Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Bliss

A shot of pure, self-indulgent euphoria! A scent that is very, very wicked in its own way: the serotonin-slathered scent of pure milk chocolate.

This is practically a single note, because it is indeed milk chocolate. I say that it's practically a single note, because my nose thinks there's just the tiniest bit of caramel in this, too.

It's hard to keep from licking myself while I wear this.

I love, love, love this scent :P Elizabeth included a sample of this in my order and it was love at first sniff. Pure milk chocolate it right, it's pure heaven in a bottle. I'm definitely ordering a big bottle of this =)

Just got this via swap and OMG CHOCOLATEY GOODNESS!

This smells just like the lotion i use, Fudge Moo Moo Chocolate... i am so loving this... milk chocolate, that stays true almost the entire day, had to put a little more on to test it out on the guy. Lets just say he is a huge chocolate fan and i got many smooches on the neck last nite hehe. Definately buying a huge bottle of this, instead of paying so much on lotion, i am gonna scent my own with Bliss!

Ummm, yup, its milk chocolate alright! :P Didn't know I'd enjoy wearing choc-keys, but this works very well!

This sure is chocolate, but it has a grainy note - like the most expensive cocoa you can get, mixed with sugar and cream, instead of a ready-made concoction like a Cadburys Dairy Milk or something like that. I put this on and BLAM! it hits you strong. Since I really don't like chocolate (yeah, I know, I'm in the minority here), this won't be on my list of things to buy but if I liked chocolate it would be really lovely.

The other thing: this has some serious staying power. I put on just a touch on my wrists and it just didn't go away. It even overpowered my dinner, so I went to wash it off. I sat back down and still, all I could smell was this sweet chocolate flavor. It took two serious washings before it seemed to go away. But then 15 minutes later it was back, albeit a bit weaker.

In final: if you like chocolate, I highly recommend this.

What else it there to say? Its chocolate -- milk chocolate to my nose. A very true chocolate scent, and although I love and cannot live without chocolate, I do not like foody-bakery-sweet scents. If you do, I believe you would love this.

Was I the only one to also detect a note of hazelnut? It is really powerful in the vial ... definitely not my style to wear but I could see carrying it around and just taking a whiff when I wanted to satisfy my sweet tooth without the calories!!!

UPDATED JULY 10, 2005: This was one of the first frimps I ever received and I was so unsophisticated in my BPAL-dom that I didn't even try it ... this time I ordered an imp and was frimped with it beforehand so I have two coming (AND AM ABSOLUTELY BUYING A 5 ML WITH MY NEXT ORDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

HOW HOW HOW did I not try this and fall in love with it first time around??? This is absolutely divine ... to me, it is Philosophy Hot Cocoa 3-in-1 in perfume form. I am addicted already ...

A definite 5.

REVISITED AND RE-REVIEWED IN MAY 2013:

Ordered a new imp of this in a recent blockbuster purchase and am making a point to revisit and/or review every (well, ALMOST every) scent in my collection as I prep my swap list AND wish list.

IN THE IMP: Just pure, lovely, sweet chocolate

Dabbed on both wrists and in the crook of one arm.

WET: Just nom nom nom. To me, there is something -- faint, ineffable -- that keeps it from being 100% chocolate but doesn't keep it from being 100% delicious. Maybe hazelnut, which I posited the first time I tried it, except that nuts tend to go wonky on me and this doesn't. Vanilla? Something ... can't quite put my finger on it.

DRYDOWN: So very, very delicious. To me, it smells like a chocolate-flavored Tootsie Pop. How it manages to keep from being TOO sweet is a neat trick and a wonderful accomplishment.

OVERALL: This is a scent I need to add to my big bottle wish list so that I can use it as a layer/blend for other scents. There is no need for a chocolate SN because this practically IS one. And it's a great scent for me right now, since I've been on a liquid diet for the last few days for medical reasons and it helps assuage my hunger!

On a scale of 1-5, definitely a 5.

Edited by JazzieCazzie

Oh Bliss...invoking the memory and smell and sights of Hershey Park. This smells like chocolate...rich sinful milk chocolate with maybe a bit of hazelnut or toffee. This is very good if you're trying to cut down on sweets, smelling this satisfied my craving. Bliss also happens to have serious serious staying power...I put it on around 11am and I only had to reapply at around 6pm so that's a good seven hours or so. This is so getting brought. :P

When I first got my package, my sister and I went through sniffing them all. Bliss smelled like caramel popcorn to me, stinky gym socks to my sister! :P (Well, she doesn't really count, since her idea of a great scent is JLo's Glo.)

In any case, I put off wearing it until today. Wow, this is rich. The first thing that I noticed was that caramel popcorn-type smell. Then it's nothing but chocolate. You must get this if you're a chocoholic!

I'm figuring this would go great with Gluttony for anyone who wants to go around smelling like buttered caramel chocolate popcorn :D

Pure chocolate. Pure, milky, sweet, rich, evil, evil chocolate! I usually don’t enjoy foody scents, but Bliss has changed that. It is the most perfect chocolate scent I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing! It’s like a crushed Hershey’s kiss, or the scent wafting off of your fingers when you’re done with a chocolate frenzy at Godiva. I’m not sure if I would wear this as a perfume, but I have been using it nonstop as a room scent.

