Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Dragon's Eye

A piercing, radiant perfume: dragon's blood resin, lily of the valley, lilac and galbanum.

Soft ruddy DB, nicely complimented by the Lilac, but then completely dashed by the Galbanum which always smells like bad cheap soap on me. Not enough to scare me away from the lovely Dragon line, but Galbanum certainly just has to go.

Wet: Dragon’s blood. It’s fruity and a touch angry.

Drydown: Fresh, happy lilacs over dragon’s blood. I’m not sure I’m sold on the combination, but that’s okay because within a few minutes the lily comes out and subdues any trace of the lilac. This is probably the boldest lily note I’ve come across so far in BPAL. Something about the combination of lily and dragon’s blood makes me think of a mixture of violets and soap. Violets and soap with sharp, spicy red notes simmering just beneath the surface actually. The visual is actually quite appropriate for a dragon’s eye.

Dry: More morphing. The sharper aspects of the last phase have vanished and something soft and creamy has entered the picture. Benzoin or tonka maybe? For a moment it smells like fruity hyacinth and then it takes a turn towards velvety resins. Soft, smooth, and comforting, with whispers of sweet lilacs along the edge. A bit potpourri-ish.

• ITI: The lily of the valley is very strong, almost bordering on the strength of jasmine notes for me, but at least I can smell the gentle purple lilac poking through set against the dragon's blood resin and galbanum. It's a much more floral version of the Ars Draconis when compared to the others I have tested.

Wet: The florals are still dominant on my skin, which makes the scent as a whole take on a Glade, artificial quality on my skin for some reason. In fact, the dragon's blood is really quite subtle, and I think that greater dominance would help the allure of the scent overall.

Dry: after a full 12 hours, the scent is still noticeable - composed of light lilac and a much more well behaved lily with a touch of resin for depth. I enjoy this much, much more dried.

Lilac usually goes funeral parlor on me, but the spicy, resinous quality of this matches the floral so nicely that it's just so lovely. Warm, sweet, and a little sensual.

Gorgeous Lilac mixed with very floral Dragon's Blood and the barest hint of Lily. It's not resiny, or overpowering dragon's blood. The Lilac takes center stage here, and it's really beautiful. Right up until the Lily starts to go soapy on me..

It's honestly gorgeous in the first phase and I wish it wasn't mixed with Lily as I would wear the FUCK out of it.

I absolutely adore this. It's a very close to real lilac and lily of the valley. It's very sweet, spring florals. I don't get much dragon's blood, but I'm kind of okay with that. It's really strong and lasts a good long while. I can see where it would go to soap on some, but it's just pure spring gardens for me. I'm so happy to have this and I think I'll need to hunt down some more.