Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Tramp

Lady Una

Honey musk, green tea leaf, blackberry leaf, vanilla bean, and fae spices.

I have seen several reviews where Lady Una smelled of dreaded cat pee. I have to say that I would LOVE it if this scent smelled like cat pee, because then that would mean that all the litter boxes in my house smell like cotton candy (and don't I wish?). In the imp and wet, I get fluffy, sweet cotton candy, ethereal and beautiful. On the drydown, the honeyed vanilla step to the forefront. The fragrance is lovely.

i started testing this one while i was reading reviews for it, so i was not aware of what can happen with this one until it happened to me...

wet, oh this is gorgeous...honey musk and vanilla bean, that is exactly what i am smelling. the honey musk is the full note of this scent, a huge fluffy blanket that supports (and carries a strong throw for) the vanilla, under which the blackberry leaf comes out. the blackberry is similar to glasgow but it is much stronger than that, prolly made stronger by the green tea leaf, which usually goes sour on me. and fuck. oh no, please! i was loving this scent- i hate you, green tea. :P the green tea is coming alive and sour, marring the beauty of lady una.

...at about this time, i read slave1's review calling it the cat piss note and yes, that is what it is. urine de meow meow. ugh...

no matter, this one is so nice that i am going to have to get a scent locket to win it over. for those of you that can wear this scent without the tragedy that i experienced, thank your stars cos it is too beautiful to ignore. if the notes sound good to you, try a decant of it-it's worth it. :D

In the imp, the honey musk is the first thing I get, and then it's the vanilla bean.

On my skin, it's definitely very honey-y and musk-y; I'm not getting the leaves, but I do still smell the vanilla and now the spices.

Dry, it's settled down into a very rich, very warm, very soft scent - all honey and vanilla on my skin. It's nice, but not a wow! scent.

Wet, this is the same baked goods note I loved in Knave of Hearts. There's a subtle floral scent in the background.

Dry, the baked smell becomes more spicy. The blackberry stays in the background on me, and after a few hours it's all spice. Not one I wear all the time, but I do reach for it once in a while.

In bottle/imp: Blackberries and honey. The honey smells quite powdery.

Immediately on skin: This is a very sweet blend with quite a bit of dusty, powdery honey and soft blackberry. The vanilla bean is very creamy and acts as a nice base.

After a few minutes: This has gotten sweeter on my skin and the blackberry is more evident now. The blackberry note doesn’t smell green though; it smells like the fruit through and through (there’s even the hint of cat pee I sometimes get from other blackberry bath and body products). The honey is probably the strongest note still though, mixed with the vanilla bean. It’s creamy, sweet, and musky, but also very powdery and dry.

Overall Impressions: This scent is creamy musky honey and blackberry with a base of vanilla. This is a nice scent, and I could see why some people would go crazy over it, but it smells a bit off to me. I have issues with honey scents, and in this that note is quite powdery. But on someone who likes honey and doesn’t have an issue with blackberry notes smelling of cat pee, this could be downright gorgeous.

In vial: wow! Very perfumey, very pretty!

Wet on skin: Honey, musky, leafy, vanilla-y, spicy, juicy, yummy!

Dry on skin: very pale and cool and sweet and sophisticated. Not much throw at all, which is disappointing, because this is lovely! Great for summer! This reminds me of Kali, so if you like that, you'll probably like this. However the second time I wore it, it was disgustingly cloying and sickly and it has remained so ever since!

For the record, I can't smell blackberries or cat pee!

No blackberries, no catpee nothing off-putting at all.

Add me to the list of people that are in love with Lady Una. I get honey'd perfumed fruits grounded by spice. I'll have to see what the boyfriend thinks, but I'm going to use up this entire bottle and if it's still around by then, I'll order another.

I'm not normally a foody person but it's so tamed by the fruit that this is just perfect. This may be my new favorite summer scent.

Edited by Summerpixy

I got a sniffy of this, and I can tell this is what Lady Una will eventually age into. It's a thick scent. It's pretty heavy on the spices--smells kind of like honeyed molasses, a bit like snickerdoodle cookies, with the brighter note of tea lifting it up.

Not my thing, but it's making me curious about a fresh sample. I definitely want to try that.

Oh, deliciousness.

Lady Una reminds me of Dorian, probably because of the vanilla + tea scent combination. It even manages to have the same sugar cookie vibe going on, which I decided was too much for me in Dorian (and now I am seriously reconsidering.) At any rate, it opens with a ton of berry-honey teacake on my skin, light but decadent, and completely toothsome. As it settles, I smell more berry: a deep purple blackberry scent, not especially sharp, but very juicy. However, it's enveloped in creamy vanilla, and I do think I smell a touch of those fairy spices.

