Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

White, for acting in good conscience and doing our best to give back to the community.
Frangipani, magnolia, cotton flower, osmanthus, crystal musk, ambrette, white orchid, sugar cane, davana, white sandalwood, petitgrain, lavender, and lotus root.

I do believe that this is the cleanest bpal that i have every smelled. It smells like white, fresh cotton thats been just dried in the sunshine!! And it holds this smell with out turning out a chemical note that can make you sick. I love it! :P :D :D

On me, this is sweet, white cotton floral. I feel there are certain similiarities in the floralness of this blend and Blue Moon 2007, like they share a number of floral components.

If you like sweet, fragrant white cotton flowers, this one is for you.

In bottle: clean, pure, sweet, the same gentle lavender note as The Oblation.

Wet on skin: lavender and magnolia (like Yvaine). Otherwise it's very white and clean and soapy. A good throw develops, but it tickles my nose like dryer sheets or soapsuds.

Dry on skin: close to the skin is an icky (pooey?) note I rightly or wrongly associate with jasmine. The throw is still very clean - too clean! It smells vaguely institutional or like laundry detergent. It's not unpleasant - it just has bad associations for me.

Later: the white (crystal) musk is cool and almost minty, and the ickiness has subsided. it's cottony vanilla sweet, without being the least bit foody - like freshly laundered cotton bedsheets or baby powder. The drydown is good enough to warrant a second test, but I don't think this is for me.

In bottle: The lavender's coming through really strongly. It actually sort of reminds me of laundry detergent.

Wet: Where did the lavender go? Now it's much sweeter and floral - I think that's the magnolia, and the sugar cane rather than the lotus root. Still detergent-esque, though.

Dry: Very light, slightly sweet floral. I think the orchid's here, and the crystal musk, maybe? And the lavender again. I like it as a nice clean scent - it reminds me a lot of Dirty, and I think it'll be good in this neverending muggy heat that's masquerading as a fall.

A light, sweet herbal floral. Does that make sense? Hope so, cause that's all I've got on this one, folks! :P

ADDED Feb. 13:

weird. i smell this metallic note when I sniff the bottle. uh oh....but....oh....stop the presses.......wait! it's gone away! ooh....this is getting sweeter....me likey! A sweet yet sharp floral musk that softens up with time. Very beautiful!

Bottle: clean, but not soap, floral, but not cloying

Wet on Me: wee whisps of the musk and sandalwood at first

Drying Down: this is a lovely ethereal type blend. Still a gentle lovely scent

Dry: everything plays nicely with each other in this one. No one more than the other for my nose. Just clean and gentle floral that surrounds you with smiles.

I recently received a bottle of White Phoenix in a trade, and I have to say that I am not at all disappointed!

In the Bottle: Flowers, Sweets, and a bit of something else that reminds me of the color green.

Wet: The perfect perfume! It doesn't give me a headache at all when smelling it wet. Yay!

Dry: I can smell a bit of lavender and sandalwood mostly. Also, something sweet still. Blends perfectly to create the smell of a tame, sweet floral.

Fading: Sandalwood and sugar.

Overall comments: One of my new favorites! I am going to be so sad when this bottle runs out.

In the imp: Bright, sharp florals; I can pick out the orchid but everything else is blending

Wet on skin: Still sharply floral but now softened by the musk; white and glittering, beautifully feminine and clean

Dry on skin: Softer now, still floral but also with a linen note. This is absolutely gorgeous. I've been looking for a clean scent like this for aeons...and here it is!

Lasts more than eight hours on me, becoming more cottony and less floral with time.

Yeah, I'm scouring the forum for more of this.

A very gentle, white floral--soft; I smell some vanilla in my bottle too. The imp I have is slightly spicier...once the bottle ages to the same level the whole thing will be gorgeous! Yay!

First sniff: I adore the phoenix made of snowflakes on the label. The scent in the bottle is very white indeed, and very very sweet.

