Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Delirium1009

Sticky Pillowcase

Terminal sugar rush. A little goblin's candy bag, upended.
Smushed candy corn, rock candy dust, marshmallow gunk, strawberry goo, spun blue sugar, globs of salt water taffy, and lint.

This is soooooo sweet. There's mostly strawberry in the bottle. On me, it gets more of the sugar notes, with a bit of the marshmallow and a teeny bit of an aquatic note which I'm assuming is the salt-water taffy. And as it's drying more, I'm getting the smell of the pillowcase. It's really like sticking your head in your Halloween pillowcase and taking a big huff!

Sticky Pillowcase

On: Holy crap. A bowl full of every sort of halloween candy.

1 hour in: Definitely candy corn and tart salt water taffy. So sweet.

3 hours in: Dusty candy.

5 hours in: Totally candy corn and taffy. This is still relatively strong, but not overpowering.

Overall. I'm not a huge foodie person, especially the not-tart and not-powdery candy scents, so this isn't really for me.

Edited by grrrlennyl

Electric-pink tangy sugar rush! My brain just woke up when I sniffed from the bottle. This phase is very similar to Rosy Maple. The marshmallow comes out once it's on my skin, but a strange aquatic note peeks out too. I'm guessing the "pillowcase" note is giving this a bit of a dryer-sheets smell which is throwing the candy awesomeness off. I love Beth's concepts but who would throw a bunch of yummy candy into a freshly washed, fabric-softener coated pillowcase? Ugh. :cry2:

I had been lusting after a bottle for ages now and someone awesome swapped me one. At first I wasn't sure it was going to work. When I first applied it, it mainly smelled like caramel candies and something fruity.

Once it's dry, I can detect every note listed! maybe it's just my imagination, but I can swear that I even smell lint! It does smell like a pillowcase stuffed with all the best types of loot. I feel nostalgic when this is on, it makes me yearn for the days that I could trick-or-treat.

It seems to stick around for a good length of time, so I don't think I'll have to constantly be reapplying. The only way I would swap or sell this would be if it starts to go funny on my skin, and that's happened before...so fingers crossed it keeps working out!

Sticky Pillowcase will give you cavities if you don't watch out! This is sweeter than Sugar Skull and without the brown sugar. I like it, but Sugar Skull is one of my top scents, and this doesn't come close, so a decant of this will suffice. For those who describe and dislike a "burnt sugar" note in Sugar Skull, then this should be great for you.

in bottle: BPAL's "gloopy" sugar scent comes on strong, like waxy, artificially-flavored, super chewy candy. Average throw.

wet: The scent becomes more varied: I can pick up the more authentic sugar of rock candy, but the gloopy fake strawberry still leads. Throw comes and goes.

drydown: The "strawberry goo" remains the dominant note by far, but it's tempered by the "real" sugar. Fairly strong throw.

verdict: Though the scent has it's pleasant points, something about the strawberry goo note sets me on edge.

Definite strawberry goo and spun sugar! A slight hint of marshmallow. It is a rather artificial strawberry on me, which is why it's so candy-like. Reminds me of the candy section of the corner store I used to frequent. I get a slight waxy scent that pops up every once in a while before disappearing again. Lasts for a long time, and by the end I'm left with the spun sugar and a hint of marshmallow. Yum!

Sticky Pillowcase wasn't what I thought it would be! From the bottle it smells like candy but on my skin it turns into a dusty leather sack smell?! Sigh. I feel like someone stole my halloween candy and just left me with the bag... Have to see if it gets any better.  :(

Wet and just on I get lovely caramelly brown sugar with a hint of salt water but as soon as it dries it turns to evil spiced candles. Where's my strawberry? Where's my marshmallow? I was hoping for sweet goodness like Midway but this is just a tooth rotter :cry2:

And so, the bottle of Eliyetres moved to me instead (Swe to Swe, how suiting) Thanks :)

In my childhood, I'd have raspberry-salt liquorice skull-candies and they were always my favourite - wet on, this smells like those.

There is however So much candy in here; that and blueberry-fudge and an ever so slight hint of banana-caramel (I don't think anyone else got this - weird, it Might be the marshamallows mentioned later, mixing With the other smells to create one not truly present. No idea) and soft chewy strawberry and - yes, fluffy, soft marshmallows...well, it is the salty tone that saves this from being too sweet - It stays very close to my skin and I can see it working Really well as a seduction-scent (yeah, I mean that) once you get to a "within personal space"-range of the target.

