Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
any_old_actress

Autumn Scents - recommend the ones you love

i crave september, what scents will tide me over for a few more months? i didn't like zombi and i don't want anything too foody. i want authentic, or close to it, autumn.

i crave september, what scents will tide me over for a few more months? i didn't like zombi and i don't want anything too foody. i want authentic, or close to it, autumn.

You'll have to kill someone for their bottle of Samhain.

:P

Ace of Pentacles is pretty earthy and dead leafy, with a sort of musky undertone that's very pleasant. It reminds me a bit of the smell of raking leaves; the underneath part of them where the leaf pile interfaces with the dirt.

or...maybe beth will just whip up a batch asap for me?  :D

you and everyone else! :P :D

if they re-release samhain this spring, it's gonna be gone sooo quickly...

I second the Jack suggestion. I've never tried Samhain. I used to wear a Fall scent by DSH Essense Oils called Halloween and it was Autumny, warm and spicy.

Haunted comes to my mind when I think of Autumn (which it is here now). Makes me think of walking down a tree covered path, leafs blowing around my feet in the cold breeze.

Well ... sad to say, Samhain wasn't near what my brain thought it was going to be. So. I'm in search of other Autumnal scents. I'd -love- to get my paws on an imp of Spooky, if any kind soul would like to be so kind. I have Jack on order .. but are there any others out there that cry 'Autumn' or better yet 'Halloween/October' to anyone?

I likely won't be ordering these until like ... August .. or whenever the next update is .. probably more likely the beginning of August, regardless of the next update. But I'd like to get an idea what else I can look for.

someone mentioned that the ace of pentacles was autumny - that's in my next purchase. so if you haven't already, try that one maybe... :P

Hmm. That's a toughie. Personally, I associate Autumn with earthier scents...I haven't had the chance to try any of these yet, but a few searches turned up things like:

Belladonna

Burial

Djinn

Zombi

The Hesperides

Ulalume

These all sound like my kind of Autumn scents.

*eyes her "to order" list :P and considers a few additions*

Also, Old Venice is, to me, Autumn in Europe. Probably not what you're looking for, but I thought I'd mention it! :D

Well, I've tried Burial, Zombi and Old Venice. All to rosey to be Autumn to me. Djinn and the Hesperides are on order .. as is Ulalume. I'll have to add Belladonna to my list though .. if it's not already there. Thanks hun!

someone mentioned that the ace of pentacles was autumny - that's in my next purchase. so if you haven't already, try that one maybe... :P

I'll have to look for that one too. I want to try all the Tarot scents eventually, anyhow. Thanks!

I haven't received my Imp of it yet so I'm not positive that this is true but I do think Scarecrow sounds like it will be very autumn-ee. :D

Yeah, this one's already on order too! *grins*

Tarot The World, perhaps. I love it so much for year round use, but if I had to put a season to it, autumn would be it.

Also Damnation, it reminds me of the burning leaves on a cold day smell.

I can see The Scarecrow as an autumn scent, but only an early autumn scent and if you're from a state where it stays hot until pretty late in the year. There was a lot of dry heat in it, on me at least. Somewhat like September. It's still pretty hot here (in Oklahoma) then.

I'm putting my first bpal order list together now (and boy, it is hard!!!) and was a little bit wondering... My favourite season of the year is Autumn, there's nothing more marvelous for me then to see the leaves turning into those beautiful colours and to curl up on the couch with a cup of tea and a good book, while the rain is ticking on the window. But I haven't found the perfect embodiment in scent for this season yet.

What scent do you think embodies the spirit of autumn?

Edited by Murron

haunted and velvet are going to be my fall scents of choice