Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Love Me

A commanding, dominant oil that increases sexual magnetism, creates an intense and irresistible air of attraction, and amplifies potency.

In the vial, I smell smoke. And that's about it.

Initial application: heavy smoke and jasmine

30 minutes on: Wow. Way better now. I don't get coca-cola, thankfully. The jasmine is still pretty strong, but what DID smell like wood smoke, has now morphed into a softer, sweeter incense smoke. And now there's somthing else there. I want to say vanilla, even, but I can't be sure. Whatever it is, I like this a lot. I keep sticking my head down inside my shirt to smell it---good thing I'm not in public.
This will probably be a big bottle soon. :P

This is was very heavy, wet, and sweet, both in the bottle and when I put it on. I could swear I smell vanilla in there, or something else equally heavy, heady, and creamy.

Unfortunately I can't say much more about this scent because after just a couple of minutes of wearing I reacted to one of the ingredients and my skin turned red, itchy, etc. So, needless to say, I had to wash it off. I was honestly shocked because I don't have particularly sensitive skin with regard to spices and whatnot, and I have no idea what the offending ingredient is. Oh well.

First sniff from the bottle- Root beer?

After 20 minutes- Ok, this totally smells like spiced root beer! Like cinnamon, root beer and a touch of vanilla. As it fades the spicy root beer smell is still going strong!

Summery- I like this one a lot, but it is not a scent I would wear very often. If you like cola scents then you will love this.

When I first applied this, I couldn't stand it. It was waaay to incensey for me.

However, I resisted the urge to wash it off, and was paid off in the end.

I know have something smokey, cola-y, sweet. (Vanilla? Cinnamon?)

I like this much, much better. I don't know if I would order a bottle yet (would like to try this while out one night first). I'm tempted, though, very tempted.

Also, it has staying power. I applied this about 9 hours ago, and it's still there.

I am mystified by the bubble gum and/or cola comparisons. I've had this on for a few hours now and I smell nothing like either of those. I am struggling to name the notes I smell. I don't get anything as obvious as cinnamon, but there's a strong spiciness in there. There's a hint of vanilla and possibly some jasmine but I don't get the smokiness that people have described in this thread either.

I agree that this wouldn't be an everyday scent, but I'm not sure I feel that it's particularly powerful as far as the name implies. I do get a way stronger spice smell than sweet, so it's powerful in that regard. Overall I'm not quite sure what to make of it but I think I like it more than dislike it. I'll definitely have to try it multiple times.

Bottle (Imp): This smells animalistic. No sweetness, no flowers, just like animals, but not in a bad way. Perhaps it's dragon's blood? We'll see what happens when I put it on.

Just On: Ooh, sharp! I'm guessing dragon's blood is dominant here. It's kind of smoky too, not like a huge fire, more like a tiny little campfire. It's tingly on my skin, but not in a bad way.

An hour or two later: There is the barest hint of something sweet under that first scent (I'm still thinking something musky, or otherwise animal-like, like dragon's blood). I wish the sweet would come out to play.

Around 6 hours: It's softened a bit, into something like a little incense, with something smoky, and the dragon's blood (I think that's what it is).

12 hours: It was mostly gone by 12 hours, but I was sweaty.

Overall: This doesn't reaslly smell like my kind of perfume, but I think the effect is the one it should be. Let's just say that I went to bed with this on, and The Mate woke me up in a very *special* way a couple hours later. After a couple hours (Whoa baby!), we drifted off to sleep still tangled up together (I'm sure that's TMI). I'd have to conclude that I should buy a 5 ML of this, just for that, whether it likes my skin or not!

After reading other reviews: Oh, this is SO not fair! I LOVE sweet, vanilla, cinnamon scents, and I got NONE of those out of this! However, I'd have to say that the, er, night time activities that occurred when I wore this were WELL worth it. Swapping the imp, and saving to get a 5 ml.

Wow, this was just sent to me as a free sample and I am so pleasantly surprised.

It was one of those scents that instantly transported me back to a specific time and place. Initially it was a bit of cherry bubblegum, then musk. Cherry musk. Then it struck me that it tasted like the experience of having fruity cocktails (in particular Kamakazes and Cosmos) in a dark club.

Like the musk of darkly perfumed strangers mixed with sweet red fruit. It's bright and also exotic.

Very interesting; it won me over so quickly.

Strong, sharp, almost offensive cinnamon and smoke at first. Sweet coca-cola overlay. Fizzy. Mostly spicy, but a sweet underneath.

