Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In the bottle: Pure, sharp mint - somewhere between the spearmint and peppermint

Wet on skin: Mint, mint and more mint? I can't even pick out the other notes, though I'm starting to get a hint of lemon

Dried down: The mint smell continues to linger in my nose, but when sniffing my wrists, I get more of the lemony scent, and possibly a bit of floral and chamomile. It's just hard for me to pick those notes out with the mint in the way. Not that I mind to much. I like mint. This definitely smells like stress relief, which I can appreciate.

Throw: Again, the mint just kind of lingers in my nose, so I might be off on this. I don't think this has much of a throw on me, otherwise.

Verdict: **** 1/* for pure mint heaven. I like the lemony floral scent as well, but I'll be opening this bottle for the mint.

Received an imp in a swap.

Now, this blend is five years old so I have no idea if the fact that my read on it is SO different than anyone else's has to do with the aging process or just my body chemistry or inability to "read" notes correctly, but here goes.

IN THE IMP: A combination of mint and "new car smell." Not leather, just car.

Dabbed on wrist and in crook of arm.

WET: Yup. Mint, ozone and ... new car. Or, more specifically, the smell at a car dealership. I don't know what it is. Motor oil? Cleaning fluid? New seats?

DRYDOWN: The initial drydown stays true to the impressions and images I got when wet and I do not likey at all. Even though, you know, I like new cars. And I like new car smell. But this, as I realize, isn't really "new car smell." It's definitely "new car dealership smell."

However, I don't wash it off and this is where it gets odd. Sometimes I will like something when wet but not like the drydown but this is one of the rare times when the opposite sort of happens. Several hours later, while my application of jasminey Muse on the other arm is still going strong (too strong), the Stress Relief Elixir has disappeared completely from my wrist but the scent in the crook of my arm is ... well, really good. Not a 5, mind you, but very nice. I am guessing this must be the rose geranium, which I wouldn't recognize if it walked into my study and said, "Hi, I'm rose geranium" (though that would be weird). See, if I could just make the whole wet stage go away, I might keep this and just dab it on my sweat points (which is why I try things in the crook of my arm, because they last longer there and often smell different ... if it REALLY works, it will go in the cleavage on next application).

OVERALL: Well, much as I don't hate it, I don't think I want to worry about the initial and middle stages so this goes off to swap box land.

On a scale of 1-5, a 2 for the first 5 hours or so, a 3 on late drydown in the crook and a 2.5 overall.