Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Jamaican rum, almond liquor, orange water, sugar syrup, lime peel, black cherry, vodka, and mint.

Whoa, this one is one of those Jekyll & Hyde scents :D

IMP: almond extract x100

WET: in yer face cherry & almond, and very very fizzy. I don't get much booziness, just super fizzy soda pop

DRY: Initially it stays quite fruity, the lime and mint come out a bit, too. The almond gets more buttery, like marzipan.

30 MINUTES: This is a totally different scent now — no more cherry cola or marzipan, it's very dark, smoky, and incensey. I recognize the incense from Catholic mass when I was a kid — what's that doing in a tiki drink???

I loved the first half hour, but the morph from fizzy drink to church incense was really freaky. :P

In the imp: *gets bowled over* WOW this is strong! It reminds me of the cherry syrup they use in shaved ices or italian soda. Delicious!

Once applied, it calms down a bit, and the cherry becomes sort of spicy. As it dries, the spices take over more and more; now I can totally see where others are coming from with the church incense/Christmas comparisons. While I like both the cherry and the Christmas stages, I didn't fall madly in love with either one.

I feel like I know Te Po already. It's so familiar, but I can't put my finger on it. It's fresh, spicy, sweet, green and ginger-y. Unfortunately, it's tingling-almost-burning my neck. It's probably the mint. I had the same problem with Monster Bait: Tokyo Stomp. The tingle/burn dies down pretty quickly though, but I may have to get a scent locket to wear this perfume.

Anyway, with dry down comes the liquor! Woo! I smell like a mouthwatering, pink, girly drink. That goes to almond/orange rum within an hour.

After about four hours, Te Po is rather incense-y, but still has that almond/orange dominating. The throw stays pretty strong throughout its life. I like it, but it just did not do as well as I hoped.

This is an odd little scent. When I tried it on yesterday I didn't have the description handy, but I knew I had it on my list to try. I smelled the almond, definitely, and a lot of fizzy alcohol. Ultimately, it didn't quite come together for me. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't something I'd wear again. Just a little too sweet and boozy. I think I was interested in about half the notes, and I could pick them out, but overall this wasn't a favorite for me.

Whoa! This is a strong liquor blend, it almost burned my nostrils out at first sniff! It smells like a very strong spiced rum smoothed over with a powerful black cherry note. It reminds me a bit of a black cherry brandy, or some kind of syrupy sweet liqueour. Very powerful throw, one of the strongest I've ever sniffed!

This is definitely a bit too strong for me, but lovely if you want to smell bar drunk all day!! :P

Oh yum! This is lovely.

Wet: The rum is a bit strong, but it smells like a lovely refreshing summer cocktail.

Dry: The rum backs down on me a lot after about 15 minutes. This is mostly sugar syrup, mint, and citrus - it reminds me quite a bit of a mojito or a margarita maybe. The rum keeps the rest of the notes in check, keeping the blend from smelling too sweet. I don't get the black cherry or the almond liqueur very clearly.

Overall, this is a light summery blend, with just the right hint of sweetness without being too sweet or gourmand. On me the booze behaves, so I could see wearing this just about anywhere, work included. The throw was light on me, which is perfect for my tastes, but maybe not for people who like a more intense/outspoken blend.

this smells like a cherry cola when i apply it. then the boozy notes come out. plenty of vodka and spicy rum in this libation! after about a minute, i can pick out each of the notes listed in the description. this is a pretty complex recipe. the almond liquor, mint, orange water and lime all add something. a refreshing and tropical drink that’s not too citrusy – perfect!

Te Po – This smells like a glass of sweet cherry cola – heavy on the syrup – with a lime wedge decorating the edge of the glass. It smells really good and entirely like something I would want to drink. As for a skin fragrance, though, it didn’t quite fit with my taste in perfume.

In vial: vodka

Wet: Mmm. Almond and black cherry. Really getting cherry coke from this one. This smells exactly like cola lip smackers from when I was in grade school.

Dry: This has morphed into a spicey cola.

First Sniff: Cherry Almond Vodka

On skin: Fizzy cherry and almond with a splash of vodka. It definitely has a cherry cola vibe to it, which is why I get fizz. It doesn't feel very boozy to me. I am also getting a spicy note, which I think comes from the Jamican rum mixed with orange. I can barely detect lime peel or mint.

Drydown: The sweetness of Te Po dies down considerably, and for some reason the almond liquer becomes more prominent. It still has a cherry cola vibe, and feels very spicy.

Final Thoughts: Not my favorite tiki scent by a long shot. The cola comparision reminds me of Leo, and I do love the fact that this isn't tropical per say, like other tiki blends.

Wet in imp - Almond liqueur, black cherry, lime. Smells like a cocktail!

Wet on skin - Slightly less almond, black cherry and vodka.

Dry on skin - Almost like cinnamon almond liquer, but very tasty!

The common word everyone seems to mention in reviews is "fizzy." Well I must concur: this is the first scent I've ever smelt that somehow smelled carbonated. How in the Sam Hill was that achieved? the scent of carbonation?

