Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

PUMPKIN I
Pumpkin with mango, persimmon, coconut, and myrrh.

I imagine this is a bit different than pumpkin one from last year that had pear, white wine grapes and jasmine laced tea notes.

With as much as I liked this years pumpkins so far, I should probably track some of that down too, if I can.

Anyhow, on with the review.

In the bottle(and I love the bottles!), pumpkin and myrrh.

Wet on me, I can smell the persimmons and mango...and then the coconut. Then it all blends into a lovely sweet spicy scent as the myrrh warms on my skin and does its usual magic. It isn't *quite* foody on me, possibly because as much as I like the scent of myrrh it never smells edible to me. I like this very much.

The scent lasts a really long time on my skin, and the throw is moderate to strong.

bottle: wow. pumpkin, persimmon, mango, coconut & myrrh. i can smell them all.

wet: this is very pumpkin and coconutty when applied. though the background is a very fruity scent.

dry: this dries more myrrh and light pumpkin. what a morph. very pleased with this pumpkin.

I'm begining to wonder if I got a mislabeled decant. Why? Because this smelled exactly like maple sryup on me. No fewer than three people asked if there were pancakes about when I tested this. I can understand getting a buttery feel from the pumpkin... but I have no idea how "pancakes" emerged from the other ingredients.

I love all the listed notes in here, save pumpkin, which I had never tried before. Unfortunately this turned out to be very foody on me, and I am not really a foody girl.

I have no idea... hopefully someone else will smell like breakfast and I can feel less crazy!

Definitely goes on mango! It's really bright and fruity, tropical edged pumpkin. The myrhh comes out and warms this up a bit but the coconut pulls a no show and never really comes out on my skin at all.

The end result is a pumpkin scent that is a little tropical and fun, though the pumpkin is pretty faint in this one.

This is the pumpkin that appealed to me the most, as I love all of the notes in it...so I was very eager to try it.

Wet: Pure pumpkin. buttery and yummy.

Drydown: the myrrh pops out and then somehow...maple syrup? Not complaining though, I love the smell of syrup.

Dry: After about 20 minutes the rest of the notes come out to play, and the end result is a smooth, syrupy yet not overly sweet scent with pumpkin and coconut dominating. I can still pick out the other notes. This is definitely going to be a big bottle purchase for me. :P

Hmm...seems like this one is different on everyone!

It's not very foody on me, but I've gotten a very positive response from everyone who has smelled it! It's warm, creamy, rich, and buttery, with just a touch of the pumpkin. I think I LOVE pumpkin!

straight sniff from imp is super spicy coconut and pumpkin!!

once applied this is just gorgeous!!!

the persimmon and mango are an added treat...there is a smooth spiciness

that is amazing...this is my fav from the patch this year!!! hoooray!!!!

yummy fall goodness and i need a big bottle!!!

Oh. My.

This is simply lovely and I am so glad I could scoop up an imp, because I need a gallon! So many of the other pumpkin blends lose their pumpkin-y goodness after a while, but here the pumpkin lingers. Add in the coconut, strong and freshly cracked, with a whiff of bright mango and a soft base of heady myrrh, and this is Dee Lish Us. :D Who would've thought a *tropical pumpkin* would be so very amazing.

I think Mom needs a bottle, too. :D

Edited a few hours later to add: Okay, I see how this might smell maple-y to some people... but only because at the library today, the woman helping me at the reference desk said "*sniff sniff* Do you smell pancakes?" Yeah, I was the only one around and all I smelled was my Pumpkin I. :P I slunk away shortly afterward.

Edited by Leopard403

I also get the maple syrup and coconut note with very little pumpkin. Not as sweet as Red Lantern on me, but I think the maple note might get to me after awhile.

At first I wasn't sure what to think of this one ... the myrrh seemed to take over and I couldn't detect any of the other notes ...

A few hours later and I smell just like pancakes! Pancakes slathered in real maple syrup. It's giving me cravings! And this is where the fragrance settles in for the duration.

The throw isn't very strong, and the maple isn't overwhelming ... but it definitely smells like delicious syrupy pancakes.

Yum.

Edited by diachrony

The pumpkin and coconut are most definitely the forerunners in this blend. I found it very likeable and interesting without bordering into "weird" territory. Like warm, fruity pumpkin bars with toasted coconut on top. The mango lends itself to sweetening up the pumpkin and making everything a bit fruity, while the persimmon adds just a teensy bit of tartness that I could sometimes catch a whiff of. Very warm and yummy. Probably my favorite of the Patch, though Pumpkin II is fighting tooth and nail for the spot.

Whoa. This is potent. I blame the myrrh, which stays at the forefront of the blend for about an hour, and then finally wears off. Pumpkin I is a lot more perfumey than I was anticipating. I certainly don't mind that, but I guess I was expecting something more homey and laid back. The coconut is hiding, which makes me really sad, since I love it so much. The pumpkin note smells like the pumpkin guts you get when you're carving one, so it's not as buttery as I was anticipating. Honestly, I don't think this review will be very helpful, since the blend itself mystifies me, but I'm really interested in seeing how this ages.

3.5/5

This is a very interesting blend, and my favorite of the 2008 Pumpkin Patch. The description does not include cinnamon, but when I first smell this, I smell pumpkin and cinnamon. Perhaps it's the persimmon.

