Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
voila

Sweet scents, sugar notes & things that smell like candy

On me, the sweetest oils are Black Lotus and Dragon's Milk. Blood Lotus and Maenad are not too far behind, though... Black Lotus is bubble gum sweet, Dragon's Milk is sugar sweet (kind of - I'm struggling to find the right words for this one), Blood Lotus is bubble gum with a bit more of an edge, and Maenad is an evil strawberry lollipop.

From what I understand, Hollywood Babylon might be candy-sweet because of the strawberry.

Bewitched is all Herby Candy goodness, Chimera is cinnamon ice cream and Carnivale has a certain candy sweetness to it also.

So far on me, the sweetest, most candy-like is the Astrological Leo blend... it is very reminiscent of Skittles candies. :P

A lot of the others mentioned already, while sweet, aren't very candyish, in my opinion... but they are all quite yummy nonetheless. :D

Funny. I was thinking about making a super-sugary, strawberry bubblegum scent called 'Jailbait' for one of the winter updates. Is there a market for something that gooey?

=)

Glitter goes candy-sugar-bubblegum sweet on me and lasts for hours.

Dragon's Milk is also very sweet.

So does Hecate, although I get a soapy thing going on with that one, too... but I think that's just my chemistry because other people don't seem to have that happen.

Bliss is pure chocolate sweetness on me.

Dana O'Shee is the best marizpan ever.

Funny. I was thinking about making a super-sugary, strawberry bubblegum scent called 'Jailbait' for one of the winter updates. Is there a market for something that gooey?

=)

Moi! :P

Snake oil was very sweet on me. Everyone else loved it but I kept smelling spicey candy.

The sweetest ones I have encountered have to be Tamora and Gluttony.

Bliss and Vice are chocolatey and all, but they don't scream "sickening sweet" on me. Gluttony and Tamora, on the other hand are VERY sweet.

Black Lotus, Bordello, Dragon's Milk, Perspehone and Hollywood Babylon are all very sweet on me.

Black Lotus - earthy candy

Bordello - jubey sweet

Dragon's Milk - milky sweet

Persphone - juicy sweet

Hollywood Babylon - fresh powder candy sweet

Dragon's Milk took on a spicy, milky scent after a while, but when I first put it on, it was very fruity and sweet.

Katharina is very very sweet, it smells like apricot candy!

Dissipation went extremely sweet on me, but not in a good way...

The sweetest ones on me are:

- Vice and Bliss: pure chocolate, incredibly true to the smell of dark and milk chocolate, respectively

- The Hesperides: this one goes very, very caramelly on me, which is not a bad thing at all :P

- Dragon's blood tends to turn very sweet on me. Dragon's Heart was the only BPAL to date to be too overly sweet for me to wear

- Dragon's Milk, Persephone and Bordello are sweet indeed, but they have enough fruitiness to prevent them from being sickly sweet, at least on my skin.

Hope that helps :D

From what I understand, Hollywood Babylon might be candy-sweet because of the strawberry.

Oh yes. Very sweet. I :P it.

And Swank... it's very bubble-gummy to me.

-Leslie

Black Dahlia. it's not fruity nor foody, but overbearingly sweet floral. I tried it once again today to see if I can wear it never the less, but I can't. it's too much. so if you're into something sweet, maybe we could swap? if so, PM me. just it's worth mentioning that I'm in Israel, so I hope the distance is ok.

Wanda is sweet, but not too sweet, however there's a grape bubblegum note to it that I think may appeal to you. that's for swaps too.

Ace of Cups has a heavy cherry-cough-syrup nature that I personally can't handle, and that's up for swaps as well.

YES! Jailbait would be bought by me for sure :P :D

I love sweet scent though I am more on the honey, almond, milk side.

Gluttony is very sweet but not candy like, more toffee, toothace inducing sweet *drool*