Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
edenssixthday

Tilt A' Whirl

Tilt A' Whirl - I believe this is a prototype from an upcoming Carnaval Diabolique act called "The Rides" (at least that's the rumor I heard). Anyway, it's pure, sweet, pink sugar, cotton candy and, on me at least, nothing else. It's 100% cotton candy, and it's uber-sweet and yummy. Unlike Midway, which is the only other cotton candy BPAL scent I can think of, this one doesn't turn to plastic on me. It stays sweet and true and positively delicious. You're going to have a hard time not licking your arms when you're wearing this one!

I also got a chance to sniff this at Will Call, and ended up trying a few different places on my arms. It wafted cleanly and sweetly. I kept calling it "Midway Lite." On me, it smelled like waffle cone. It smelled really delicious, and I plan on getting it when it's released.

I tried it at this month's Will Call and it's exactly how you each described it!!! It's so sweet and divine!!! I can't wait for it to become available for purchase!!!

I tried this at the Dec. 08 Will Call, and it's pure cotton candy! It smells divine! It also has nice throw and staying power. I woke this morning, and the faintest whiff of it is still there. Can't wait until this comes out.

Hm… weird. At first I thought wood, but after a couple of seconds it turns sour, and just gross… rubber, and ancient sticky Coke stains and dried puke, like someone didn't hose out the Tilt-a-Whirl car for 1000 years, and then scraped up and bottled what they found coating the floor. Along with some of the rubber floor mat. Nasty. Possibly even nastier than Scorched Carousel.

And reading the reviews above is just baffling to me; I had a completely different experience with this one I guess. I can only guess it must contain something that clashes violently with my chemistry. This and Scorched Carousel are two of the worst-smelling perfumes I've ever tried. I'm actually hesitant to try either of them again to see if it was just a Bad Chemistry Day, because if it wasn't, I don't want to smell like that again. Ew.

Floral blossom cotton candy. Oh yeah, there's a touch of soft, billowy, powdery blossom in here on top of the sugary sugar. Like a super soft lemon blossom, or a really clean, light orange blossom. More so in the wet stages, drying it becomes more like spun cotton candy, but while wet it's more super rich sweet sugar. The more I sniff the more I'm convinced this has light orange blossom in it, and very possibly a touch of amber grounding it. There's most certainly vanilla in hear as I'm getting that slight plastic edge. Delightfully done, syrupy sweet and fluffy.

Caveat: this is straight from the mail box (I could not resist), so I'll try again once it has had time to settle and see if there's anything new to note.

Cotton candy plastic. Lotus in its pure bubblegum form, sugar and something that ends up smelling synthetic on me.

Whew. Dodged a bullet with this one.

ETA: 2016 from the bottle.

I get a lot more green grass on wet, and then pink cotton candy with a whiff of orange blossom. It degenerates from there, smelling plasticky, which to me means that there's some form of BPAL cream in there. But yes, there's definitely some lotus or lotus root in here.

Edited by zankoku_zen

On me, this smells like creamy, sugary, spicy floral, metal and a bit of bubble gum. As it dries there's also a soft grass scent that emerges. After a while it sadly gets little soapy on my skin and I start to get a kind of a handcream-like scent. I wonder if there were different batches of this one because I'm sadly not getting any cotton candy. :(

ETA 10/08/13 I think I might have found the cotton candy 'version', or at least this smells a lot more like the other reviews describe. I have a hard time getting a distinct note but the over all scent is like very sweet orange-d cotton candy, vanilla, and floral blossoms. It gets a little waxy on my skin and as it settles I think Invidiana is right that there might be dragon's blood in this, something about it reminds me of Dragon's Milk. It's pretty and very sweet!

Edited by cfrancesca

This is a really odd and discordant scent on me. It's dominated by something heavily syrupy--almost cloying--with an undercurrent of lilac and jasmine and possibly carnation. There is what I'm taking to be a tiny bit of burnt sugar in there somewhere too. Something about this reminds me of the Lab's Dragon's Blood blend (as opposed to the actual daemonorops resin) which doesn't do too well on my skin to begin with. I was expecting to love this but the heavy candylike qualiy and the florals just keep clashing to no avail.

Very pink and very sugary, but there's something in here that doesn't agree with me. It feels more like a floral note going sour than a foody note though, and I think it's either iris or something behaving very much like it. I'm also sure I can detect some carnation in the throw, which I think is what's giving the sugar such a 'pink' feel - although the throw does have a predominantly foody feel, while the florals are sat much closer to the skin.