Wet: warm cinnamon and pumpkin

Dry: Mango becomes more evident, after about an hour, the pumpkin note takes over again.

Verdict: Rich, lovely, amazing throw. This is a more feminine than masculine scent. Overall, a good pumpkin blend.

Oh man... take out the pumpkin & we'd have something here. The Lab's pumpkin tends to go super buttery & cloying on me, and is drowning out a gorgeous mango & myrrh combination. It's hiding there, fruity & rich & spicy, but then someone comes along & plunks down a tall stack of pancakes :P The faux maple burns off eventually, but by then, the freshness of the mango's faded, leaving a non-descript candle-shop-spice scent. Phooey.

(copied from my blog)

On my skin this start out a bit too pumpkin-y for my taste and I'm not really able to pick out the other notes, just a vague... citrus? feel. As it dries it starts to smell like the Yankee Candle store.

In my locket...it's a tropical pumpkin. I do like it better in my locket and this might actually be a pumpkin scent I can wear.

ETA: Ok, I was wrong. This is turning my stomach. Oh well. I think Pumpkin III is working for me, so I guess I have one Pumpkin scent I can wear.

wet: I can definitely pick out the fruit, and the coconut is coming to the front too. pumpkin is in the background.

dry: a lot of citrus, with foody coconut to back it up. Something about this doesn't sit well with me. The citrus (persimmon? or mango?) is too sharp.

Oh my... This is a Yankee candle. I can't figure out which one, maybe Pumpkin Spice? It would make sense anyways.

The local shop that sells Yankee candles was all I could think of when wearing this.

It's a warm, spicy pumpkin. I didn't small any of the coconut, which I was disappointed with but it's still a nice scent. I don't know about Halloween but I think I will want to wear this one come Thanksgiving.

First Sniff: Pumpkin Spice with a dallop of mango.

On Skin: The pumpkin in this blend reminds me of Jack. Not so much a "wham" in your face pumpkin, but the spice and butter I associate with Jack. Mango combines really well with pumpkin, softening it, and persimmon and coconut give it a certain depth that makes this possibly my favorite pumpkin this year.

Final thoughts: I really enjoy how the coconut is the last note I can smell from this blend. A tropical vibe that screams fall. How ironic.

I can definitely smell the coconut, pumpkin, and mango in this. The mango note is particularly pretty, especially wet on the skin. Over all though, this scent is a little too cloying for me. I normally like sweet scents, so I'm not sure what the problem is...maybe the way the pumpkin mixes with the other notes. Glad to have an imp, but don't need a bottle.

I put this on right before eating dinner and my husband really really hated it. He didn't even want to eat in the same room as me.

(He is kinda sensitive about other smells while he is eating).

Anyway, I don't think he will let me keep it.

To me, it is a bit bizarre, kindof like a red musk mixed with pumpkin.

ETA: this really burns on the skin, especially neck area. I have to wipe it off my neck, but on my arms it is okay.

In the bottle it reminds me of pumpkin and graham crackers.

Edited by Megank4

I have never before tried a Pumpkin Patch scent because I didn’t think pumpkin would make nice perfume. Oh, I was so wrong

In the vial: buttery smooth with coconut.

On skin:: This is gorgeous, especially if you like foody scents.. It’s still mainly a rich, buttery scent with a hint of coconut. I’m not getting the other fruits, but still: YUM.

Later drydown: The myrrh starts to come out, making this slightly less foody, but still delicious and gorgeous.

Staying power is excellent with just the right amount of throw. Rating 5/5.

ETA: This does indeed turn into a maple syrup scent very late in drydown, but that's not at all offputting...in fact, I think I like it even more now.

Edited by lilirose

I'm not sure exactly which scents I'm getting out of the imp. There's the warmth and butter of the pumpkin, but there's fruit, too. It's interesting, but not quite as appealing as some of the others.

Wet on the skin, I think I'm getting pumpkin but only faintly. What I'm *sure* I'm getting is coconut. It's *really* strong and dusty-smelling, which is what almost all of the lab's coconut except Obatala do to me. Which is funny because the pumpkin that has coconut in it is less appealing than the others that just smell like coconut. Eventually the myrrh pops out and spices things up, which takes away a little of the dustiness.

As it dries, the pumpkin *finally* shows up and mixes with the myrrh, which ultimately makes this smell like pumpkin pie baking in an oven somewhere. This is worth keeping the imp and probably retesting before the 'weenies come down, but I don't know that it merits a big bottle.

I get cinnamon with a hint of coconut milk, but very pleasant and lasts a long time. I tried it on before I went to sleep and it was still recognizably there when I woke up. Someone mentioned Pumpkin Spice previously and that's probably where the cinnamon is from. Again, I'm not knowledgeable about smells, so take my review with a grain of salt.

Wet this is all pumpkin and myrrh. As it dries, the pumpkin fades, leaving me with mostly myrrh with a kind of dry pumpkin edge. It's not bad, but I don't love it either.

In the bottle, it was coconutty, almost tropical.

On my skin? Well...Did anyone ever see the movie Cabin Fever? If not, please watch this video, as this is what Pumpkin I did on me.