Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Cordelia

The essence of faith, love and devotion: lilac, lemon, green tea, wisteria, osmanthus, white cedar, and Chinese musk.

Lab frimp. Awww yiss, gimme that cedar. I smell like I'm in a wooded grove somewhere, overhung with a drooping flower canopy. I'm mostly getting woods and flower though, there's nothing really green about this scent. I think the lemon and the green tea really lend an airiness. This is something I might want as the weather warms up.

I really need to reassess what I think I will like. A lovely Lab frimp

In the imp: Crisp green and floral, but no distinct notes. Like walking through a beautiful garden in the spring, just a (gentle) wall of scent coming at you.

On wet: The musk comes out, and I can't quite describe it. It's dark, but somehow very soft on me. I love it. The wisteria and lilac also come out, so pretty yet gloomy. The lemon is faint and just punches up the blend a little.

Dry: The cedar is dry and sharp but not as strong as cedar in other blends I've tried and combines with the musk for a nice base. Lilac, wisteria, and osmanthus are all distinct and beautifully mixing about, with green tea and lemon adding brightness.

Definitely keeping the imp!

Wet: A LOT of cedar. Really green cedar. Which smells remarkably like BO on me? Whew. Not what I was expecting!

Dry: The cedar totally dominates. It's an iffy note on me - ok in some things, not others. It's not working for me in this, sadly.

In the imp: a bright, soft lilac.

Wet: Starting to get some of the green tea and lemon, but it's sweet rather than citrus.

Dry: Musky lemony floral.

Very light and pretty to start with the lilac taking center stage. Unfortunately, after an hour, it's all cedar all the time on me. I should know better by now but everything except the cedar usually works on me and it sounded so pretty! Ah well, eventually I'll pass it along to someone who will enjoy it more.

Edited by joopjoop

Ick. OK, let me sniff again...

I smell a thin, reedy musk, shallow lilac and wisteria, watery green tea, and a ghostly lemon twist.

This is a limp-wristed blend. More than that, though, the lemon in it -- or something in it -- is putting me off. But it's all gone in an hour.

This makes me pretty darn happy. It starts out with a mild lemon tea with some fresh lilac. It's light and airy for the most part, and after a little time the China musk and wisteria come out to give it a little better staying power. There isn't too much to say about this because it isn't overwhelmingly complex, and it doesn't change much at all. I do wish it were a little stronger and lasted longer. It's definitely something that would need reapplying through the day.

In the imp: The wisteria, musk, and cedar are the strongest notes in my imp, followed by the green tea and lemon.

Wet: On my skin, the lilac, lemon, and green tea notes leap out to me first, but then the wisteria quickly rushes in and takes the center stage. After a few minutes, the musk and cedar notes join in. It mostly smells like a musky, somewhat soapy floral (lots of lilac and wisteria) scent on me, with a splash of cedar and citrus.

Dry: This dries down to a musky, lemony, lilac and wisteria scent, with a bit of cedar and clean green tea.

Verdict: I'm surprised it veered out of soap territory (and that the cedar wasn't stronger). This one isn't really something I'd reach for, but I'm glad I got to try it.

In the imp: Tart floral, which must be my impression of the lilac mixing with the lemon (possibly among other scents). 

On my skin:

Wet, tart floral is the strongest note, with something deeper muddying it up. From the notes listed, I'm guessing the "something deeper" is the cedar. As it dries, I can pick out the green tea in addition to the lilac and lemon, The cedar note settles back a bit, so it's mostly providing grounding to the shared top notes. 

Dry and settled, this is squeaky clean to the point of being astringent on me. I'll have to pass.

wet: grass, pine, a muddy brook. 
drydown: lilac, maybe myrrh. the grassy/green layer is gone. reminds me of flowers in a church.
verdict: eh... it's nice, but i think it would be better as a diluted room fragrance than on me.