Wearing: A very strong white floral sweetness with a sun-on-snow brilliance. It’s dazzlingly beautiful, but it’s just too much.

This is a beautiful, sweet white floral. It's one of those rare florals that hardly even smells like a floral to my nose. It definately smells like alot of things all at once...but it's hard to describe.

I would say that I can smell magnolia...but it's wrapped in sugar and has a fresh tang behind it. So..even though it's floral it's..disguised.

This is indeed very very beautiful, it's sophisticated and I thought this was going to be a bucket of white petals dumped on my head. Instead it's sweet and kind ethereal, and I think layered with White Moon this could become even more lovely!

It doesn't last that long on me unfortunately, and it's not the nicest of the phoenix's (Pink, Green & Candy = :yum: ) but still gorgeous!!

The dry stage is just as pretty as the wet stage, it loses a bit of sweetness but remains a white, light floral that I would put in the same family as The Unicorn.

:P

Edited by ouch!

Frangipane, Magnolia AND Cottonflower.. :wub2:

well, about description for me this is not gonna get any better :laugh:

the scent itself is (as expected) GORGEOUS on my skin!

Magnolia's bloom and the rest is lingering in the best way you could imagine

I love this and I I guess that I will keep my bottle till the last drop

I should have trusted my instincts and bought a bottle of this when it came out! It's so pretty and just about the most comforting BPAL blend around. Definitely getting frangipani, davana, vanilla, magnolia, and sugar cane...lots of clean, white notes. This is gorgeous! I'll be getting a bottle at the next given opportunity! :wub2:

So glad I managed to score a partial bottle - I get a lot of the cotton scent (which I apparently like, reminding me of the linen in Sir Hugh's long & winding sheet). All notes I love - a perfect light scent. I will most def. have to drag it out as the summer hits its peak! :D

This is a light slightly sweet white floral. I can smell the cotton and lavender and a bit of sandalwood and some other floral.

This is a lovely scent, and I'm so glad I scored a bottle. I see myself wearing this often. I was hoping for more of a floral kick, but the crystal musk and sugar cane really are the stand-out notes for me... Not the holy grail floral scent I was looking for, but beautiful all the same - definitely a keeper!

White Phoenix

This is a light and fluffy, sweet, slightly-powdery floral. The cotton blossom dominates, supported by the ambrette, sandalwood, and musk.

I've had White Phoenix for a little while now without testing it, and decided on a whim to try it today. I'm so glad I did! It's absolutely lovely!

In the bottle it smells quite chemically, which is probably what put me off at first.

Once on my skin though, it morphs into this gorgeous soft, clean floral scent. It's not overpowering, but is slightly powdery, which isn't a bad thing.

I'm not a massive lavender fan and I can smell it coming out ever so slightly, but I think the sugar and cotton even it all out and make it perfect!

It has good lasting power too!

I was apprehensive about the lotus root in this one, knowing that lotus flower is incredibly sweet. It seems I had cause to be so, lotus root is also very sweet. But not so much that it ruins the blend. This one is fresh out of the post box so it may settle into something better yet. Fingers crossed. At the moment there is nothing offensive about it, it's just so light that i can't smell it on my skin. I get a vague hint of something sweet but that's pretty much it. Will revisit in a few days.

After letting it settle for a few hours I smell something familiar.....magnolia. Strong magnolia! :wub: That unmistaken heady, velvety spicey scent that reminds me of whipped cream. The linden and other flowers imparts of slight cottony twist to it, but this BPAL on me is mostly straight up magnolia which honestly I couldn't be happier about. Magnolia is a love note for me. Magnolia isn't blooming on my skin today the way it normally does but I'm confident that on my uber-sweet skin days this one will positively glow on me just like Yvaine.

Ok, this was obviously a good swap for me....happiness. The label art is gorgeous too, a phoenix made from snow flakes on it.