The last few times I wore Lady Una, it disappeared fairly quickly from my skin, so today I've got it in a scent locket as well as on my neck, the crooks of my arms, and wrists. In the locket, it's got a much berrier-er note going on, sweet with honey and musk. Ahhh. I like it in both incarnations. :P

The blackberry leaf is by far the strongest note for me at first, followed by a little bit of vanilla bean. But the blackberry in it smells a whole lot like MB Closet without the booze. (For some reason blackberry notes are always unbelievably strong on my skin.) Except it's muskier and drier. Personally, I like this one better than Closet. It's much more wearable for me. I like the brightness of it with the dry leafy notes, slight spices, and smooth honey. It's a good combination.

This is definitely an interesting scent, but I'd have to try it a few more times to find out whether it feels like it's at home on me. I know I like it, I'm just not sure it fits me.

For the record, my husband says he likes this one a lot. :P

Slightly musky, definite vanilla, definite blackberry. The tea leaf doesn't take over, and in fact I can't even smell it. It's gorgeous and completely worth charging on my credit card. My only regret with this blend is that it doesn't last long on my skin.

Based on the notes, this scent could have been designed for me. Yummy honey musk, blackberry, greenness/teaness, spices. :P

In actuality, this is a very subtle scent, that while very lovely, doesn't last very long on my skin and doesn't pack much punch. It's understated, reminds me quite a bit of Bewitched, just sweeter and smoother.

I think I was hoping for a more complex, bold Bewitched, which this isn't quite. Actually someone told me this resembles The Oblation, minus the lavender, which I agree with to some extent, but I also feel it lacks something compared to that scent.

HOWEVER, this is a lovely scent in it's own right, and I'm not at all sorry I found my partial bottle. I can slather it on, and enjoy a lovely scent for at least a little while before it fades.

OH YES! :P

Subtle spiced honey with a touch of blackberry and a tinge of tea to bring it back to earth and keep you from having a toothache. I agree with the aforementioned likeness to Dorian but less floral and more honey. Gimme more nowwwwww!!!

So pretty.. it's Dorian's female counterpart. Welcome aboard Miss... we've been waitin for ya!

Woah Nelly! This is strong stuff. I put only a little on and it was overpowering though in a good way. No cat pee here, just strong, thick, sweet honey with some blackberry cream on drydown. Whoever described this as smelling just like a honey cake was right on the money with my skin's reaction. I'm glad I have a bottle of this! It's delightful :P

Some sharper smells later on in dry stage that may be the fairy spices poking their head in.

On me, this is blackberry/ musk initially, then saccharine/ vanilla honey blackberry with a musk that comes & goes. Summery, young, fun, gourmand, with enough musk here and there to keep it from going little girl. This is juicy ripe blackberries covered in honey with vanilla ice cream, and a touch of your golden musky skin warmed by the sun while you picked those blackberries.

Whatever you do don't wear this in the sweltering heat, I did and it about made me sick. Too cloying for really hot days, but lovely for early summer, and autumn. I really like this, but I don’t love it. It could use a little more golden musk. When the musk is equal with the vanilla honey blackberries, it's perfect. But when it decides to go away for a bit this become a little too gourmand for me.

This is my first foray into gourmand, well since girlhood when I wore cotton candy and fruity body sprays, and now I'm pretty sure I can pull them off when they are paired with something else. Since I wasn't here when single notes were around, and since they aren't around now I don't feel quite so blasphemous to suggest I might pair Lady Una with a little Egyptian Goddess, instead of lamenting over not having one of Beth's golden musk single notes to layer with.

I wish I got fruit. I was hoping for fruit.

What this is, on me at least, is basically a sort of 'Queen Alice' blend... it's not quite the same, but it has that same powdery-vanilla quality, and a bunch of other things that hide behind the powdery-vanilla and refuse to show their faces.

It's got a certain Antique Lace quality too, but again... I don't know. It's a bit too 'grandmotherly' for my druthers, though I suppose it fits the theme of a mature lady. I just get the Dowager Duchess not a fairy queen.

Ah well, can't win them all...

Out of the decant, this is a honeyed vanilla with tea, in the vein of aged Dorian – no, really, that’s what it mostly reminds me of. Mmmm.

