Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Golden rum, apricot liquor, pineapple, pomegranate, ginger, brandy, grapefruit, and pink lime.

BPAL’s pineapple note is really mouthwatering! It’s so much like the real thing, I love it! This is a refreshing and fun scent – tart, sweet, and boozy. I smell the pineapple and grapefruit first and foremost, soaked in plenty of rum and apricot liquor. Not really noticing the pomegranate or ginger. It’s juicy and citrusy, like a big cold glass of spiked fruit punch on a hot summer day.

This is my first review, and chose this one because I finally found out what skin chemistry can really do. I read the reviews and was really excited about how fruity this scent sounded. In the bottle was fruity, with some spice. On... ALL ginger. Seriously, nothing but hot ginger. I had to wash it off. I'm so jealous of the ones that got grapefruit out of it.

In the imp - wow!!! This is so boozy - I get the apricot liquor especially.

On my skin, it's so alcoholic as to be almost medicinal - I get a little more of the pineapple and lime as it's on my skin for a little bit.

When it dries, it's still too, too boozy - it smells exactly like an actual fruity drink. I can smell the lime, and the apricot liquor, and that's it. I'd drink this in a heartbeat, but it's not a good scent for me.

Wet, this is all grapefruit & lime, very citrusy and LOUD but also sweet, like one of those Hansens all natural sodas. For the first 15 minutes or so I was thinking I would definitely need to order a bottle, but then the citrus totally disappeared (as it always does on me, sigh) and all that was left was a weird burnt smell. I'm guessing there's burnt sugar or something in the rum notes? Whatever it is, it's really unpleasant. :P

This turned to Grapefruit SN on me. Why, grapefruit, why? I would have been ecstatic with Pink Lime SN or with Apricot SN, but no, I get grapefruit, which smells exactly like B.O. on me. Stupid skin chemistry, the point of perfume is to smell like the opposite of B.O. :P

In the bottle, and right on, this is mostly fruit soaked in rum. More fruit than rum, though. A complex mix of fruit, too.

After a while of wear? Booze. Bright, pineapply booze.

Curious, because on me, this would *almost* smell like a commercial blend of some kind -- it has an almost brassy tone, not unlike something like "Giorgio" -- but it's too fruity-cocktail to actually be mistaken for rich-lady smelly stuff. It's kinda naughty like that. (I've noticed that some of the tropical BPALs are more likely to remind me of commercial blends; this is by no means a criticism, as I love BPAL's tropical fruit-and-flower blends -- just I think they tend to be more "perfumey" more often, with a few exceptions).

It's a butterscotch-yellow smell.

Also, Screeching Parrot wears a very long time. I do prefer a BPAL that I can smell hours after application (well, as long as it works well).

This one is sassy, just like an amiable parrot that has learned unusual and shocking cuss phrases in five languages. I like it.

Juicy, fruity, golden and definitely tropical. The grapefruit is the strongest note for dry down. This perfume does not screech, it oozes--delicious. I get more of the alcohol and ginger notes as Screeching Parrot develops. It still keeps the juicy fruit thing going too. This is simply gorgeous. I need a huge bottle of Screeching Parrot.

First Sniff: Gingered Pineapple with a splash of grapefruit.

On Skin: Juicy, gingered pineapple, grapefruit and lime. It is definitely boozy, but I honestly can't pick out the individual flavours of booze. Apricot liquer & brandy along with the ginger make this scent warm on my skin. There is a hint of rum, but all three together blend very smoothly. Unfortunately the pomegranate is barely there, outweighed heavily by pineapple and grapefruit.

Drydown: The warmth of the alcohol stays and now the pink lime is becoming more noticeable. I would even say it overpowers the the other two.

Final Thoughts: Great Throw, not too boozy and not sickly sweet either. A very spicy and tropical fruit drink, that is very warming and comforting. I almost feel like comparing it to a mulled cider or a hot toddy, except it's fruity.

Edited by Schmoozy

In vial: grapefruit and lime

Wet: wow this is good! I can smell the other notes blended but grapefruit and lime are the strongest.

Dry: This doesn't end well.

I get apricot... fresh apricot and a little bit of guava. The boozey side of the scent is very weak on me (and I don't mind it).