Revisted This one has hit my all time favourite BPALs list. On me this is heady, spicy exotic magnolia that wafts and wafts without knocking anyone else out. My coworker loves it and asked me what it is. I have to remember that scents smell significantly different on my arms than they do on my torso. I now exclusively wear scents sprayed onto my torso only now because they last better and smell beautiful there. After I fell in love with Yvaine I was looking for another scent that was all magnolia, my search is over. This one is never sweet on me just lush and creamy and spicey.

Edited by HamletsKeeper

I love frangipani (I had a bottle of frangipani shower gel that I absolutely couldn't get enough of, and wished that there was a perfume that smelled the same so I could wear it), so this really caught my eye, and I jumped at the chance for a partial bottle. In the bottle, whoa florals, with a very soft, sweet note underneath. The flowers come out to play when it's wet on skin. At that point it's so strong it's almost jarring, but thankfully it settles down to a really gorgeous blend, and my body finds something really creamy in this.

Never could single out the frangipani, but in this case, not a huge loss :) Will definitely be on the hunt for a full bottle now.

In the bottle: Not very strong in the bottle. Sandalwood, a bouquet of white flowers and a hint of musk.

On: Incredibly faint floral at first, but gains a bit in throw as it dries. I can definitely detect the sandalwood and musk. The florals stay a bouquet, I can't pick out the single notes. It's still rather close to the skin. According to the husband, it's soapy, though it doesn't leave that impression for me.

Later: Gone. It seems we weren't meant to be.

Wet: Light florals, and musk.

Dry: My skin has almost completely eaten this scent. :( It's a shame really, because the scent is lovely. I can faintly smell a light floral, with a slightly musky background. I think I can pick out the sandalwood, as well. This is one of those rare floral blends that does NOT turn to soap on my skin.

3/5

Lovely, but I won't be holding on to it.

In decant: ohhh, this is so nice. It's a gentle, light floral, mostly white with a few hints of pale colors. Nice! Why did I not test this before?

Wet on skin: right off, I can tell that the white sandalwood grounds this and makes it a bit dry, white the florals are so...beautiful, and light, and uplifting. The florals are well blended, there is not one that lords over the rest to my nose: there's a bit of spice, a bit of sweetness, a bit of a bite, and oh! Is that the crystal musk? It's GORGEOUS. OH MY I WANT THIS NAO.

Dry: musky-soft florals, with a slight powderiness that isn't out of place. Oh love. It's a very pretty musky floral, well balanced, and delicate-feeling but ever so present and with a smile that makes you wonder if it knows more than it's letting on. As it stays on my skin, the throw intensifies, but sadly there's this weird sour/grandmothery vibe that has started to bother me: one of those flowers aren't playing well, or possibly the petitgrain; and I'm betting whatever makes some white musks turn grandmothery on me, something of that is in this crystal musk.

Verdict: I was quite, quite sad upon finding that sour/grandmothery thing at the later stages. It was such, such a pretty blend before that, and I was already planning to update my ISOs and decant this wonderful thing into a roller bottle for my own use. Sigh, the horrors of skin chem :(

i have really been getting into scents that epitomize "white" or pale ethereal scents, so i figured this might fall into that category. white phoenix kind of exhibits this, but not till it's been on my skin for about half an hour. before that i get a slightly sour floral...probably from the magnolia, i'm guessing. i am sensing little frangipani, if any and a hint of osmanthus. i am not getting the orchid or lavender strongly. by the time it's dry, it's a powdery floral, i think it's mostly cotton flower and crystal musk with a hint of white sandalwood. i like this phase the best, thankfully, and i like it A LOT, i am just not sure if it's worth waiting through the initial sour-floral phase. i feel like i've tried another similar scent, maybe enraged bunny musk(?) but it's been so long that i've tried it that i can't be sure.

Frangipani dominant with a tiny bit of magnolia. Cotton flower makes it a tiny bit powdery. As it dries the light musk and lavender come out a bit more. Nice, light floral, not too heady at all, but not something I need a lot of. Would be good for professional days