Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
karihan

Green Party

Gift with purchase of the forum-only Election 2008 scents. No description available.

(Oh wow, first up? This is my first time starting a review post, so I hope I've got this in the right place!)

Those who purchased the Election 2008 scents (Tabella and E Pluribus Unum) also received a frimp of a scent representing one of the parties of the Presidential candidates, one for each bottle bought. I bought a bottle of each, and Green Party was one of my frimps.

In the imp: Very planty and mossy. It certainly smells green!

On wet: At first the mossy scent amps (not unusual on my skin), making the blend smell almost dusty. It mellows during the drydown, though.

Dry: This opens up into a very lush, almost jungly scent. Very leafy and verdant. I think I can pick up some subtle woods and hints of flowers rounding things out, but this is mostly foliage on me.

Overall: Very appropriate scent for the Green Party, and any fan of lush, fresh greenery scents will adore this. It isn't really me, but I'm glad I got a chance to try it. Thanks Beth and Labbies! :P

Oh, this one is gooood...

In the imp: very green and sweet like new, wet hay.

Wet: Still sweet grass, some floral creeps in, something like lillies or dandelion.

Dry: This is lovely, sweet, floral, grassy with woods. Really, very nice. Delicate and beautiful.

I may need to seek this one out, hunt it down and get it all for myself!

I was hoping to get this one! It is green, but not bright sunny green. It's a dark, wet, wild green. Grassy, mossy and a little cucumbery, with what I think is a dash of ivy darkening it, and a mishmash of green leaves. Jungly is an appropriate description. There's some sweeter floral lurking in the background on drydown, but I can't tell what it is. It's actually a little cold and intimidating for me on its own, but I can't wait to try layering it with an earthy scent like Graveyard Dirt or Badger.

I was delighted to find this surprise when I tore into the box containing my order of the Election Scents!

In the vial: bright and green leafy foliage.

On skin: this reminds me of The University of Richmond (VA) in the late spring. I used to walk my dog there and the scent of the trees, shrubs and flowers around the pond was heavenly.

Dry: The scent stays true and close to the skin.

Green Party FTW!

imp: very green. hard to put my finger on what this scent is, it's very familiar though.

wet: this reminds me of cucumber and ferns. very dark and damp and green.

dry: faintly grassy/cucumbery with a soft, damp feel. i really love this scent.

In the imp, I got a dash of honeydew melon, fading into cucumber,, and once applied it went more cucumber and herbal. Very green, indeed!

I didn't expect to like this one.

Green usually means bad, heavy, dark, snake-y, or overly grassy. Meh.

But this one, this one starts off a little grassy, yes, but it's very fresh, and a little dandelion-y. It settles down into something almost soapy, but not quite, just very fresh-smelling with a hint of grass.

It's lovely. Too bad I only have the one imp (and it's not a horribly full imp, either). I won't wear this again anytime soon, but in spring and summer, it'll definitely go into the rotation, for as long as the little impie lasts.

This is the lovely and sophisticated green in Orpheus combined with the lush dandelion meadow of Garden Path With Chickens. With maybe a dash of the bright juiciness in Green Phoenix. I'm feeling lazy today so comparisons are all I've got. My apologies to the new folks :P

Needless to say, if you like Green you'll love this.

Green with a slight hint of fruit and something minty :P....it has no pine which is lovely and it is cooling somehow to my nose. I love it and will happily keep my imp!

Musty/mossy cucumber-melon-grass-greeeeeen. Very appropriate to the name and ideals, not at all good on me. I'm happy to have gotten to try it, though. :P

Hooo boy. This one is GREEN. It reminds me of spring time... not the kind of spring you get here in California, which is a casual, moseying spring... a spring you KNEW was going to show up. No, this is an east coast spring. A rich, wet, warm spring that comes as a surprise, suddenly rearing up in your face just when you thought it'd be sleet and slush forever.

As a concept, I think it's gorgeous. It's the perfect embodiment of green, and thus appropriate for the Green Party. For wearing? I think it's a little too intense for me. Still... I fear this is one of those scents I'll keep to sniff now and again simply because it's so different from the rest of my collection, and so utterly and totally evocative.

Wet: super-fake cucumber lotion

On skin: zucchini! or a more rustic cucumber

Half-hour later: cucumber salad with lawn clippings vinaigrette

In conclusion: this is a sour side of green, with a vinegar edge (could it be the corrupting power of the political process?). Fun concept though!

Wow...fennel, fern, very herbally green. A dash of cucumber and a bit of grassy wet moss. A garden under an open window. Wonderfully close to the skin. It will be wonderful in a scent locket!!

:P

I'm not a green scent person, but this is fantastic. It's like an edible sweet grass or clover of some sort, with cucumbery-melon (but not in the B&BW way) somewhere in there. It's fantastic. If I hadn't split the order with a friend, I'd hoard it, but Democrat fared better on my skin than on my friend's and this one absolutely smelled made for her. It's fantastic, though; if you get a chance, get some.

