Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Dragon's Eye

A piercing, radiant perfume: dragon's blood resin, lily of the valley, lilac and galbanum.

Lilac, with just a hint of the lily of the valley, is the predominant scent here. The dragon's blood and galbanum make this more robust, without ever really taking over the scent - they're like the wooden pedestal the bowl of flowers is displayed on.

Absolutely spring, like an armload of sweet, fresh flowers brought in out of the yard, with just a hint of resin from the church next door wafting through the open window.

A strange, but very pleasing scent. The resin of the dragon’s blood is not very pronounced, and while I usually find it to be a sweet scent, the florals in Dragon’s Eye sharpen the perfume. It is very multi-faceted and lovely. The gentlest and most elegant of the Dragon’s Blood mixes that I’ve used but still forceful and sexy.

This is my first experience with Dragon's Blood scents, and I am very favorably impressed. This was a beautiful warm floral scent. Its not an in your face floral or an over the top "hey everyone I'm wearing Perfume!" floral. Its warm, smooth and happens to be floral at its core. I am assuming the Dragon's Blood is what makes it so warm and smooth, I am used to musks or sandalwood providing that sort of note, but the Dragon's Blood does it equally well and adds its own distinct twist. I will say when this was in the vial I thought it was an innocuous light floral, when I applied it I was blasted with the scent but after about 10 minutes it dried down to a delicious scent. I like this and I look forward to trying more imps with Dragon's Blood in them.

Initial Impression:

Smells strongly of lilac. Not much Dragon's Blood is appearing from the bottle. Classically floral.

After Wearing It:

Ah! I've been vigilantly sniffing my wrist for 3 hours and I cannot smell any Dragon's Blood. *pouts*

This scent is STRONGLY floral. The lilac is the most overwhelming note of the bunch, but I can smell the Lily of the Valley wafting in the background. It's a very springtime scent. Like Sunday brunches on mild days, with a gentle breeze carrying the fragrance of the garden blooms to your table.

Final Thoughts:

I'm very picky about my florals and Lilac isn't on my beloved list. The note in general reminds me too much of the generic floral air freshener. Would be a winner for someone who does like Lilacs though.

i think i might slip this to my mom to try - i love it just as it is, and i think once i get something so i can heat oils alone, i'll be buying a BIG bottle of this for that alone.

jj nailed it when she called it absolute spring.

//edited to add: and it seems to stay fairly true to the bottled scent when on me, which is just an extra bonus. this is definitely on my big bottle list!

i'm very happy i spontaneously put this down instead of something else.

I liked this one alot also. I actually wore this a couple days after I wore Dragons Heart. They are very similar, warm and sweet, but Dragon's Eye has the floral component to it...the lilac and lily of the valley. This also lasted long on me. Luv it

I really adore the candy-red colour of all these dragon blends. :P

First sniff: The dragon of Dragon's Eye is bright white, opalescent scales and autumn-sky-blue eyes, curled up in a dangerously beautiful ice cave shimmering with crystals. Sweet-floral, but with teeth.

Wearing: The sweet whiteness of lily of the valley is apparent immediately, a big white cloud of tiny flowerbells. It smells a bit soapy, but I can’t figure out whether it actually smells soapy or if I just associate lily of the valley with soap because it’s my sister’s shower gel. Stayed true all evening, and I can still smell it if I sniff my wrists. Not really me.

Initial sniff: A big lilac tree baking in the sun with lily of the valley underfoot. This is odd as I associate lilacs with cool spring weather and shady corners of the yard, not full-on warmth of the sun. Contradictory or no, there it is.

Wearing: The lilac is most prominant, though I can definitely smell lily of the valley. The dragon's blood warms it up and rounds it out - I think it is actually what makes this scent wearable for me. Mellows only slightly during the day.

Final Impressions: I'm just not sure about this one. It reminds me very much of my mother, and that prevents me from feeling like this scent is MINE while wearing it, if that makes any sense. I did get a compliment from a coworker while wearing this, so it works well with my body chemistry. I'll probably mix the rest of the imp into an unscented lotion base and send it to my mom for mother's day (she doesn't wear perfume of any kind, so just sending the imp would be a waste!).

First Impression: I adore dragon's blood and my nose is fairly sensitive to it. I definitely pick it out first with lillies and lilac bringing up the rear.

Second Impression: The dragon's blood is fleeting, gone not long after the oil has dried on my skin. Sweet lily of the valley and lilac blooming beautfully.

Final Analysis: What's not to love? It's the most girly and innocent of the dragon's blood blends and Beth's lily of the valley note is splendid! :P

FIRST SNIFF: lilac, lily of the valley

WEARING IT: briefly lilacs then lily of the valley takes over. it smells exactly like my dryer sheets! very pretty and innocent. i feel like i could wear this in the hot sun, on a plaid blanket with a picnic spread out before me...

VERDICT: again, it's very pretty - but not a scent i'd normally wear.

Of all the other dragon's blood oils, this one comes closest to Dragon's Milk on me. Much lighter and less resiney than Dragon's Heart, thanks to a hearthy dose of florals.

I get the sweetness and fruitiness of the dragon's blood, with a vibrant, somewhat high-pitched note from the lily of the valley and the lilac.

On my skin, it stays pretty true from application to drydown, with a medium to good staying power (6-7 hours or so).

Predictably enough for this lily of the valley freak, I like this a lot, but I have to say that Dragon's Milk is still my favourite "dragon" scent. This one is a close second, though :P

In the bottle, Dragon's Eye is very floral with a strong lilac smell. I just LOVE lilacs!! :P

On me, the dragon's blood really comes through th most, leaving a very cherry smell with a soft floral undertone which to me is still more lilacs than lilies. The longer I wear it, the more cherry smelling it becomes. Still in the back of the scent there is that floral tinge to it.

