Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ravenfeathers

Lick It One More Time

Every holiday season should be full of lewd suggestions and filthy double entendres, right? This is a new take on Lick It and Lick It Again -- a peppermint candy cane with a flash of vanilla and an extra jolt of sugar.

in the bottle i like this reinterpretation much better than the original Lick It! the earlier version decant i got was pure peppermint with just a drop of sweet smooth vanilla. This is much softer, much smoother, and more like a candy-cane.
wet on skin the wet phase is undeniably wet and smells like nothing less than the breath of someone who has been eating peppermint sticks.
dry on skin the peppermint remains smooth and foody-minty without a hint of toothpasty mint. the vanilla smooths it out nicely, keeping it from being a heavy, unwieldy mint. it's incredibly, fantastically sweet.

one bottle of this may not actually be enough!

note to mods: i did an exhaustive search, but couldn't find the thread for the new formulation. please merge, with my apologies, if i missed it.

In the bottle: Sharp peppermint! Clears my sinuses. :D

On me: Definitely minty and actually kind of soft. Strangely enough, the first Lick It incarnation was the sweetest of the three to my nose. I only had a sniffie of Lick It Again, but both that and Lick It One More Time are sharper and less sweet to me. LIOMT, though, is definitely the softest of the three though. They all smell like candy cane to me! :D

Drydown: Relatively faint now. I have LI and LIOMT about 6 inches apart on my arm for comparative purposes. LI has a sweeter drydown and LIOMT has a different kind of sugar in it, I think, because it's very faint now.

I may swap this b/c I like LI 05 better, and the bottle I have of it serves me well. I will keep this for a while though to retest and see if I have a different chemistry day. I definitely love the smell! I just wish it would last longer. :P

bottle: ultra-sharp peppermint, like sticking a candy cane up my nose!

wet: super-minty and wonderful! this is less vanilla-y than tokyo stomp and reminds me a bit of grr (only stronger).

dry: still minty. this just stays crisp and minty on me for hours. love it, will definitely need another bottle.

In the bottle:

Sharp and minty.

Wet:

This seems a little more strongly pepperminty to me than Lick It Again, so far.

Dry:

This is definitely more minty than Lick It Again. But still yummy, although it goes pretty faint on my skin on the drydown.

This is amazing. It is everything I was hoping Tokyo Stomp would be and more. It most definitely smells like a delicious candy cane and makes me my mouth water like CRAZY. A definite keeper!

In the bottle: A candy cane. Spot on - more so than either of the previous Lick It incarnations. Unwrap a candy cane and sniff - that's what this smells like in the bottle. :D

On: Oh dear, this is the first Lick It variation that doesn't work on my skin! :P The peppermint, which was somewhat of a softened scent in the bottle goes a bit harsh on me, and the sugar amps up. Sugar is a note that is very hit or miss for me - sometimes it's great, othertimes it's really not good on me. Unfortunately this one just isn't right for me - it's no longer the lovely candy cane it was from the bottle - now it's clashing harsh peppermint and sugar.

Dry: It's not until it's dry that the vanilla comes out. Oddly enough, it reminds me of the vanilla in Dorian, which also doesn't work on me (it smells almost "stale").

Sad! This was beautiful in the bottle but not right at all on my skin. It'll be wonderful on people where it keeps smelling like a candy cane though!

In Bottle: Aaaaah seaside rock! This is something pretty exclusive to British beach resorts, but we have sticks of mint (often in lurid colours with writing running through them). This is it all over! I know it smells like candycanes, but all I can think is seaside rock :P

Fresh On: Mint-tastic! I'm not usualy a fan of minty scents, but this one has a sweetness to it that makes it very likable. I prefer this over Tokyo Stomp far more, as Stomp reminded me of a Club Biscuit (another British food).

About Three Hours Later: It's really faded now, it reminds me of an old mint wrapper that you find in your pocket. Not a bad thing, however! It's faded to become a very subtle mint, in my opinion.

