Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Castitas Bath Oil

Chastity - the most unnatural of all the sexual perversions. -- Aldous Huxley

Rice flower, vanilla, and cream.

I predict that this is going to be a very popular product! There are only three notes listed, but this scent is truly gorgeous in it's simplicity, sweet, creamy and infinitely pretty. This could be sexy used before perfume (I'm sure it would sweeten and soften most scents, though I haven't tested that theory yet) and yet it's also very comforting.. like a fluffy cloud of fragrance. As you'd expect, it's pretty much vanilla cream, but it's not a buttery vanilla. Just light and lovely. I hope this is going to be a permanent addition to the BPTP, because I could see myself buying a lot of it.

This arrived just in time...well, I wish I had ordered some sooner since my skin is parched! What a lovely bath oil blend this is. I like the fact that a little goes a long way and it isn't as "oily" as one might expect. Beth blended a marvelous base! I would love to have a great big bottle of it unscented!

Speaking of the fragrance side of things, Castitas is a lovely soft fragrance. It is a creamy ricey scent that has a lovely "after-waft". The first time I used it, I was walking out to my garage in the freezing cold and thought in my head, "Wow! That smells lovely! What am I smelling?" It was the Castitas on me.

Overall what a really nice bath oil! I look forward to trying the others. I think Gula is next!

*yum*

Edited by astrid

Like the others, I haven't actually bathed with this yet.

:P I love this fragrance! I can smell all of the components in almost equal parts. The cream lets the vanilla be rich without being too strong and sweet, and the rice flower gives a light, fragrant quality to the whole thing, taking some of the foody edge off. It's surprisingly strong, and definitely lends a noticeable perfume when you rub into your skin.

Very nice! I think this is my favorite of the bath oils, because it's just so...universal. It's appropriate for all seasons, rich without being too decadent and light without being too ethereal.

And the ubiquitous general notes:

The bath oils are light and thin in texture. They absorb into the skin very quickly and easily, without leaving an oily residue, when you put them straight on your body. I've used them in my hair (rubbing through in the shower, then rinsing well), and they made an excellent de-frizzer and de-tangler. (The parts of my hair that are closest to my face seemed to get oily/dirty more quickly than usual, since my hair already had oil in it. I probably wouldn't use this every time I wash my hair, so that I don't get any nasty buildup. FWIW, I have very thick hair that's dry from frequent dyeing.)

Edited by naeelah

Mmmm. I had a horribly stressful annoying day yesterday, so I was thrilled to come home to a box containing Castitas (and Luxuria, but that's a story for another time). It was the perfect cold dreary night for a long soak in a bath of sweet cream, which is precicely what Castitas allowed.

In the bottle, it smelled like sweet vanilla cream with a touch of hot rice cereal - the rice flower adds a slight grainy scent which works really well to fill out the scent and temper the sugary vanilla and cream. It has a hint of something floral without really smelling like what I associate with flowers, if that makes any sense at all.

I like to use a fair amount of the bath oil, because I love the way that it clings to my skin and makes me feel silky smooth after the bath, but it really doesn't take a whole lot to soften the water and give a lovely scent, even in my big tub.

And, it went wonderfully with the Milk Moon 05 I slathered at bedtime. :P

Castitas - I thought Winter Maiden was my favorite bath oil scent ever, and then I tried Castitas, which wins by a million points over WM. This is a gorgeous scent - light, sweet, creamy, and a hint of floral. It's a pure and innocent scent and so incredibly pretty. If you're familiar with Arcana's Rapunzel, this smells like Rapunzel without the rose. It layers gorgeously with Rapunzel, too. I took a bath with Castitas at about 8 p.m. and when I awoke the next morning at 7:30 a.m., I could still smell it on me as strong as when I went to bed. Very long-lasting scent and the oil turns the water in my bath silky soft, and I just love this. I love it a lot. It's the first BPTP bath oil that I feel I really NEED a full size bottle of.

Castitas smells amazing. It has a tart, candied quality to it that makes me think of sweet tarts, if there were to be a vanilla musk flavored sweet tart. And there's a creaminess to it as well. Vanilla sweet tarts floating in sugared cream. It manages to be tart, sweet, creamy, and clean smelling all at the same time. The tartness *almost* makes me think of citrus or cherry candy, but it doesn't go quite that far.

Oddly enough, the church where I grew up smelled exactly like this. I sniffed this bath oil and was instantly transported back to Sunday school, lol. Whatever pleasant, clean, comforting, air freshener thing they were using always smelled wonderful, and Castitas has that same smell :P

The bath oil itself has the consistency of water. I love how quickly it disperses into the bath water, and it just makes the water a bit cloudy/milky in appearance. There are no pools of oil and the tub doesn't suddenly turn slick and dangerous. It's not something that I would describe as oily. It doesn't sit heavily on me or make water bead up on my skin. It just makes the water (and my skin) feel nice and soft.