Then sweetens nicely, and makes me want it. Very potent, and name-appropriate. Totally shifted on me. There might be dragon's blood in there that I smell now? With a jasmine or vanilla underlay? I also catch musk, vetivert or civet from it occasionally, I think.

Edit: It also lasts through showers, even with scrubbing.

As for the Voodoo aspect of this oil: I think I got the first strains of the "let's just be friends" speech last night, so I'm thinking it doesn't quite work the way I thought it would. :P

Edited by quikslvr

Yep, it says 'Love Me' and I do!

I get a rush of cinnamon at first, then it evolves into a warm, heady mix of dragon's blood, cinnamon, clove, and a hint of vanilla-y sweetness - like Dragon's Milk with a SERIOUS spice kick added. And, as others have mentioned, there's enough jasmine to keep it from being totally over-the-top foody.

Even though it was a disgustingly hot day yesterday, the sort of day when I'd normally reach for a cool/fresh kind of scent, it felt great having this on - made me feel like I was getting a sexy/healthy kind of 'glow', instead of just sweating. :P

Wet it's jasmine with storax, lovely and sweet, comforting storax.

It has a lovely smoky undertone.

This is a sensual and nocturne perfume.

Strong and sexy.

I received an imp of this from the wonderful ivyandpeony, and had to try it out.

It is a strange cinnamon and smoke smell, with just a tiny hint of something floral in it. I wasn't sure how I felt about it at first, since it seemed a little inscense-y. After the drydown, the smoke became more of a background note, and it was just a pleasant, soft spice. Very nice.

This is much stronger than it seemed, since everyone I sat next to noticed it, and I could still smell it on my wrists fifteen hours after I put it on. However, it wasn't overwhelming, and no one seemed to mind catching a whiff on the breeze.

This probably isn't something I would wear every day, but it is pretty and I am very happy to have gotten a chance to try it.

Hm. I got nothing sweet or herby or like cola at all out of this. Just a very heavy "perfume" scent that I wasn't able to identify - maybe that's what people are describing as incense, or a very heavy floral? - and then as soon as it started to dry it went powdery, with maybe a little bit of spiciness in the background. This one really didn't work for me, alas. *g*

upon application.....

cinnamon and jasmine goodness....yes goodness :D

jasmine usually reacts rather funkified with my particular chemistry but this is a total winner.... :P

beautiful and long lasting...i think what i love most about this one is the cinnamon and jasmine are a 50/50 blend....i smell each one as equals and this is simply splendid for me :D

ADDED Sept. 9:

yeah baby....whoa! hold the phone....!!

hot, spicy, incredibly luscious and sex-filled scent!! decadent!!

i decided to try this imp out before i attended a chippendale's show and boy oh boy did it ever attract the dancers!! i didn't even have to pay for their prancing/grinding about :D

they were magnetized by me...it was truly astounding :D

you better believe i am gonna be buying a couple 10 ml bottles...in the meantime,

i am savoring my imp for other such naughty excursions :evil:

It starts out sweet and almost syrupy, with that cherry note that many of the BPAL blends have. It eventually dries down to a pleasant sweetish floral, but I just can't get beyond that strong cherry note at the beginning. I don't get any incense from this whatsoever.

First impression: vetivert with something sweet. The vetivert isn’t that strong, the other scent balances it out. I don’t like vetivert when it’s strong, but I can appreciate it when it’s not so noticeable. This is

Dry, on me: the vetivert tones down a bit, and now it’s getting rather nice. A light soft scent and it’s sweet too, like marsh mallows, yum. I can understand that this is a very loveable scent. This one’s not too heavy, very unoffensive. I think I can wear this on dates.

Actually, I like the vetivert in this one, it grounds the scent a bit and makes it more grown up, even sexy.

Probably not a bottle for me, but I’m keeping the imp.

I'm not a good one with notes (usually need the scent description to remind me), but the main notes are immediately identifiable as cinnamon and dragon's blood :P There's definately something smokey in here too..

This is a red scent, very warm and sensual :D I'm SO glad I got this as a frimp!

loveme.jpg

Voodoo oil, mmmm. I think there is a little civet in this blend, a lot of cinnamon, whatever sort of very appealing voodoo base Beth uses at times (with a vanilla-like part which is not vanilla and not tonka). Quite attractive and more than a little course (and I mean that as a compliment), don't lube up on this stuff if you are going to be presented to the Archduchess of Grand Fenwick, save it for that guy you want to rub up next to. There is a time and place for everything, Love Me is a get down and get busy sort of a scent.

