Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
any_old_actress

Kweku Anansi

Vetiver, dusty pepper, nutmeg, thyme and grass over a deep, mossy wooden core.

All I smell at first is vetiver. I smelled it as soon as I opened the imp. And then as it's drying... citrus? And something that makes me feel like I have to sneeze. Maybe that's pepper. Something planty in there, too. Whatever that planty part is, I think it's my favorite part of the scent.

Although the other notes give it a nice twang, it seems to be still predominantly vetiver and pepper.

I... I really can't distinguish anything that's in this. It has a sort of heavy, aromatic cloud to it. It's dark but not sinister. I thought it had patchouli in it, but it must be the combination of the pepper, grass, and wood. The vetiver really darkens this and weighs it down. This scent is really too heavy for me but that doesn't mean I don't think it's lovely. :P

Right away when this was wet I was struck by the vetiver and grass notes (I made the notation of "khus?" in my journal). Since this was an unreleased, I was surprised to find the notes listed here when I went up--I actually thought that there was a leathery note emerging on the drydown, but I'll bet that's actually the pepper that I smell. (It still gives the feel of leather!) Like many others have noted, this does primarily seem to be a vetiver/pepper blend, and at some level it really reminds me of Geek without the slightly "alcoholic" feel from the patchouli and resin. It's very clean and one of the better vetiver-based scents that I've tried (usually vetiver goes all crazy on me and I can't stand the green). Given the fact that it is vetiver, I'm surprised by how light it is (granted, I didn't test a lot), but I'm really glad I was able to run some of this down. It's a lovely oil.

-Vetiver, dusty pepper, nutmeg, thyme and grass over a deep, mossy wooden core.-

I definitely get the mossy wooden core with a bit of the pepper. The grass shows up when it's drying down. Very manly.