In the bottle/imp: Sharp, almost toothpaste-like peppermint

Wet on Skin: Sharp peppermint, but with a bit of sugar

Dry: All the sweetness is gone just moments after applying. As in the imp, it is all PEPPERMINT. As hard as I try I cannot smell even one drop of vanilla :P

I have a bottle of the original lick it, and it is softer and sweeter to my nose (and one of my favorite holiday scents)

My rating in the bottle/imp: 2.5 out of 5

My rating on my skin: 2.5 out of 5

Edited by SurrealReality

Peppermint! My skin is cold and tingly where I applied this and has been for several minutes now. But skin chemistry has mangled the vanilla, so I'm sadly getting a strong, plastic-y burnt sugar note. I'll retest, but I'm afraid I might have to swap this candy cane.

This is easily my favorite of the Lick It variations. It's definitely a sharp, sweet peppermint (completely unlike Tokyo Stomp which is more of a sweet mint rather than a peppermint), but it doesn't have the medicinal edge that the other two have. I like this one a lot, and I see a bottle in my future. :P

LICK IT ONE MORE TIME

This smells exactly like a wet, freshly-licked candy cane. It has the right amount of sugar-vanilla to sit underneath all that peppermint.

I did a side-by-side skin test of this with the original Lick It. The original is more subdued on the peppermint and seems to have a bit more sweet vanilla in it. This version has more of a peppermint punch to the nose that clears my sinuses and also warms my skin. Nice and tingly!

I honestly can't decide which version I prefer, because they are both nice in different ways. While I liked the more subdued peppermint in the original version, I also like that this version smells so very, very much like a candy cane!

I'm working on enabling a friend of mine. When she stopped over the other day, I swiped Lick It OMT on her without telling her what it was or describing the concept. She sniffed and said immediately, 'This smells exactly like a candy cane!'

It's unmistakably candy cane to my nose too, rather than the Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie scent of Tokyo Stomp. It's a bit strong at first, but fortunately it dries down into a much softer version of itself fairly quickly. I bought this one for my daughter, but will probably reach for it myself from time to time. :P

Lick It One More Time-

In Bottle: Hellooooo, peppermint!

Wet: Strong, strong peppermint. Not obnoxious, but just intensely peppermint.

Dry: Huh, this one doesn't seem to stick around long. It's a brief intense peppermint orgy and then it's "Hey, aren't you coming back?" I'm not sure if the previous blends were like this--I think I may like the previous blends a bit more. Time for a comparison test, one of these days!

Overall: Minty fresh but not as long-lasting.

mint, mint, mint, mint, mint, mint, mint, mint, mint

curry powder :P

Ok, so what is a curry powder smell doing in Lick it again?

Anyway, it will be good for when I have a headache, it has that sinus clearing oooomph necessary!

I was hoping. HOPING! that LIOMT would be like Tokyo Stomp, because I didn't order enough of that. I'm disappointed that it wasn't more vanilla-y, but not disappointed overall! Because I love this for being its own self -- meaning more candy cane, less girl guide cookie. Still yummy! It clears my nose, which is great, but also smells delicious. It fades kinda fast on me, though, but I think I'll be ordering a big bottle of this, so I can smell myself and say YUM! :P

This smells exactly like a candy cane. It's like Beth liquified candy canes and poured them into the bottles. It's very strong, in a good way, and has a huge throw. A little goes a long, long way. I can faintly detect the vanilla underneath and I'm thinking once some time has passed and it mellows out, the vanilla will come a bit more into the forefront. This is a great Winter yuletime scent. Beth, you're a genius!

This one was a surprise for me, and not in a good way :P The previous versions were lovely, but this one smells like I got in my mother's baking cabinet and spilled peppermint extract on myself. It's just pure peppermint on me. Probably just my picky skin chemistry again. *#(*(&^%!