In the Bottle or Imp:

Kind of rosey floral with mild peppery herbs... and vanilla.

Wet, on Skin:

Creamy vanilla with a hint of sandalwood, rose, ylang-ylang and jasmine.

Drying/Drydown:

Oooh! Patchouli and sugar? How strange! And the jasmine really pops out here, but the entire fragrance is sweetening...

Over Time/Longterm:

Patchouli and strawberry? Rose and Jasmine? It's a very feminine, alluringly sweet and yet similarly sexy fragrance...

Final Verdict?

... just not on me. I can't pull off sugared vanilla strawberry :P

Rating (on skin): 5/5

Rating (efficacy): N/A

Summarised in a word or two: Gorgeous.

In the imp/bottle: Dragon's blood (resin) and warm cinnamon.

On skin, wet: Warm, sexy vanilla, dragon's blood and cinnamon.

On skin, dry: This is absolutely lovely. The vanilla, dragon's blood and cinnamon blend together perfectly, to form a very sexy, strangely-cold scent.

Conclusion: Lovely! Three of my very favourite notes -- vanilla, cinnamon and dragon's blood -- in a single blend is a good thing indeed. I have no desire to try out its Voodoo properties (as I am quite happily single), so I'm hoping the blend *doesn't* do anything.

Edited by Aredhel

My favorite bpal thus far, and I only grabbed it from a forum imp sale because the name was cute and I was buying other stuff! Lucky me. It's funny because I just ate a bowl of black cherries and this perfume smells like black cherries taste, if that makes any sense..and I think it does!

Like the other ladies said, this is strong one.. much stronger than any others I've tried, which fade on my remarkably fast.. villain being at the top for fading in about 30 seconds! But not Love me. Love me has stayed through many many up close nose sniffings and spaghetti night cleanup.. so awesome!

I smells like..black cherry cola. Black cherry cola being gulped with an atomic fireball in your mouth, sitting in a room filled with dragon's blood incense. Yes yes.

Try this one; even if it's not you, it's worth a sniff.

PS..and if it's not you, send it to me!

In bottle: very incense-y; maybe a little sandalwood and def. a sweet floral behind it all--maybe magnolia or gardenia?

Wet: I think that's gardenia...but it also smells kinda bubble gummy.

Dry: Initially, it smells like a powdery floral bubble gum...I'm not digging this so much. Later: just a lighter version of baby powder/bubble gum.

It's pretty likely, just looking at the imp of Love Me that it contains Dragon's Blood and when I put it on, that's the first thing I smell. That fades pretty quickly, though, and this is so familiar. To me, it smells like my precious Butterball bath bombs, not how they smell in the water, but that luscious powdery vanilla-cocoa butter smell of the actual ballistic. I can see how people might be getting a cola type of smell but, for me, this is more of an implied fizziness than actual nose-tickling bubbles.

I really like it and am so glad the Lab gifted me with this imp.

This one is all cinnamon on me. I didn't get any of the cola smell others mentioned. It reminds me very strongly of those hot cinnamon hard candies in the red foil wrapping.

It's a very nice scent, but definitely one only for "certain" moods. I can't see myself using this as an everyday perfume. So I don't think I'll be getting a big bottle but I'll probably use up all the imp.

As for the Voodoo effects. Well my love life is non-existant at the moment so had no real testing opportunity. But in a month or so, I might have reason to try it out again for a special occasion. :P

I was worried that Love Me would be floral and disappointing on me. I prayed to God and all that is holy for this to not have any jasmine in it, lol.

First on this smells like Holiday Spice Cola. Lovely, sweet, fizzy Cola with a touch of cinnamon. Truly a touch of cinnamon, not overpowering at all. I love it.

After about a half hour, more of a vanilla smell is coming out to join the above mentioned smells.

More and more cinnamon comes out over the next few hours, but it never gets overpowering or sickening as it often does on my skin. It's a gorgeous vanilla and cinnamon blend in the drydown. :P

Edited by Tania

Love Me is all cinnamon and spice on my skin, especially right after applying.

It is not until the complete drydown stage that its different layers are revealed. Now that the fire of the spice has died down somewhat, I can see the cola/dragon's blood comparisons that other reviewers mentioned.

Love me is a really, really nice spicy scent (I love my cinnamon!), but for use as a perfume, I prefer its similarly-intended Gallic relative French Love, that has the added bonus of complexity and smoothness.