Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Dracoo9

Upa Upa

Spiced rum, coconut, pineapple, and vanilla.

Hmmm, it's been a while since I've reviewed (or even worn) any BPAL scents!
I get a very caramelly pineapple rum from this one. In fact, it's pretty much all I get from it for most of the wear time. I do get a hint of a coconut and a touch of vanilla from time to time, but not enough to say it's actually a part of the scent. I do like it, but only because of the pineapple scent. I love me some pineapple! It does turn foody on me though, so I think this one will be reserved for those lazy summer days in the sun.

In Imp, pineapple and coconutty rum.

Wet, juicy fresh pineapple and spicy coconut with a little bit of alcohol. Just like Malibu and Pineapple.

Dry, tropical slightly fruity vanilla coconut. It is yummy and I will be wearing this this summer.

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this!

Bottle: Gorgeous buttery pina colada. Heavy on juicy pineapple and creamy coconut with a bit of oomph from the rum.

Wet: Spicy rum and my beloved vanilla, with swirls of pineapple and coconut. I want to chew on my arm!

Dry: I get some cinnamon melding with the vanilla and coconut. It smells like a rich cake rather than booze at this point, but I love it all the same.

In the bottle - Coconut as far as the eye can see.

Wet - That evened out more than I thought it would. Pineapple makes just about anything better.

Drydown - It’s a blend of coco-pineapple and vanilla on me. If I try really hard, I can get a bit of rum -- or at least the spices from the rum.

Verdict - This would be wonderful if I liked coconut. Hell, it’s almost wonderful in spite of the coconut. If you're a pina colada lover, you need this NOW.

In the bottle: pineapple

Wet: the pineapple and rum are the strongest notes and I smell a bit of coconut too. Yummy and fruity.

Drydown: the rum comes out stronger now and the pineapple still stays in the front and present as well. Oddly I never really get vanilla but it would be awesome if I did. That would add more creaminess to this overall fruity drink.

This is a sweet fun fruity scent. It has good throw and lasted about 2 hours.

Wet: Mmm. Tropical drink paradise! Rum and pineapple are dominant so far. I've never smelled BPAL's pineapple note, but I'm digging it. It's more of a pineapple candy or syrup note than fresh pineapple. The coconut is barely present, which is a little sad, it's just adding some warm nutty notes to the rum, which is slowly taking over. Overall this is really yummy and beachy.

Dry: My only complaint is that this is not very strong. I will give it a full day slather and see how it lasts throughout the day. I really really like it, it's sweet sticky summer in a bottle!

Wet: Oh my goodness. This is very sweet, very buttery, filled to the brim with coconut, rum, and just a little pineapple.

Dry: Heavy, warm, indolent, and sooo tropical. I can almost feel the heat (must be the cinnamon?). The pineapple is just barely there, but it's the coconut, vanilla, and rum that are dominating, which is what I want. The rum has a buttery feel. This is actually pretty incredible. Seems to wear pretty close to the skin, which is fine for me for something like this. Good lord, this is fantastic.