Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A scent of hedonistic, uninhibited joy: bamboo reed, plum blossom, persimmon, magnolia, black pine, sweet osmanthus, flowering cherry, mandarin orange, wisteria, and yuzu.

Sniffed: A lush, green fruity-floral that reminds me of the fruits in Aizen-Myoo.

On skin: I think this is the best fruity/floral blend I've smelled! Tanuki is light, bright, clear and zesty, a bounty of well-blended tart-sweet fruits that manages to be both green and orange at the same time. It has the smooth, liquid depth of similar Asian-themed blends (such as Aizen-Myoo, Holiday Moon, Kumiho), but is also sparkling and light-hearted. The scent tones down over time and loses some of the zest, but doesn't morph much. Colour impression is bright, sparkling orange, maybe touched with green and yellow.

Verdict: I'm so pleased that I've found a fruity-floral that is so complex, bold and filled with character! (Most fruity-florals tend to be too simple or too vague and uninteresting.) Tanuki is complex yet well-blended, extravagantly fruity-floral yet also grounded and persistent on my skin. If you like the "Asian" blends mentioned above, this is a fine family member and is totally worth trying.

Hey! Sweet, fruity -- wait,is that cherry blossom? And a hint of pine? Bamboo, definitely, bright and green and wet. Aaaand then some plum blossom and wisteria, taking this to the land of dryer sheets. But not entirely in a bad way.

As it dries, the mandarin and yuzu step up with the magnolia. It gets to be quite the fruity party in here for a while. If I were to give this one a color, it would be that particular peachy-orange color that peaches get colored in a lot of anime. It's not peach-scented at all, but it's that kind of color, and it's that kind of scent -- very bright and lively.

The pine remains an undertone throughout the entire wearlength, just kind of chillin' in the background keeping all those flowers and fruits grounded.

This is, overall, a really fun scent, bright and pleasant. It softens considerably after a half-hour or so, but it never gets dark or heavy. Optimal for days when you haven't seen the sun for over a week and you're starting to get a little grim. Pop this on your wrists and you'll remember that things aren't too bad.

Doesn't last a hugely long time, not much throw, and I confess I really like the earlier stages more than the later drydown. This is one I may scent-locket, just to keep it in the damp stage for longer.

not surprisingly this reminds me somewhat of kitsune tsuki, though it has a stronger green note (the bamboo Ii'm guessing) I had some concerns about "black pine" (I believe it was thanatopisis? that had some kind of pine in it that had me wheezing and scrubbing my arms frantically with oxyclean) but so far it has not attacked!!

to be honest it's a so evenly blended mix of florals it's hard to pull out particular note other than the bamboo and a bit of persimmon tang amongst the florals. Magnolia does stand out a touch as does the wisteria. My aunt had a magnolia I often climbed into and sat on the limbs and read in the summer and the arbor we had on the patio had wisteria climbing all over it so while swinging in the hammock and reading I know that scent very well.. Frankly knowing what I've read about tanuki I expected to this be a bit more masculine but I am quite pleased with it. It is VERY floral but not cloyingly so and it doesn't have that sour undertaste that store bought floral type perfumes typically develop. It is bright and sharp and crisp and clean and and I think the yuzu is in the back giving it a little whipcrack to keep it from getting to sweet :whip:

I wish Mom were still here to try this, she probably would have loved this as much as Kitsune Tsuki (one of the few perfumes that smelled good on both of us)

would love to keep a bottle of this to hand.

Wet: I was worried about all those florals, but my chemistry's love of pine is making this a surprsingly woody floral. I am getting osmanthus for sure and while usually that floral goes right to my head, it is behaving quite nicely.

Drying: This is becoming more of a bland white floral now, which is a shame. The wet stage was nice, but the drydown is everything I hate about white floral. off it goes.

Just purchased from the Etsy shop, and it's lovely. The pine is the tangy center pole that the other sweet & fruity notes dance around. Not especially long-lasting, but a lot of fun while it lasts 😊.

Wet: Juicy, green, and fruity. Nice!

Dry: The scent has faded quite a bit. This is mostly just bamboo now, with a hint of florals. Too bad, the wet stage was SO nice.

Edited by donkehpoo

Juicy, happy, bright fruity floral. It's reminiscent of kitsune-tsuki but leans more fruity. It's got a similar vibe to orchids. 

Mostly, I smell sweet plum, cherry blossom, and sweet citrus. There's a dash of pine in the back just giving the whole thing a bit of a scratchiness. 

I don't wear this one all that often, but it's still an enjoyable part of my collection. 

The plum blossom, which smells like it has some plum skin scent to it, is the dominant note when applied, with whiffs of the mandarin orange, pine, and yuzu. Then the cherry emerges and overtakes the plum blossom as the main player, and the citrus notes have also increased in strength. It ends up being mostly a citrusy floral on me, with some surprisingly well-behaved wisteria in this one.

I like this enough to hold onto my decant, but I don't feel the need to hunt down a bottle of this one.