Wet: rosewood and amber. Very, very sweet smelling.

Dry 5 minutes:

Me: Still sweet rosewood and amber.

Him: Amber and musk. It's very sweet.

Dry 30 minutes:

Me: More of the rosewood is coming out, a woody sweetness.

Him: Waaaaaaaaaaay sweet. Amber and roses (no wood at all on that boy) and it's masking the sandalwood, which he normally wears really well. Not a hint of musk for him.

Dry 1 hour:

Me: The musk and sandalwood are just background notes to the rosewood and amber. It's not conventionally sweet, but that's the impression I'm getting. Much sweetness to the smell. No animal or woods here.

Him: It's an almost herbal sweetness on him. It's VERY sweet. He really amps up the amber, I guess.

Dry 3 hours: It's a very sweet herbal scent on both of us, though Mr. Circe is getting more of a wood-musk scent to it than I am.

Mr. Circe doesn't like this scent on himself...he says it's too sweet, even if it IS herbal-wood sweet. I think it's all right, but I much perfer him in Villian.

As for myself, it's not a bad scent--crisp but deep. It's just not 'me'. It's not a bad knocking-around-outside scent, methinks.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this has a really great throw on it and lasts longer on me than on Mr. Circe. He got about five hours off of it and I had it for about ten +.

Edited by Ciircee

In the vial: Pine!

On me, at first it smelled like... Irish Spring and "Lust"?! I think I need to take my skin chemistry out back and shoot it... *facepalm*

It took a long time to get away from this rather unwanted combination; right now (having worn it for about 4 1/2 hours), the amber finally gets out and works its magic. Not bad now, but I wish the initial phase didn't last quite as long. Will use up the imp, though.

Edited by Diva Urd

Fenris Wolf, at first, is quite a clean wood scent, like walking through a forest on a cool, slightly damp evening. This is the sandlewood and maybe the rosewood, I'm guessing. Clean, wet earth mix with subtle florals is what this is at first.

Then the red musk dominates the scent. This is the wolf. Not a male wolf; this isn't a definite masculine scent, I don't think. It's just a wolf, in general. A wolf on the prowl.

Gradually, the scent mellows back to its original wood/floral smell, but the musk hasn't gone, completely.

:P

My husband loved this from the moment he first sniffed it in the imp to the very moment it faded away hours later. The first words out of his mouth when he put it on his skin were: spicey, masculine and wild! He said it makes him want to go to a tavern and order a big beef steak with gravy and some Guinness on tap.

On the dry down, the warm sweetness of the musk slowly emerged, but never got too sweet. The more I smelled it, the more it reminded me of a forest of ancient, giant redwood trees.

This is a very sexy, and warm complex blend that men will love and women will love on their men.

Dark and masculine. Rosewood dominates, with its unique cedar/rose scent. Combined with the sandalwood, it makes for a very woodsy blend. The musk is strong and animalistic. The amber is soft and sweet, but fades out quickly. I think I’d really enjoy this scent if it had more amber. I like it, but I’ve already got so many favorite woodsy scents I don’t know if I have room for a bottle of this.

I picked this up for my boyfriend in my quest to get him hooked on BPAL.

In the imp: Musk. It's masculine and strong. Almost overwhelming.

On him: Too strong. Nothing but the musk ever comes out.

awesome. very woody, foresty, trial... even animalistic. Makes me think i should be out in the woods, hunting down innocent little bunnies. occasionally remenicient of cedar which i don't like, but its not strong enough to be offputting. This is definitly good "smells" for wife pouncing. My first full bottle purchase easily.