I may be on the lookout for more of this, even.

ETA because...wow. Just wow. It is now Later - it's still there, still quite skin-close...and smells like little flowers in Pumkpin Princess.

What the heck happened? This is delicious in all stages. SO beautiful. Must hoard. Must have more!

Edited by Asinya

This is indeed a very "blue" scent. Blue raspberry Gushers is what I think of most. After a while I get bits of marshmallow and candy corn. The pillowcase itself is always there, keeping what could be a very very young scent, clean and unique. Surprisingly decent throw, but once its staying power dips its pretty much gone.

Bottle: Blueberry jam, brown sugar, and plastic.

Wet: I'm getting strawberry saltwater taffy (the real stuff, not Laffy Taffy) and soft florals.

Dry: Soft strawberry taffy stays! The smell makes my mouth water and my teeth itch to pull on some taffy. Wonderful!

To my nose: It smells like raspberry soda! Sparkling and fruity - absolutely yummy. Second sniff I smell a soft caramel (like in Agrat).

On: Oh God this is just lovely. Sparkly raspberry soda and bright candies. After it warms up on my skin a little bit of caramel comes out to greet me.

It doesn't morph much on my skin, I get the same raspberry (but it looses the fizz) and after a few hours I think I smell something husky, like a raw hazelnut or an almond, but that stage only lasts for an hour or so before I'm left with something sweet and gooey. It doesn't have a lot of throw, I need to keep my nose close to my skin to even smell it, which I think is nice because some people can't handle other people that smell like sweet candy.

After about three-four hours Sticky Pillowcase is a soft vanilla marshmallow. Geez, I love this!

Edited because I can't spell today ._.

Edited by Missy_killer

This scent was a ton of candy in an old pillowcase for sure.

It starts out like a sugar rush with a little bit of marshmallow in the background. The type of candy is blue lollipops and and fun dip for me. That is all very amazing to me but what throws this scent off for me is the pillowcase. I DO smell cotton/lint and it's kind of of dirty linen or something...maybe not dirty but dusty. That part is not strong at all but it's in the background. The candy notes are really amazing and sweet. Just not a big fan of the lint part. This had low throw and short wear time. A lot of fun though and a perfect scent for Halloween! ;)

I reached into my jar of imps this morning and pulled this one out. I have to admit, I wondered what eight year old Halloween candy would smell like....

Imp: Caramel. Straight up caramel. UGH. I despise caramel.

Wet: Caramel. Candy corn. Yellow candy. All yellow, yellow, yellow. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in my car in traffic smelling like all things caramel. Please, let me get there soon so I can wash my arm!

Drydown: The yellow passed during my commute and now it's strawberry spun sugar, raspberry bubbly soda, all pink, pink, pink with a tiny whisper of fabric softener. Yum!

I never really got any throw from this one. I only put a little on my wrist, so I may try a slather of it when I leave my office just for fun to see how it performs when I put more on. (I'm always hesitant about how much I wear because my boss is very sensitive to smells and won't come into my office if there's noticeable fragrance.)

This is not one I would buy, as I'm not particularly into sugary fragrances, but I'm super glad I pulled it out this morning and got stuck in the car wearing it. I think if I'd been at home, I would have quickly washed my arm and then I would have missed all of the fun pink, bright scents.

In the bottle this smells like strawberry candy, and once on my skin it turns into pure, dark caramel!

It may be a little too simple on my skin, but if you enjoy candy scents, you really must check this out! :D

In the Imp: Sweet Sugar... Like, this would hurt your teeth.
Wet:BLUE Cotton Candy. It's fluffy and light.
After 10 minutes: Still nice Blue Cotton Candy. Blue smells different than pink. I dunno how. It just does.
After 20 minutes: Maybe some Strawberry, but still, mostly blue spun sugar. Holy crap is this blue cotton candy. Like someone smeared it all over the place. I kind of get the linen note from Antique Lace.
After 30 Minutes: The Strawberry starts to come out and say hi, but it's on a cloud of blue spun sugar.
After An Hour: Sweet Blue Cotton Candy.

If you like a singular sweet note, this is it.

