• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Mood:sleepy
  • SotD:Yule Buddies!!!!!
  • Nothing Selected
  • Sagittarius
  • United States

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:41 AM

I have recently added a man thing into my life that has a major nut allergy. He loves scents and I really want to explore smells between us, but I don't want to kill him. Does anyone have any notes I should for sure avoid besides the obvious ones?

Edited by russetfox, 03 February 2017 - 01:25 AM.

#1052 lizabelle

lizabelle

evil enabler

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Mood:sleepy but scented
  • Rooster
  • Cancer
  • United States

Posted 03 February 2017 - 07:28 PM

I have recently added a man thing into my life that has a major nut allergy. He loves scents and I really want to explore smells between us, but I don't want to kill him. Does anyone have any notes I should for sure avoid besides the obvious ones?

I don't have a huge amount of personal experience with this (we had one nut allergy scare with me when I was little, but it was a false alarm), but I did a little research and some people with nut allergies have trouble with coconut, shea, and pink pepper (related to cashew) too. For the most part, though, it's just common sense. See this site for a good list.

You might want to talk to him about what he does with his diet and see if there's anything else that he specifically avoids.

#1053 tau

tau

sexy swapper

• Members
  • 748 posts
  • Mood:Permatired
  • SotD:Spanked Resurrected
  • Monkey
  • Aries
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:00 AM

Russetfox, I hear you - my wife has a peanut allergy, and though no bpal has ever set it off, sometimes the smell of a nutty note will make her feel sick & freaked out by association. :s

The whole "unlisted notes" thing makes me really anxious from time, largely because of that - but also recently I saw that the Yule mashed potato scent is garlicky. I'm allergic to garlic, but it's not something I'd ever expected to find in a perfume, even bpal!

#1054 russetfox

russetfox

a little too imp-ulsive

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Mood:sleepy
  • SotD:Yule Buddies!!!!!
  • Nothing Selected
  • Sagittarius
  • United States

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:19 AM

Thanks everybody, it was pretty much what I was thinking, just gonna start scouring my oils and make sure I don't wear any potentials around him :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users