I'm sure many will disagree, but I prefer this to Vice.

Oh my goodness - here's why you should try every sample you get. Bliss was included as a freebie in my last order, and since I generally don't like strong chocolate notes, I didn't like it in the vial - it felt like it was trying to jump straight up my nose into my brain. But then I tried it on and what a difference - it is truly pure melted milk chocolate. Plain and simple. Sadly, I'm not a chocolate fan (freak that I am), so I don't know if I'd want to go around smelling like this on a regular basis.

The smell of expensive, cocoa-dusted truffles mmmm. Not milky on me, just very dark, pure cocoa. I am amazed this manages to smell so adult, but it does.

Years ago I went to visit a dear friend and she was baking. It wasn't until I left that I discovered she had baked me a chocolate cake. It was wonderful. This perfume reminds me of that cake, my friend and that memorable day.

This also smells amazing layered with Dana O' Shee, chocolate almonds!!! :P

Yummy Chocolate!! Elizabeth gave this to me as an extra and to me it smells like freshly baked brownies! I don't really smell anything else but sweet warm chocolate........I really love this one!!! I wish I was eating brownies right now! :P

In the bottle - it smelled a bit weird so I put it off.

On me - CHOCOLATE! Chocolate/marshmallow/caramel - oh so good. I had the guy next to me in training sniffing and remarking on how he smelled something "...like brownies or something..."

And then on our dinner break, I watched him go to the vending machine and get chocolate.

So nummy.

I just love how these fragrances smell different on different people's body chemistries!

In the bottle, yes, it is pure, unadulterated chocolate!

On me, the main note that "pops" out is nutty (hazelnut?), followed by chocolate, but is definitely very "foody."

I like it and will probably buy a 5 ml bottle. My six year old daughter absolutely LOVED it.

Edited by Scylla

I just got my order today. I am loving this one. I have been so excited to try this and it is pure chocolate. I will be buying a big bottle of this one!!!

This smells intensely of chocolate wet, but dries a smoky sweet sort of smell on me. I see where other people are getting the caramel note from, but I can't tell for sure if that's what it is. It's absolutely delicious. It's the closest thing there is to the way you'd smell after you went home if you worked in a chocolate factory.

First sniff: Holy WOW. Chocolate almonds is my first thought – there’s definitely something in Bliss that elevates it above Hershey. My enduring visual impression is melted chocolate being drizzled over someone’s bare skin in a very warm candlelit bedroom. It’s amazingly sensual.

Wearing: As Emeril would say, “Oh yeah, baby.” I want to lick myself. Same in the vial as on my skin - just chocolate, chocolate, chocolate.

Wet, this was pure chocolate. I love chocolate, but I am not into "foody" scents. It almost made me queasy. I figured Im gonna swap it right away.

After a whie it seemed to sink in and I could detect something lurking underneath the chocolate, but i can't quite pinpoint what. It was almost smelling like SKIN to me. ???

It has now seemed to permeate my skin and just felt natural to me. Odd. I then recalled that I have had two boyfriends in teh past say that my natural skin smelled like cocoa to them. I think that is why I am getting a "skin" scent and feel comfortable with it. Maybe I DO smell like cocoa and this just intensifies it. lol.

I am going to keep this and experiement with it by layering it with other oils and maybe mixing it into a lotion.

This was one of the nifty samples that Beth tossed in for me. I thought "hey! chocolate! Woo hoo!" as I am a self-proclaimed chocaholic.

However, I also have some strange body chemistry at times.

First sniff: Bottled Hershey's chocolate bar.

Application: Hoo boy was that sweet! Sugary and cocoa like and sort of like I up-ended my can of hot cocoa on my wrists.

I waited about half an hour for it to mellow or alter but it never really mellowed. I still got that kick of cocoa in the nose and then my body chemistry started screwing with it. In the end it went sort of a smokey chocolate on me. There is really no other way to explain that. Not a bad smell, but not one I want to walk around with on a regular basis. I wish it hadn't done wierd things as I would have liked to have used the rest of the imp at least.

Lasting power: Took two scrubbings to get most of it off. Wow.

I'm not quite sure what my skin did to this one but it just didn't work with my chemistry. Off it got scrubbed and I've added it to my swap list for when I'm ready to trade.

First Impression: Chocolate!

Second Impression: Willy Wonka's Chocolate River!

Final Analysis: This is delish, but I don't think it's something I'd wear as a personal fragrance too oft.

Edited to add: I began wearing this before bed to send me into a chocolate induced coma and bring about sweet dreams...it works!

Edited by andrabell

FIRST SNIFF: chocolate cake batter

WEARING IT: chocolate cake batter!

VERDICT: i DO feel decadent, yet cute wearing it. i think it would be a cute scent to wear on a date out with my boyfriend etc

In the imp--mmm--chocolate goodness!

Wet--even better! Hazelnuty, but not sweet.--Reminds me of Nutella!!!

Dry--Definately nutty chocolate, but morphs into almonds rather than hazelnuts still chocolate

Couple hours later--all I smell is almonds.

I tried this right at bedtime thinking I could drift off with cocoa wafting in the sheets. WRONG! This kept me awake! WEIRD!!!