Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Heavenlyrabbit

Aquarius 2007

Fixed air: the essence of idealism.
Wisteria, myrrh, anise, galbanum, bryony, and pomegranate.

In the bottle: wisteria, myrrh, pomegranate

Wet on skin: slightly balsamic pomegranate, bright blooms of wisteria

Dry: Gorgeous! Gently sweet, ripe pomegranate, lots of balsamic woodlike throw. The wisteria is barely there drifting in myrrh. Light purple and golden red...delicately balanced with fruit, herbs and resins. Sheer optimism personified... :P Edited by Shollin

In the vial: Wisteria and pomegranate. Sweet, tart, fragrant.

Wet: Very pleasant. The fruity note is augmented by anise, the wisteria is in the background cooperating nicely. There's a depth of something I think is going to develop into myrrh.

Half an hour: Oooh. I really like this! It seems to have developed an unaccountable lemony note, but the floral is not dominating the way I feared it would. It's light, well balanced, centered, and pretty.

One hour: Gentle and pretty. I really like this, but I can't pick out any notes in it at all.

Two hours: A little thinner now, a bit woody, and the resin is more evident. I still like it very much, though.

Three hours: It's gone a little woody, almost like sandalwood. But I still like this, much more than I expected to. I may need more.

Four hours: Soured a bit, so it has a short life. But it's so pleasant, I may overlook that.

Seven hours: Still a little bit of herby resin.

Wow, aging has really made a difference to this one. When I first tried it last year (fresh from the lab) I hated it. It was just too sharp and ozone-y for me and if I remember rightly, I had to wash it off because it made me feel ill :sick2:

Now, though, it's so much better, more fruity than before. I can just about smell the anise but it's mainly the pomegranite coming through. It's still got a tough of ozone in the background but it's a lot sweeter and creamier than before. It's definitely airy though so it's a perfect aquarius scent. Not perfect for me, but then again I'm not a proper aquarius <_<

When I first bought this, I was really disappointed. Ozone / aquatic sharp scents aren't my style. But I tried it last night, just to see how it aged.

Fresh on: Is that mint? Like spearmint gum, just a little bit? And light florals, but I can't tell which ones. It's slightly sweet and very clean smelling.

Drydown: The minty gum smell fades away and leaves a clean sweet floral aquatic(!). I'm assuming the floral is wisteria. Clean & sweet are the 2 words that stick. What does it remind me of.....? Something.

Dry: It's still a clean, sweet aquatic, but there's a fruityness to it (the pomegranite, I guess). I don't know where the anise, myrrh or any of the darker notes are. It's a pretty blend, good for warm weather.

Then I knew what it reminded me of: scented laundry detergent. Yup. But really good laundry detergent - the kind where you'd buy the detergent, fabric softener and maybe dryer sheets in that scent because it smells so clean & pretty.

I'm definitely putting it in my "aquatic" rotation for hot weather. I just have to remember to apply lightly.

In the bottle it is somewhat of an incense like scent, and slightly floral.

On me it would seem the myrrh and pomegranate are up front, but the wisteria is definitely there as well. It smells very much like a sweet, but somewhat tart, floral incense.

Wisteria and pomegranate are the most prominent notes. Somehow on me it kinda smells like some sort of bathroom cleanser.

GRRR.

Bottle: Pomegranate, wisteria, and a sharp hit of either myrrh or anise?

Wet: Something sort of minty or...ack, something out of my childhood but I can't quite identify it. Wisteria is pretty solid.

Drydown: Menthol! Something in this reminds me of menthol! The wisteria has knocked the pomegranate out.

Dry: Oooh the pomegranate returns! There's an herbal tint to the juicy, floralness, but I'm liking this.

My rating: 4/5

As an Aquarius I was PRAYING that I would love this scent, and I do! It's complex on me, the fruit jumps out as does the scent of incense. I definitely get the ozone that some others are mentioning.