Wet on my skin, what must be the blackberry leaf makes itself a bit more present – along with the green tea – to add just a teensy bit of green/herbalness to this. I'm now getting shades of Bewitched, which I quite like. It is very pretty.

In the throw, though, the greenish/blackberry note is not as pretty as it is up close. It isn’t gross, but it’s a bit more sour. I do get a bit of the spice, but not a lot (my fiancé smells more of the spice than I do).

Well, I guess this one is going onto my bottle list! <3

Sweet, but much lighter than I was expecting... the stickiness of the honey is diluted in the fresher tea notes. Lady Una sparkles. Looking at the notes list I suspected this one might be a big bottle purchase, now that I've tried it I know it is!

Oooh, this is so gorgeous. A blackberry green tea blend with a hint of sweetness from vanilla bean and honey musk. There is this wet, dew like quality that has a certain greeness to it, and an element of spice.

From first sniff to initial application I can not help but see a simalarity to LUSH's The Comforter bubble bar, lotion and shower gel. Lady Una layers beautifully with the latter, and while there is a sweetness to it, there is also a sour/tart vibe.

I was worried the honey musk and vanilla bean would go funky, but am delighted to report that only add sweetness to the tart blackberry green tea.

My first thought when I opened the bottle of Lady Una was that it smelled like honey and something nice to drink. I think what registered as "boozy" was actually the blackberry scent, upon further reading of people's reviews.

However... it started out a fruity, sweet scent with just a touch of an edge to it--probably the tea or blackberry leaves.

This scent stayed remarkably true to form for about 2½ hours, and then, all of a sudden, it up and quit on me. All I got was the slightly-dusty, almost burnt, scent that I've come to expect from my skin when anything with a "fresh green" note hits it. In this case, I suspect it may have been the green tea leaf.

So... though I loved the first 2 hours of Lady Una, I'm not fond of the end results. I may try using a scent locket... perhaps without my green-hating skin chemistry interfering, I can enjoy this scent for longer.

In Vial: Wonderfully fresh and fruity

Wet: Yummy fresh fruits with what seems to be a hint of mint. Almost fruit candy sweet.

Dry: This gets very soft but is still incredibly yummy!

Oh, this is so good.

Notewise, this has everything I love. If this didn't work on me I would be both surprised and very upset. Luckily I was not disappointed.

From in the bottle to wet on my skin to dry, this is fabulous. A honey musk base to start, then the green tea and blackberry work their way in, with the vanilla bean providing sweetness but not too much. And the spices poke their head up way late in the drydown.

I want to lick my arm this is so good.

I have a partial, but I don't know how long it will last, because I keep dabbing this on once my scent of the day has worn off.

Me likey. And I will definately be getting a full bottle sometime soon.

In the bottle, Lady Una is so sweet she smells like cake, almost like Eat Me. On me she dries down to a mellower vanilla-honey with a weeeeee bit of blackberry. Not much of the spices and if I didn't know the green tea was there, I'd never think of it at all; it does make an appearance, briefly, when I've just applied, but it goes poof soon after that. I wish there was more blackberry (I :P blackberry), but as it's really blackberry leaf, I can't complain too much. There's an astringent quality to balanace out the sweetness that works, even if I don't always want it there. :D

In the bottle, Lady Una smells strongly of... buttered cat pee? I was so hesitant to put this on, but I wanted blackberries so badly that I put a few dabs on. Once on the skin, I thought that I thought I'd made a horrible mistake. The butter seemed to get heavier and the pee smell morphed sickeningly. Then suddenly, two minutes later, it was better. It was lovely, in fact! The buttery smell blended into those lovely sweet berries, and the tea smell came out. I smelled like my favourite Black Currant Tea with a lovely slice of cake. It doesn't seem to be a strong scent or have a lot of throw on me, it eventually fades into vanilla and honey, which is nice.

I'd have to say that Lady Una is deceptive for me. If you sniff it and get a whiff of yuck, try a dab on your skin before giving up entirely. She may just surprise you and come around for a lovely tea party :P

Imp: Blackberries, honey, and vanilla. I wish I could make a dessert with all those in it. Must not drink this, though

Wet: Berries and something flower-y. Honey isn't kicking all the other notes' asses, so it's really balanced on my skin.

Dry: Berry with the lightness of green tea moreso than the actual scent of it. Honey is still playing nice and not obliterating all the other notes. I'd definitely call this a berry-centric scent.

Overall: I love it! It's a very ladylike scent with plenty of throw. It's likable enough that it won't send others running for the hills to get away, but it is memorable. A great, grown up lady scent for every day