Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lixolux

Has No Hanna

Brings a rush of good luck, lifts the spirit, and helps alleviate depression.

I liked Has No Hanna for the first five or ten minutes that it was on. It smelled like rich vanilla and golden spicy ylang ylang. Ylang ylang often goes a bit metallic on me, so that twang was in there as well. I liked it though.

Then a hyper musky floral starts to come out (jasmine?) and this is STRONG. Not just a floral headache, a floral bleeding migraine. The vanilla and even the ylang ylang are gone. Brutally murdered.

It's amazing to me how something could start out so lovely and turn into such pain (ha, this scent is like my first boyfriend).

Rating (on skin): 1/5

Rating (efficacy): N/A

Summarised in a word or two: Very floral.

In the imp/bottle: A very light, breezy, but very strong floral. Not my cup of tea so far.

On skin, wet: A strong floral, with a fresh-fruit undertone.

On skin, dry: This starts giving me a headache after about twenty minutes. Something in it strikes me as rose, but I may be way off. Whatever it is, it's not lifting my spirit by giving me a headache. It does, as most scents I don't care for are wont to, have a very strong, and lingering throw. It lasts for hours.

Conclusion: Obviously, not for me as a scent. I can't speak to its efficacy, as I tested this purely as a perfume.

Edited by Aredhel

When I first tried this I liked it a lot, more for the way it really did make me feel happy than for the way it smelled. It's been on my Big Bottle list for ever, but for some reason I kept delaying actually placing the order. But I find that I don't reach for it that often because it really doesn't smell that nice at all (I get clean/soap combined with herbs and weeds), and the smell is distracting, in fact. Now that I've tried other Voodoo Blends and have some that make me feel good and smell delicious - yes, Van Van, I'm looking at you - Has No Hanna has moved way down in my esteem. Sorry dear, I wish you weren't so floral - I think we'd get along much better if you weren't.

ETA - Has No Hanna refused to take 'No' for an answer, and now I realize that none of the other Voodoo Blends OR TAL's work as well as this one to lighten my mood (even my beloved Van Van, while the smell is a hundred times better, doesn't really change my mood after all!), plus it really does bring good luck. So not only has it gone back on the Big Bottle list, but now I need 10ml and an imp to tide me over 'til the bottle gets here - I gave away my imp to enable someone (I also find it's great for that, many people really like the smell).

Edited by roesmoker

Ok at first wiff I knew that I and this one would not get along at all. I detected sharp citrus and anstringement. Ugh. However after drying down I was totally amazed at how this had morphed into a lovely soft floral. Maybe sweet pea, maybe jasmine, maybe both. The citrus note is barely there now. My scale of 1-5...4

And I sure am glad I allowed this one to completely drydown before making my final conclusion on this one :P

at first: sweet and floral, but...different. i can't put my finger on it.

on: a deep, lush, sweet floral. there's an almost rum-like note to this, too.

1.5 hours later: sweet and a bit fruity, but mostly floral. i love this.

overall: i have to admit that this did lift my mood a bit. it's just a very cheery, optimistic scent.

in the imp: floral. hmmm. will this work on me? i'm not a floral person. but i'm looking for a mood boost.

wet: dear goddess, the flowers are conquering the world! herbal/green/foodie/woody/incense lovers, take cover! :D

later: ah yes, a mellowing of the flowers. soapy, powdery notes are coming out in full force, but it's not an obnoxious soap scent. more green soap than white soap. i detect some sort of herbal note in there which i adore. the throw is powerful, too, but not overpowering. hopefully it'll positively affect my coworkers!

mood: i've been bouncing around all morning, despite the constant rain and 50-degree weather. my mood has definitely been given a boost. i'm downright chipper, which is rare.

this one's a keeper, for days when i need an extra mood boost. i don't know how beth does it, but this is aromatherapy at its finest.

[edit] laterlater: now i can place the green soapy scent - cucumber. how lovely! it reminds me of the scent of remede alchemy moisturizer. (please excuse me - i'm a skin care junkie, and therefore, compare everything to skin care scents :P )

Edited by starfire

In the bottle: Brightly floral with a strong rose note. Sweet green floral.

Wet: :P uhm, roses. Pure strong roses. That's it. Pure "look, honey, what I just cut off the rose bush for your breakfast tray" roses. Lovely, but strong. My cats won't come near me.

Drydown: Stays roses. Just roses. Like walking around with a corsage.

Dry: Fading, pretty fast. After 3-4 hours, I have to apply my nose directly to my wrist to smell anything. Still the same pure rose smell, but extremely faint.

Overall: I like it, particularly on a dreary dark rainy day like today. The word I would use is hopeful, not cheerful.