This is highly pleasant, although what it really boils down to on me is a spiced cherry Coke. I would have liked the lime to remain a little stronger, but this is nice and warm and drinkable...well, y'all know what I mean.

Rating (on skin): 5/5

Summarised in a few words/smilie: Surprisingly awesome.

In the imp: Cherry-almond booze and faint mint!

On skin, wet: There is something almost sticky about this, like slightly flat Rum & Cherry Coke. It's very strange, but not at all in a bad way.

On skin, dry: Rum, something spicy (clove, maybe?), lime, orange, strong cherry, and fizziness! This is one of those "Not usually my thing, so why am I jamming my nose against my wrist so?" scents that I love for no apparent reason -- but oh, I do so love Te Po. It does have a "candle shop in fall" quality, but I think that's a good quality here.

Conclusion: As many others have said, this is definitely fizzy, bordering on strangely carbonated. How the hell won imparts a carbonated quality to perfume is beyond me, but I've never come across something like it before. I definitely need to find a bottle of this.

This was a scent that I got off Ebay.

I was torn if I really wanted it or not, but after I read the reviews and the notes a few times..I decided that I was going to give it a shot.

In the bottle: STRONG! WOOO! I can put the bottle down on my desk, and the smell still wafts towards me...It smells like a cross between a tropical alcoholic drink and fruit punch....The citrus dominates the black cherry, and I get a subtle hint of almond and mint.

On the skin wet: Woah...hello vodka and mint!!! :P Then..hello black cherry! And...black cherry...No more citrus? No more almond? Oh wait..there's almond. Mmmmmm....I like this, and I'm oddly thankful that the citrus doesn't really make an appearance on me!

Dry down: This has turned into a slightly citrus blend...with a lot of almond, a little mint, and a little cherry...I would think that these together would smell like a mess, but it honestly smells like a fabulous summer fruit punch! It's actually kind of...fizzy...smelling..If that makes sense! I don't know if I would want to wear this blend any time OTHER than summer though....it's just THAT tropical. But it is incredibly pretty...although I can't say that this is a favorite for me.

A keeper for me, but I don't know for how long.

Edited by BrightRedScream

Black cherries and LOTS of sugared almonds. Makes me think of marzipan.

I've ordered this one for the vodka and mint but I don't get any of those two.

Don't like it.

The drydown's not too bad though, it becomes a kind of a resinous citrus (weird, I know) and that's quite nice. Not nice enough to bear the almonds and cherries when wet :P

After reading through the reviews of this scent, I realised that I'd made a mistake in not ordering it before the Tiki scents went down so I had to wait patiently to finally try it.

Wet in Bottle: Somewhere between Cherry Coke and Dr. Pepper.

Wet on skin: I get a light throw of the lime, but it stays fizzy cherry cola.

Drydown: Fizzy church incense.

Hours later, it still has the fizzyness to it and the scent has gotten even deeper and more incensy.

Overall, I love this scent.

First sniff: It’s a bit muddled and chaotic in the bottle – the only things I can make out clearly are almond and booze.

Wearing: Hellooooo cherry-almond madness! Drat. I was hoping the citrus and mint would show up to the party, but it’s all cherry-almond booze on me.

In the bottle: Fizzy cherry cola with amaretto!

On my skin: Very complex, I'm getting fizzy cherry cola, syrupy sweet almonds and amaretto with a background of rum (which is showing up as a gentle spice). Almond scents are real morphers and this one isn't any different. As the almond gently fades away more lime and a lot more rum starts to come through. It's like taking a sip of an exotic drink and letting the booze kick in after about 10 minutes. :lol: This really has a wonderful "sparking/fizzy" feeling to it. Te Po is also a lot spicier than the other Tiki Bar blends.

Dry: This dries into a really nice spiced rum scent. I think this one has the most staying power and throw out of all the Tiki Bar scents.

Overall: Well I knew I was going to love this one and I do, I think it's my second favorite next to Blue Fire. I'm so happy I purchased this!! ^_^

OHMIGAWDISMELLLIKEACHERRYICEE!!!!W00!!

This is a really fun smell. I realize it has a few alcoholic notes, but I don't smell much like a mixed drink....ok, maybe one that sneaks up on you after you've had three or four and puts you on your butt for the night.

On my skin, it's cherry-heavy until it dries. At that point, the spicy smell of the rum and the clean smell (of the vodka?) come out. The clean smell is almost soapy, but doesn't have that typical soap smell: it's a nice, zesty clean. Both of those notes tone down the sweet, so it's still sugary but not sickening. This is light and fresh sweet, not heavy and cloying like Beaver Moon.

I. like. this.

Strong enough for a man, but made for a Pisces (like me!). Just like the Lab's description says.

Wet: rum and almond is pretty strong; rounded out with the citrusy orange and lime; a touch of black cherry; no mint, thank goodness...

Dry: the cherry and almond is starting to dominate...sharp, a bit acrid

It smells a bit like cherry coke in the bottle..

Wet on my skin it smells like maraschino cherries. Oh! I bet that would be the almond, actually. For some reason, something in this is reminding me of sweet and sour sauce? I like sweet and sour, just not sure if I want to smell like it..