In the vial: Strongly cucumber, but very pleasantly so, with a greenish and bright floral undertone.

Wet: Much more herbal now. I don't recognize it, though -- maybe lettuce? Still cucumber and floral, but there's a richness about it now.

Half an hour: I really like this. It's got the sweet warm richness of a floral, the verdant freshness of cucumber (particularly the peel, I definitely smell the peel), and something else kind of grassy.

One hour: It's gone kind of aquatic now, and it reminds me a bit of a product my daughter uses. It also reminds me of something herbal I used to use, maybe a shampoo? Not sure. It smells very clean, sweet but not at all cloying, crisp, delightful.

Two and a half hours: Clear, aquatic, and still with this delightful invigorating cucumber scent. I wish I could figure out what that other, more floral note is. I quite like this.

Four hours: Got some staying power, this one. Not much change in the last two hours, although it's getting fainter. It's not my style at all, but I like it a lot.

Woo! Yeah, that's green! The rind of an underripe honeydew, English cucumbers & fresh-mown grass... a dot of clover, maybe? Quite lovely - a kitchen hand soap in this scent would be absolutely divine... it rather reminds me of a Williams-Sonoma set I had years ago.

This smells a lot like Gap Grass to me! It green, fresh and clean without being soapy or having a huge clover element to it.

I mostly get aloe, cucumber, lettuce and green grasses. Very yummy and watery. It smells juicy!

Edited by Rheliwen

straight sniff from imp is green leaves glistening with dew on a misty morning right before the sun comes up...

once applied moss and green grass, very soft, subdued and beautiful...

First impression: Green! Very green indeed!

Wet on my skin and in the imp this is pretty much the same: cucumbery greenness. It smells like a salad without the salad dressing. It's really fresh and crisp smelling, with a hint of something deeper. And it has some serious throw on me! I don't normally wear straight-up green scents (I do sometimes wear green florals), so I wasn't really expecting that. I wonder how this compares to Squiriting Cucumber?

Unfortunately I don't think I can do this justice, other than to say YAY GREEN! In the extreme drydown, I do get a hint of something a little floral-sweet - but then, that's what my chemistry does to pretty much anything. Unless it's foody, and then it's vanilla-sweet.

I was excited to get this gift imp because, hey, Green Party! But I didn't really expect to like the scent at all, since green is usually not my thing in perfume. (I think especially in commercial perfumes, since commercial 'green' perfumes smell super fake.) I do really, really like this though! I think I will have to keep it on hand for those days when I want to smell fresh and growing and green. This is quite lovely.

This is a nice, fresh, green, crisp, watery scent on me. It's like juicy cucumbers, fresh grass clippings, and perhaps some lettuce and bits of soft moss thrown into the mix. An odd salad, but it smells good. It's not a sharp, grassy smell on me, but a soft, dewy sort of smell. It's not very me, but my boy likes it, so I think I'll pass the imp along to him.

Green! Greengreengreen! A very dark, soft, slightly sweet green, kind of ivy-like. It isn't artificial, but this is definitely a "green-scented bath products" scent rather than a "I have just squished grass on my wrist" scent. It's not the sort of thing I'd really wear often, but it will be delicious in bath stuff.

Oh god, this is green. Green grass, moss and cucumber. It's light and fresh, and smells utterly clean.

Yeah, I don't exactly know what to do with this... I kinda like it and kinda wish I didn't. Since its so rare. But yeah.... GREEN love. Which just seems appropriate. Really.

ETA: Now that I've have had it for a while, I def. smell a hint of melon (which may or may not be lettuce) at the beginning and clover. On the drydown it shares a lot of similarities with Host of Air. Which is totally okay with me. ;)

Edited by zankoku_zen

Imp: Fresh and very green and sweet. Cutting into a fresh cucumber with a bit of melon for the sweet I think.

Wet: There is less sweet and more green. I'm getting some fresh mown grass with the cucumber.

Dry: Something a little muskier develops. Maybe moss, maybe melon rinds.

Overall: Very vegetable. I wish it would have been available as 5mls. This will be perfect in warm weather.

Imp-> Very, very nice and extremely familiar, but I can't for the life of me put a name with what I'm getting. Almost like a leafy vegetable...

Wet-> Cucumber! That's something I'm getting! It seems like it's losing it's sweetness every second it's on my skin.

After a while-> It's a cool, fresh, vegetable and fruit salad. That's what I get. Very interesting indeed!

In bottle: I’d guess cucumber. This is a very like green scent, as fits the concept. Wet: I can almost smell the seeds in the cucumber. I suspect some melon and/or oakmoss. Possibly ivy. It’s really growing ion me. (heh.) Dry: fades into something soft and pale green. Not long lasting, alas.