Frimp from the Lab about a week ago... it was just in time for a major test. :P

In the vial: Hello floral! I don't smell jasmine or ylang ylang or rose at all-- that's muguet and maybe a touch of honeysuckle to me, no mistaking it. Sweet and watery and oh-so-pretty. There's something else behind it, but mostly it's nearly identical to the pure-muguet perfume oil I have in my cosmetics cabinet.

Wet: Pretty flowery soap (cucumber?) with a touch of cooking-spice smell. A little aquatic, very femme, very sunny-- whether it's the effects of the blend or just the power of suggestion is up for debate, but it does make me smile! This is happy and sort of delicious-smelling... the florals are cleanly lush and almost wet.

Dry: The same. Cool water, clean soap, bright flowers, and something spicy waaay in the back, tickling my peripheral nose-vision. Similar to the Lady of Shallot, but less complex. As far as voodoo properties go... my dad and brother are discussing the "inevitable" apocalyptic-style economic crash in the kitchen, which usually annoys/scares me... and I feel peaceful and content, and am noticing the sunlight and the colours of things more than usual. Florals still aren't really my thing, but I'm definitely going to try to keep an Imp around for days when I need a boost.

Edited by WidgetAlley

Has No Hanna is a sweet, sensitive floral on me, reminding me of the cheery clusters of flowers in Beltane. I find it difficult to isolate any specific floral notes here, it just seems like a big vase full of 'em.

Florals like this play out in my mind like sunshine, and to that end, Has No Hanna lifted my spirits. I could use some good luck, so I'll be annointing some special places in my home with this one and wearing it on days when I need the boost.

I ordered an imp of Has No Hanna because I've just been really down lately, so I was hoping it would help. I would have went for a whole bottle, but I figured if the scent didn't agree with me it wouldn't do much for making me feel happier.

When my order arrived I was suffering from a pretty nasty cold, and my sinuses where filled with all kinds of nasty, which was affecting my sense of smell. Every thing smelled of to me, but that didn't stop me from sniffing my order anyway. On first sniff I could tell that Has No Hanna smelled floral, but not the kind of floral I usually want to come within 20 feet of. So I put the imp in my box and hoped that it was just my sinuses making it smell wonky (along with the rest of my order).

After my cold went away I smelled it again, and even if it doesn't work for the reason I bought it, I'd still want it anyway just because it smells so darned good. It smells mostly like roses to me, but soft pink roses, or baby roses. I think I smell lilies too, because it's slightly soapy, though not enough to bother me. I just love it. It is strong stuff, I've found that just a little bit is enough for me, which is strange for my slathering tendancies.

As for how well it works as a voodoo blend, well I'm not disapointed there either. I do feel lighter and happier when I wear it. A whole bottle is definatly in order.

This has a dominant note of amber, I think, but it's underlaid by an indefinable something that makes me think of my grandfather's gardenias. Sadly, I detest the scent of gardenias, so this goes into the swap pile.

In the bottle: Smells like fruit with a whiff of perm solution in the background.

Applied: Now it smells like fruit with honey, and the perm solution fades to just a general tangy smell that I get out of a lot of the Voodoo oils. I don’t practice it, so the only way I would be using this oil is in meditation and for aromatherapy. However, there are a lot of other blends that I would prefer for those purposes, and I would imagine this would be better used by a person who knows about and practices other spiritual paths than mine.

Doesn’t make me feel especially happy, but only because of the tangy stuff.

I can only wear a tiny bit of Has No Hanna at a time, as it is way too floral and something I cannot put my finger on but that's not terribly pleasant, for me to actually wear for scent's sake. Which means that it has really not had much of a mood effect for me, which is part of why I bought it.

I have, however, worn it in combination with other scents to a couple of job interviews. The interviewd themselves went very well, however I've yet to receive an offer, which makes me wonder if perhaps this blend and I are just not meant to be...

big huge rosy floral...just a drop of this is all you need!!

mighty powerful stuff here folks!!! stays true to the initial application

on me with a touch of vanilla.....beautifully done :P

Edited by sookster

A few reviewers have suggested you go "light" on application here, and I couldn't agree more. It's really the key to enjoying Has No Hanna.

VERY heady, ylang ylang definitely, peach maybe, jasmine and/or honeysuckle, and rose. Very dense, very perfume-y flowers, with something sparkly and vaguely fruity in the background. VERY girly.

I put it on my wrists and got a headache- but when i put a drop or two on my collarbone, I actually smelled pretty nice. The application makes all the difference here, so if you want to carry the intent of Has No Hanna with you but are afraid of the density, try a bit in your hair or on a non-pulse point, and be very gentle. You'll get all the pretty with none of the closed capillaries. :P

Mmmn. Okay, on me, this doesn't smell like many of what people say... no vanilla, no jasmine... no 'dark'.