I use about an ounce of bath oil in my bath and it's wonderful and softening. Unfortunately, the scent still isn't very strong in the water, but it lingers lightly on my skin afterwards. I'd probably get 6-8 baths out of a bottle, since I like being able to smell the scent in the water.

After using this in the bath, my skin feels amazingly soft to touch. My boy even commented that my skin felt softer. I don't necessarily feel really moisturized after using this (I still needed lotion for my arms, hands, knees, and feet), but my skin itself is so incredibly soft. It's definitely a great splurge to use when you want someone to want to touch you.

I've also tried this in my hair, but my hair is too fine to pull it off. The smell is strong and amazing, but it makes my hair look greasy. Someone with thicker, less oily-prone hair would probably fair better.

As a body moisturizer, I like this more than the massage oils. It's not sticky or tacky, but more slippery. It leaves a slip and shine on my skin that I really like for use on my legs. I can see myself slathering this on my legs this summer when the little skirts are back into rotation.

Overall, I'm happy with this bath oil, though I wouldn't repurchase. I think I'll even set aside 5 or 10 mls in one of my empty perfume bottles and just wear it as a perfume every once in a while. This is the only bath oil so far that has been a keeper for me (didn't care for Gula at all and Frenum turned rather sharp and headache inducing on me). I have to use so much of it in the bath to get a hint of fragrance, so I'll probably just save the last half of my bottle as a moisturizer/leg sheen product.

ETA: The bath oil seems to keep leaking out of my bottle of this and the oil ate off the bottle's pretty label. Every day there's a ring of leaky oil wherever I left the bottle (ate away a weird mark on our wooden cabinet :D). For the price, I won't purchase any more of these, but I'll decant the rest of my Castitas into a new bottle, store it somewhere that it can't do any damage, and use it up as a leg moisturizer this summer...

ETAA: I recently tried some Possets, and Castitas Bath Oil smells almost exactly like the Madame X Posset to me.

Edited by Tania

I've tried 3 of the new bath oils, and they're all lovely. This one's my favorite. I had no idea a bath oil could disperse itself so unobtrusively and still leave you feeling silky smooth. I love the scent as well- faint, but lovely- reminds me a little of dana o'shea without the almond (from what I remember...sniffed that one looong ago). It's a decent moisturizer as well- I couldn't resist temptation to use it in the shower this morning. I hope this is staying on the permanent catalog, because it's gorgeous.

Sweet, soft, and creamy. This is just lovely! I mostly like things that bubble instead of oils, but I decided to give this a try, and I am so glad I did! (I am also tremendously grateful for the excellent BPTP customer service after a bit of a shipping mishap. Puddin' is a deity of fixing stuff, that's all I can say.)

I can see the comparisons to Chaste Moon people are making. To me, it's not quite that, as it's got its own sweet simplicity. I think the rice flower is especially lovely here. I look forward to many, many happy baths with this. (Tried it on my hair, too, but it's too oily there. I have that sorta fine blonde stuff. Probably restorative, though, once in a while -- and it sure made it smell nice.)

Castitas

In decant: the most sublime creamy vanilla ever.

On skin: oh my, this is gorgeous! It reminds me strongly of something I’ve smelt elsewhere-maybe a kind of moisturiser or sun cream (and I don’t mean that in the coconut-scented way) of some kind? It smells like creamy soft sweetness, vanilla ice cream with a hint of floral. Yes, this does smell like sophisticated ice cream, and I love that. The rice flower note does prevent this from smelling like a purely foody scent, adds a little bit extra to it. The cream is not sour at all, nor is it buttery, and the vanilla is soft and fluffy but has a rich, indulgent undertone to it (probably because it’s Bourbon vanilla, the finest of all). The floral note smells almost tropical, for some reason. This smells so much nicer than Chaste Moon, I must say. CM had a weird soapy smell to it, but this doesn’t. It just smells like a summery vanilla cream scent, warm and sweet and cuddly. This just gets smoother, sweeter, creamier and softer as it develops on the skin. The perfect vanilla flower scent. This is what I wanted Love’s Philosophy to smell like. I want to try this in the bath next, but I also think this will be amazing worn as an after-bath body oil, a wonderful background for many BPAL scents, especially the vanilla or creamy ones. Oh, the layering possibilities of this oil are endless! I think I will need a big bottle! :P

The name Castitas is perfect for this. The soft, warm vanilla and delicate rice flower make it innocent and delightful, nourishing even and yet, combined with the cream, it is rich, decadent and extremely sexual. Depending on my mood and intent, I have used this my comfort, relaxation and empowerment.

In the bath, a little goes a long way and still scents the air, your body, the towels and anyone who is in contact with me. Afterwards, my skin is soft and smooth but not oily.

Poured straight on the skin I was worried that it would go Milk Moon bad on me, as it has some of the same tropical creaminess, but it doesn't at all. Instead it is warm, rich vanilla cream that lingers and makes me feel amazing.