No grapefruit, no ginger here... a bit too in-the-face fruit for my liking.

this smells exactly like the rum punch that i had in the caribbean. tasted horrible, smelled amazing! i totally can smell the pinapple and the grapefruit and definitely the boozy smell. i don't think it's really for me though.

Screeching Parrot starts out screaming grapefruit. It quickly tones down and the ginger and apricot take over. It is a warm, sweet but not overly cloying scent. Very nice.

Oh.. I was so excited to get my bottle of Screeching Parrot - I'm a big fan of several others from the Luau Lounge and this sounded like it was going to smell something like a big tall multi-coloured drinks that you'd buy at a beachfront bar in Jamaica (with the umbrella cocktail stick, of course).

Damn and blast it, all I get is grapefruit. The other notes are there, but the grapefruit is just smothering them with its sharp tang. Grapefruit is the demon child of the fruit salad family, it just can't behave itself - it has to be all LOUD and overpowering. I reckon that's why this parrot is screeching - the poor thing accidentally ate some grapefruit.

If only I could somehow separate all the ingredients, and then remove the grapefruit, I could really really love this. But as it is, my bottle will get no love from me. I'm going to put it in the naughty corner of the box, and hope that the grapefruit goes away over time.

This is IN YOUR FACE booze and citrus. Its really strong. I'm trying to prepare myself for wearing it for a whole day because usually the citrus becomes too much over time. But it is a very nice tropical scent and I do like it very much...I just fear it too.

First sniff: Pineapple and ginger and grapefruit, immediately – it’s sweet and spicy and tart all at once. It’s a bit of an olfactory assault from the bottle, but a pleasant one.

Wearing: Fresh ginger grated over fresh pineapple with an undercurrent of Grand Guignol’s apricot brandy. It’s intense without being loud. I like.

Mmmmm, awesome tropical fruit with a little bit of booze around the edges. It's delicious and wonderful; a great fruity counterpart to Pele's flowers. I want to get my friend in bartending school to make a drink like this now.

At first this was super tart, a little sweet, and the grapefruit threatened to overtake everything. As it started to dry down it smelled like a sugared pink grapefruit . Very yummy! There is also something very clean smelling about this.

It's not very strong, but I really like it. I think I might have to hunt down a bottle. :) It would be perfect for this summer (or when I want to be reminded that summer will eventually get here).

In the bottle: Rum and pineapple with just a hint of grapefruit hanging out in the background.

On, wet: Gosh, grapefruit and lime and I feel like I occasionally get a weird hint of cinnamon. It smells SO GOOD. I want a frozen drink that tastes like my wrist smells.

On, dry: Where did it go? No, seriously. I've had it on for less than 10 minutes and it's vanished. Come back, fruity frozen drinky beachy goodness! :cry2:

Wet: hmmm..a bit disappointing; very subtle fruit notes; hardly any liquers at all...doesn't have the punch that most of the atomic lounge scents have...

dry: notes are becoming a bit stronger, but overall this is a hohum and weak scent

In the bottle: Sweet, and a little spicy. Rum and fruits..

On my skin there is a hint of something like generic perfume, or no.. maybe cologne. Just a tad in the background, which makes it somewhat interesting. It is mainly a fruity scent, though.. grapefruit and lime. Pineapple..? Yep. Sweet and tart. There's some rum as well, but not enough to make me really view this as a boozy scent. The ginger adds an interesting bit of spice as well, keeping this from being a super sweet scent.

Screeching Parrot

This starts out super-boozy and then switches to primarily grapefruit over apricot and pineapple.

Boozy grapefruit punch, a bit like Hawaiian Punch! Beths rum note is to die for. I love this stuff.

Screetching Parrot doesn't last too long on my skin, it's the type of scent you need to reapply every couple hours, but it's worth it! This also works incredibly well in my scent locket.

Another great addition to the Tiki Bar scents. I'm so happy I've finally got my hands on all of these.

Edited by Monster

In the bottle, Screeching Parrot smells very fruity and tangy. On my skin, I still smell the fruit but I get a very sharp clove smell. It must be the ginger, but on me it smells exactly like cloves! Which is good for me since I love the smell of clove! :D This didn't change much on drydown, and it lasted for quite a while on me. The fruit mingled in and out, and I caught faint boozy notes occasionally. I'm glad I bought a bottle of this because I really like the scent!