What it smells like to /me/ are those little fancy soaps you find at a relative's house that's trying to impress people. The ones shaped like seashells, or little flowers. It's not that it has a /soapy/ smell, as such, because those don't smell like soap either.

It's light, clean-aquatic, and floral beyond -words-. And yes, it's pretty strong, the throw is insanely powerful.

I'd like it... except it reminds me of an old lady's bathroom.

It's probably just me. :P

I got a very definite light floral top note and an artificial "grape" as the bottom note; they never exactly mellowed nor morphed on my skin. Mainly, it tickled my nose.

Since I was interested in trying this more for how it smelled than whether it might bring me good luck or alleviate depression and instead, it tickles my nose, I won't be buying a big bottle. But, I'm going to keep the imp just in case I think I may want some good luck--like when I have jury duty next month!

In the bottle: Fruity sweetness.

On my skin: Ah, there's some sort of rose in this, as this turned from the same fruity sweetness I smelled in the bottle directly, without passing Go or collecting $200, into soap. Too bad! :|

This is a very sharp astringent floral on me. I made the mistake of over-applying it and I was smothering in the scent for the first half hour or so. It's still a bit overpowering, but I imagine it will fade a bit more in time.

This is the perfect time of year for me to try out the voodoo qualities. I'm an accountant and this is tax season, so my job is stressful and exhausting. Plus, it's winter in Michigan and, even though we are having a relatively mild and snow-free season so far, it's grey and overcast almost every single day. Life without sunshine has been bringing me down.

I haven't felt the uplifting, depression-relieving qualities yet, and I'm not sure about the good luck. But I'll report back on that later if / when anything happens.

In the vial all I could smell was a light and sweet floral.

Wearing it, I started to smell a slight warmth, and a lot of "high-pitched" florals like lilies. Not sure exactly what they are but the closest I can tell is lilies. I also get a ginger-fruit type of scent in the background but it melds well and hides behind the flowers.

Since this is such a light and sweet scent I found it very bouyant to my mood. I'd say that it succeeded in "lifting spirits". A good one! I'll keep some on hand.

Newly on – ohhhh, rose, rose, rose! Just lovely. This is what I expected Two, Five and Seven to smell like, and it didn’t. Taking very deep breaths right now…

Definitely seems to improve my mood. Doesn’t banish cares, but does seem to help me be more clear and less emotional about discussing them and looking for answers. With Has No Hanna on my wrists and a little Black Cat in my cleavage, I feel as if I am ready for anything.

This lasted all day. Even when I couldn’t smell it on my wrists any more, I kept getting that gorgeous rose throw. Mmmm….. It was a good day

:P

Edited by celtimor

What a nice scent!

In the bottle, I get a slightly peachy-apricot-y scent. Not to sweet or overpowering.

On, the scent has basically stayed the same all day - at most, it has gotten a tiny bit powdery since I put it on 12 hours ago. Great staying power.

I will definitely note that since I wore this scent today, I was in a far better mood than I've been in (at work) in a long time. My cat and dog like the smell of it, too - the cat, who is stand-offish sometimes, spent a good 5 minutes going over the smell of my right hand and wrist and arm.

I bought a big bottle of this on a whim and I'm glad I did - a very happy, clean, not too fruit-laden scent!

This scent is slightly intimidating for me for personal reasons.

Out of the vial it was flowery with a greenish background.

On it's a strong, sweet floral with a twinge of bitterness. I'm not fond of flowers so I'm no good at identifying them but this is very, very familiar. Rose and jasmine? Or is it jasmine and ylang ylang?

Dry it's the same astringent flowers over bitter herbs. As for the intimidating bit: this scent reminds me strongly of my maternal grandmother. She was a stern, formidable woman, so there are no cuddly associations here. In terms of the voodoo effects I really can't say having only worn it once, but my Grandmother's response to low spirits would be chastisement, not comfort. In her opinion the solution to any problem was to *go do something* so I'm going to quit sniffing and thinking and get moving. :P

On me, this is nothing but roses. Personally, I dislike the scent of roses, so I'm not sure if this will be a keeper for me or not. I'll update later if this does anything for my luck today. :P

In Bottle: Tart floral

On Skin: I smell an acidic floral, quite tart and sour. Rose or jasmine maybe? I’m leaning more towards rose. Something golden as well… maybe ginger, myrrh or amber? It seems like a warm scent but with a sharp edge. I get a little of a herbal note. Someone mentioned weeds above and I have to agree. It smells like dried weeds and grass! All in all, it’s not a scent that pleases me… it just doesn’t work with my chemistry. It keeps getting even more sour and pungent. Too bad because it’s intended purposes above sound wonderful. Maybe I can try it once more and see if it works like it’s supposed to.