It conjures images and myths of innocent flesh about to be corrupted. And corrupted deliciously.

:P :D :D

This made me think of cocunut sugar cookies. I think it might have been the vanilla. It's light and innocent and makes me think of a virgin before being debauched.

I only used, maybe a teaspoon. The bath was light, moisturizing, and the smell was heavenly.

My skin is lightly moisturized and I feel very pretty. Definitely a luxury item.

I am quite enjoying it, and now I really want to try Gula!

very delicate and superbly creamy this is a fantastic bath oil...the vanilla and rice flower

are blended perfectly...toooo sexy and the most fabulous indulgence... :P

Another of my first bath oils from the post, and soo soo lovely.

I love vanilla and this doesn't disappoint. But this is much deeper and darker than I expected. The bourbon vanilla is so lovely and doesn't really make me think chaste thoughts... :P

If you love the Lab's cream and vanilla notes, this one is definitely for you.

My dry, sensitive, ghostly white skin is generally half dead at the end of winter and needs oils (with few preservatives, please) to perk it up. This deliciously creamy bath oil is extremely moisturizing but is still absorbed quickly. I've been using this as an after-shower moisturizer, so the scent is stronger than it would be if it were diffused in bathwater. But it's still light enough to be layered with other BPALs--so far I've tried it with Snake Oil, several of the Snake Pits from the Carnaval and a few of the Lupers from this year.

Yum! Now I want to try the rest of the BPTP bath oils, too!

I..don't smell vanilla? Vanilla amps on me (yay) like nobody's business, so I don't understand. Honestly, I don't even smell vanilla in the imp. It smells like Dana O'Shee to me. It's nice, very unassuming and soft, but it doesn't really grab me. Too milky I guess.

Out of 10: 5

:thud: Gorgeous. Akin to Tamamo-no-mae, but with silky vanilla cream adding a decadent richness... Wears beautifully as a perfume oil, too :wub2:

I really love Castitas. I love BBW's rice flower and shea lotion and every time I see an oil with rice flower I get it, hoping for something similar and this is so close. I don't even know how to describe the scent- it's like cool sheets on a hot night, a mother's hug, stretching out in warm bath waters. It just hits the part of my brain that says yes. I wear it as a perfume oil, and sometimes yes it does feel a little one note-ish so I layer it with other oils. But I just love this so much and I'm so happy it comes in the giant bath oil container so I won't run out.

Love this! On "my skin" this smells like a warm carrot cake with cream cheese icing (without the nuts).

I'm not using this in the bath tub but spraying it on my skin instead. There is no way I am wasting this in water. :lol:

Staying power is amazing.

Castitas bath oil was my first purchase from the TP and my first bath oil experience. I own several bath oils right now and I don't even own a bath so that says a lot :yum: I love them as an after-shower moisturizer. The scent is soft, warm, comforting and snuggly. It's too heavy for me when it's hot outside but the scent is excellent for when it's cold.

In the imp, I'm getting a vanilla creamish sort of scent, vaguely reminiscent of Gothabilly. On my skin, it's very quickly fading cream.

This ends up being a very foody vanilla with rice flower. Unfortuneately, this is much too sweet and cloying to me. So far, rice flower has not agreed with me, and this is no exception. I imagine foody lovers would LOVE this. I think it's the same vanilla as Snake Oil, but the rice flower is just ruining it for me. Off to swaps.

I wanted to love this. I wanted to love this so badly. It pretty much just smells like shae to me. This is my first BPTP bath oil, so it's possible that I'm just really sensitive to the smell of the shae oil in it. It's pleasant enough, it's just that I'm not a huge fan of the smell of shae, and I was really hoping for a vanilla scent. Still, my skin drinks it in, and it leaves me feeling soft and moisturized, so as a bath oil/moisturizer it's fantastic.

Now I see why Castitas is loved by so many. I put off trying it for so long because I used to work at BBW back in college and didn't really care for their Rice Flower & Shea much because it smelled of almost nothing to me (when some woman tried to buy up every single bottle of stuff in that scent during the huge biyearly sale I couldn't understand) but Castitas is completely different territory. It's a creamy warm vanilla that's very slightly floral but not much, both delicious and soothing and absolutely nothing like the BBW stuff.

i've had a decant/sample of this for a long time. i'd sniff the little plastic bottle and think eh, i'm not in the mood for this kind of scent...i am not a foody scent person, but i do like vanilla, but it smelled a bit to caramely or hazelnut for my tastes. tonight, i finally decided to try it, and i was very pleasantly surprised. the vanilla is beautiful and soft and there is something that smells like moonflower to me. to me, it's a very pale, white, subtle scent with a shy hint of sexiness from white musk...so even though that isn't listed- i get moonflower, vanilla and white musk and it's absolutely beautiful.