Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ravenfeathers

The Gladdener of All Hearts

Honeyed milk, baby powder, lavender, orris root, sage, carnation, angelica, frankincense, and rose otto.

This reminds me a lot of Alice, but even more innocent-smelling. I can definitely smell all of the notes, especially the honey and orris. I like this a lot! Very comforting!

Peppery, milky baby powder. I'm getting none of the other notes at all and the BF doesn't like the way this smells on me.

It was worth a try, but I think this one is going into the sale box. :(

On: Lots of lavender, with a bit of the honeyed milk (yum) and baby powder. Very pretty.
1 hour in: This is turning to a baby powder/wood scent on me.
2 hours in: Just an odd wood scent.
5 hours in: A powdery, sweet scent.
Overall: It's funny how an oil can develop on someone's skin. I don't know where the wood scent was coming from, but it seemed to be that way for a while on me. I wonder if the frankincense or sage were just going funky on me. If it stayed more of a sweet, powdery scent, it would be more "me", but alas...

This is baby scent taken to the highest idealized level, the perfect encapsulation of a mother’s love for her precious baby. Baby powder is the strongest note, followed by soothing lavender and gently spicy carnation. Think of a baby’s sweet skin, fresh out of the bath and lightly dusted with baby powder. Ahh, you just want to keep breathing it in!

In the bottle: it's smells spicy to me which I wasn't expecting.Wet: it first starts to smell a bit like sour milk but it quickly starts to soften and the powdery rose and hint of lavender come through.Dry: it continues to get a sweet and powdery smell that I really like. I also smell rose. It has some throw to it and it has staying power. I put it on before bed and could still smell it in the morning. I'm glad I bought the bottle. It's a keeper.

in the bottle: smells a bit like baby oil, good old Johnson and Johnson brand baby oil

wet on skin: baby powder mixed with a sweet, slightly vanilla note, recalls to mind Valentine heart candies, powdery, sweet (probably a mix of carnation note, angelica and powder accord)

drying phase: lavender with a honey note, mostly sweet baby smell with creamy honey and a lavender note that blends in with the carnation, which on me smells almost citrus like, rather than spicy as it usually does but this could also be the orris, it sometimes smells a bit citrus like with my skin chemistry. Orris is one of my favorite notes on a dry down and this is no exception, it carries the baby powder vibe very well

very light throw and lasted about 4-5 hours

sage never made an appearance for me ;( and the rose never amped, thank goodness

this was a very lovely smell, bottle worthy but it would need better throw to be HG status for me, still I will treasure the bottle and save it for days when I want a soft, sweet, comforting skin scent

Edited by sprout

This scent was mostly powder on me. It wasn't baby powder but just powder. I think the orris and and rose are making it too powdery. I actually wouldn't have minded a baby powder scent. That sweet happy baby scent but this wasn't that. I was actually hoping for more of the honeyed milk too and I never really get that either. So sad. :(

It had ok throw but didn't last very long. Maybe an hour.

I vaguely recall not liking this a whole lot when I first got the decant, but of course that was years ago, now.

When I got it out of my "try again" BPAL box today, I put it on and got a huge blast of blue-smelling lavender. I thought, "Oh. That must have been what I didn't like." Used to hate lavender. I like it now, strangely. But now, this perfume doesn't really smell like lavender anymore. It did for about 20 seconds, and then it turned into a sweet milky soft scent... almost chalky. Like baby aspirin other reviewers mentioned, but a lot softer and prettier.

Normally, I do not age floral or herby scents. Resins, sure. Woods, yes. Florals? No. However... this one seems to have improved. Interesting.

Wet: Soft powdery honey skin musk with herbal notes swirling around. Interesting. It's very light. I love that honey musk note, but something in there is bitter and peppery and making me wrinkle my nose. And it's taking over. :(

Dry: I don't love this, but I don't hate it. Kinda "meh" about it. The honey musk is utterly lovely. But there's something else not great in there. Needs a full day wear.