Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Wood and a bit of men's cologne--and the cologne gets more prominent as time passes. There's eventually musk, as well, and unfortunately it's the kind of musk that ends up smelling a bit rank. It's also faintly aquatic, without any of the flowers others noted. Overall, though, it's a nice wood and polish sort of scent, dignified and masculine.

Urg. I don't like this. A strong fougère scent, with maybe some pine and juniper.

I was hoping for something with a bit more wood, but this smoky/green/aquatic is very nice!

I get primarily kind of a masculine cucumber/melon sort of green, very wet smelling. That mingles beautifully with what I think might be some tobacco just underneath and some hints of some dark woods. There's some kind of citrus in here, but not the lemon I generally amp... perhaps some lime rind?

Overall, it's very toad-y. It's a nice sophisticated green aquatic, and just gorgeously blended together. I want more!

ETA: This dries down to a wood and musk kind of similar to Aziraphale, and sort of reminds me of old books. <3 I wish this stage was a little more unique, but I still really like this.

Edited by raisin

I have a weird obsession with The Wind In The Willows, so when Puddin' put this up on ebay, I had to grab it. Sadly, I like it better in theory. It's aquatic and kind of piney. It's very men's-cologney. I think it's actually pretty close to what I had in my mind, I just don't like it on me.

This is just the kind of thing I like: Clean but masculine, or at least unisex. The aquatic note is really up front and bright, and as that starts to fade, more of the wood starts to come up. (See what I did there?) The aquatic never totally fades, and by the end of it, it's about half and half. It's not a swampy type, either, it's really fresh, almost wandering over into like a laundry line breeze type of fresh. They really did a perfect job making Toad Hall and his wild ride into a scent.

I took a random chance on this when it came up on ebay. Aquatics and me are not friends but... I loved Wind in the Willows and don't live anywhere NEAR Anaheim soooo...eh, why not.

Thankfully, I escape any hint of 'lemon pledge' in this at all. It -is- aquatic, but either because it has different components than BPAL's other aquatic blends, or there's enough other stuff in there to kill it, it escapes turning into soap. It -is- rather 'wet' smelling, as one might expect from the waterfront manor of Mr. Toad, with the aforementioned golden wood notes taking the edge off it. If I had to pick a word to describe it, it would be 'dapper'. This is very definitely a 'dapper' scent.

I don't feel that it's overly masculine though. It's too light and airy, and very much too damp to be masculine in my mind. And, oddly enough, I don't hate it (like I usually do with aquatics). I'm just not sure how -me- it is. It's one of those conundrum blends where you kind of like it and all but don't find yourself reaching for it much. Maybe it just requires a Toadier sort of day.