Simply beautiful! Very light and feminine and fruity at the same time!

YUM!

Edited by TheDarkMother

Just got this in a swap and like it a lot. The lilac and dragon's blood mix together really well to create a warm but springlike floral, like a sunny garden corner tucked away out of the wind. Makes me think of a lilac-colored baby dragon with big sparkly eyes. And it's not as sweet as Dragon's Milk (good for me since that was too sweet to wear), but I can imagine the Dragon's Eye dragon being fed on Dragon's Milk.

In bottle: I can barely detect the dragon's blood, but the lilac and lily are quite strong.

On me: No dragon's blood at all. The lilac has quickly taken over to become the dominant note. I can still make out the other florals; together they make a good spring bouquet But it's definitely not what I was expecting, and I'm disappointed that the dragon's blood doesn't play a more prominant role.

Dragon's Eye

On first sniff this is warm Dragon's Blood Resin with a hint of a floral peeking through. On the skin the flowers immediately come to the fore but the DBR is still apparent.

I am unaware of how lilacs smell but the floral here is very blue and quite sharp. I do like it but it's turned a bit powdery over time and lacks a little of the warmth and depth that I like to enjoy.

That said, I don't dislike it. Wearing seems to give me a sense of clarity and awareness somehow (quite appropriate for a Dragon's Eye don't you think? :P ) and I will certainly enjoy using the rest of my imp and will probably buy more to use on the days when I need a bit help focusing.

Dragon's Eye

Dragon’s Blood resin and after a while joined by the lily of the valley and lilac. Nice

After a while the lily of the valley and lilac become very strong, overpowering the dragon’s blood.

Lily of the Valley sometimes becomes quite sour and strange on my skin. This was lovely in the early stages, but I then wound up with a smell of wet socks.

I'm relieved it smelt good on the reviewers above, but sadly not for me.

Lilac is the prominent note in Dragon's Eye, which for me is wonderful because I love and adore lilac.

The Dragon's Blood is very warm and luxurious here, giving the lilac sophistication and depth. About half way thru the drydown, I start to get the lilies quite strongly, but there isn't the usual piercing quality to these lilies; they are soft and gentle, sort of 'melting' into the lilac.

This is by far my favorite of all of the Dragons.

Unfortunately too much lilac for me - but a really lovely, purple-y take on lilac for someone that likes that scent.

Very 1950s - would go well with pink cardigan sweaters and circle skirts.

sexy as hell, and that's something I don't say easily. Warm and sweet, comforting.

It's faintly aquatic. I love Lilac a lot but it's not very detectable to my nose.

It's not 'me' enough to buy a 5 ml (as i have too many scent I like more already) but will enjoy the imp till the bottom

Sweet and floral in the bottle.

On me this is, as others have noted, a lot of lilac and lily. There's not much else to this sadly, and while the floral aspect is great I expected a little more dragon's blood out of this. I should know by now that most dragon's blood just goes *poof* on me when it's mixed with other things (the exception being blood rose). Ah well, pretty but off to swaps.

OOh more dragon yumminess! I can't wait to slather this on. I've loved all the other dragon fragrances I've tried so far! I've been doing a lot of meditative work concerning the Dragon's Eye (allowing us to see our true selves), so *crosses fingers*

In the bottle: *sniff* Wait *sniff* Um... *sniff* It's just floral. With a good base, but it's mostly floral. I'm not getting any dragon's blood goodness in the bottle. But that's okay, cause it usually comes out on me anyway.

Wet: Egads, I smell like a bouquet of flowers. This smells like the flowers I had at my communion.

Drying: I still can't catch the dragon's blood note in this. The other flowers are pretty.... for someone else. I'm not much of a lily and lilac kinda gal.

7 Hours Later: Yes, people, this has amazing staying power for me. It's one of the few scents that I don't have to stick my wrist under my nose to catch a wiff of after a few hours. Unfortunately, all I'm smelling is the flowers. I keep thinking an old lady just walked by.

Wow, it's bright red! That's awesome.

I'm mostly smelling only the lilac- not the Dragon's Blood at all. There's another very sweet, high-pitched note, which I guess could be the lily? A slightly sharp floral, but as far as I can smell, still mostly a classical floral.

-Rae

This is damn near all lilac on me! It's got some lily but lilac is way in the lead. I love lilac but I wish the dragon's blood would come out a bit more. It does emerge after drydown but not much before it. Ah, I love it anyway.

In the bottle: It's got that green floral scent I don't like too much. Can't smell any of the sweetness I associate with Dragon's Blood.

Wet: That green floral is still around. My untrained nose can't distinguish too well between lilac and lily of the valley, but it must be one of them, right?

Drydown: This dries into a really lovely warm floral. The stinky green note goes away very quickly, and the overwhelming floral smooths outs into a lush but restrained fragrance. I think the Dragon's Blood adds just a hint of mellowness to the scent and rounds it out.

A big winner for me. :P Plus one to pass to my mom or sister...

I got this from my swap faery (Thank you Lana! :P) along with Darkness and Twilight.

Unfortunately, I think that lilac is a problem note for me. I've tried lilac in other blends by Sage, and unfortunately, it doesn't go well with my chemistry.

I think the Dragon's Blood note might be a problematic note too for that cherry-ish tone it has, and I I'm not too fond of cherries (nor almond, which is a similar note) on my skin, as I've disocvered through Tarot: Ace of Cups.

Dragon's Eye became very loud and soapy in a bad way, the lilac took over almost immediately. it had an undertone that I didn't like as well.

so, unfortunately, this will be up for swaps. I'm sure it will be lovely on the right person.