I think I like my sweetness more complex. I'm really glad I got to try this though!

In the imp it's mostly sugar, maybe with a touch of fruits in the background.

Wet: It reminds me of those lollipops made out of pure hardened maple syrup. It's a much warmer smell than I expected, but still definitely sweet. It also smells like taffy in the background.

Dry: The other scents suddenly burst forth, making this much more fruity, and almost sour-sweet. It's mostly strawberry and a very blue-candy smell, but it also almost smells like there's grapes in it, maybe the rock candy? There's also something to it that reminds me of dryer sheets and clean clothes.

Overall: I actually quite like it. It manages to be sweet without being too sweet to enjoy. There's a complexity to it beyond just straight up sugar. The only cons to it are that I wish I got more marshmallow in this, and that the 'dryer sheet' scent to it kind of reminds me of, well, just rubbing down with a dryer sheet, or your typical scented candle that tries to smell fruity sweet. If you can get past that or just don't mind smelling like that though, it is quite nice.

Imp: Oh god sickly sweet. Sugariest syrup ever. Thick & heady sugar.

Wet on skin: Yup still thick. Almost butterscotch-y in how thick sweet it is. Caramelized, condensed? Uh, or aged maybe.

Dry: It's like the sugar starts to unwind from each other. It was so heady sweet because it's like every sugar possible wound together. They're still eternally glued together and will never be completely apart. This is so much sugar - but it is NOT the sugar like in candy phoenix or bitches love unicorns. This is thick sugar - like wet cotton candy re-hardened in the bag. It's the goo and the gunk that is making this so so heavy of a blend.

This is the male counterpart to Candy Phoenix. It is dark on the sugar spectrum vs Candy's bright light upper tier. I can grab the upper notes when i sniff this scent that are in candy phoenix/Bitches love unicorns - but it's overwhelmed by the abundance of what's almost a deep caramelized toffee. Swapper for me personally, but a really neat scent.

I also remember this scent- I did test it back in 2008. It doesn't smell like it's changed at ALL.

I got a partial decant of this as a freebie from a lovely BPALer when I bought something else from them. :wub3: Halloween being this week, I decided this was a good time to test it. Sticky Pillowcase starts out with a big blast of sugar note, and then settles down to a one-note but indistinguishable red fruit--I couldn't tell you whether this was strawberry or raspberry or pomegranate or what. It just refuses to identify itself to my nose. I really like the idea, but on my skin it's basically just that one note, and I have more complex blends if I want to do fruity.

Wet: CANDY CANDY CANDY CANDY. SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR. 

Dry: Okay, so while the wet stage is too sweet even for me(a lover of basically all things candy; scent wise and.. mouth wise), the dry-down is really where the blend shines. This smells like sweet, candied red fruits. I know strawberry is in here, but there's something else too. Red currants, maybe? The throw is pretty good, too!

Yum!

Maybe it's because this has been aged over a decade before I got it, but it only smells like sour green apple candy to me with a ton of sugar when it's wet. But dry, it also smells like raspberries too. Super sour and sweet, I love it! I'm a tad disappointed I can't smell other candies that have been brought up in the reviews, but not enough to get rid of my bottle. Would like to see a re-release in a future Weenies update, because this smells so good it's a shame it's limited edition.

Sticky Pillowcase mostly smells like strawberry candy. The strawberry is the strongest note throughout wear, with the other candy backing it and making it super sweet at first, but the candy isn't distinct enough to pick out by type. Then the lint note emerges and becomes more prominent over time, making the strawberry candy and lint notes the dominant notes on me for a while, before it settles into a strawberry scent with some creamy taffy and a hint of lint.

This one is way too strawberry for me, but it was fun to get to try it -- very evocative of its namesake! 

In the bottle: strawberry candy? Specifically those hard candies in the shiny wrapper that is printed to look like a strawberry? But also wet strawberry goo. Full on sugary in your face.

Wet: strawberry cotton candy fresh from the machine. I don't get anything but strawberry. And it's the fake strawberry flavoring version.

Dry down: I think I got the candy corn? I mean, it's hard to be definitive, since it's such an in your face sugar punch. Dry, it seems to have brought out the "blue" but it's still 98% strawberry sugar.

Verdict: This is not for me. I wouldn't wear it at all. Strawberry flavor is fine but not for wearing.