I love the original Lick It so much. It smells like real, crisp, sweet candy canes and a hint of vanilla on me. Perfectly cooling and sweet. I hated Lick It Again, it was sharper and almost menthol-like on my skin. Not as sweet as the original. I was hoping that Lick It One More Time would be more like the original...

First sniff in the vial, this is bracing, loud, peppermint breath mints. Intense. I hoped that it would calm down on my skin.

On me... peppermint breath mints. It's much sharper on me than the original. Lick It One More Time reminds me more of peppermint mouthwash and peppermint breath mints than it does candy canes :D it's more medicinal than sweet. In the drydown it gets a strange extra something that actually reminds me of chewing tobacco. Blech.

After a half hour this is peppermint listerine and dirty ash tray on my skin. :P

I'm going to continue hoarding my few bottles of the original Lick It, but my decant of this year's version is going straight to my swap pile. Lick It One More Time is my least favorite version so far...

Edited by Tania

LICK IT ONE MORE TIME

In Bottle: Sweet peppermint

On Skin: Ah the holidays. Here they are… in their candy splendor. This makes me want to suck my wrist. Yes, my wrist is beginning to resemble a candy cane more and more by the minute. The scent is so convincing! Sweet, minty… dipped in a vanilla coating keeping the mint from being too sharp or harsh. Yum! I don’t normally wear mint scents, but this one just screams festiveness. It’s perfect for a holiday party or a gathering around the fireplace. This scent is very cold, and it actually numbs my wrist a little. Very fun. It is heavier on the peppermint compared to the last 2 versions, it’s not as sweet. But I love the chill it gives. It would also make a fabulous holiday room scent. Strong throw but short to average wearlength.

Imp: Wow. This is like liquefied candy cane.

Wet: Ooh, minty. It smells like eating a candy cane. Which is not a bad thing, to me.

Dry: Softer, minty.

15 minutes later: Hey, where'd it go? Thinking maybe it'd rubbed off on my sleeve, which did smell minty, I ran upstairs and reapplied before heading off to work. An hour later, it's all gone. :P There's maybe a hint of minty vanilla. My sleeve, however, still smells nummy.

Maybe this would make a nice locket or oil diffuser scent.

This one starts so promising on my skin. I love the sugary minty vanilla... but the mint disappears as it dries and the vanilla takes on the plastic/burnt overtone. Not as bad as Tokyo Stomp, but it was the thing I was dreading with this incarnation of Lick It. :P

So far, the best one for my skin chemistry has been Lick It Again. This one would have been even more gorgeous than LIA if the vanilla had behaved. Sadness.

Origin: decant from eviltemptressdq's circle

Initial Thoughts: The original Lick It is one of my all-time BPAL favorites, one that I have a stash of. I was disappointed that Beth reworked it for 2006 and that version went plasticky on me. I just had to try this one and see which way it goes.

In the Bottle: The mint is strong in this one. Stronger, I think, than the original when I try smelling one after the other. I can pick out the sweet more easily in this one as well.

Wet: Whoo! Sinus-clearing MINT! I accidentally got my lips too close to my skin taking a whiff and it's stinging as if I'd put mint-flavored Blistex on it.

Drydown: The sugar and vanilla eventually creep out and make it more of a candy-cane scent, but this one is still nostril-blasting mint compared to the 2005 edition, which is softer and sweeter to my nose.

Verdict: Nope. I will continue to cling to my tiny stash of the original.

Origin: decant from Moonarcana

Very pepperminty, like a peppermint patty. Yum!

Not getting any vanilla wiffs.

Fades too quickly. Suitable only for Christmas time.

This doesn't morph much on me. It's like sucking on a candy cane! Very accurate! A cute scent for the season, and I wonder how it layers with El Dia De Reyes. :P

This is just what I wanted! Tokyo Stomp let me down badly in the sugary vanilla mint stakes but this more than makes up for it. Sharp, sweet and lasts way better than I expected. It doesn't change much from application to dry down, maybe gets a little creamier but that's it. I didn't get to try the previous Lick It's but I'm thinking about it now :-)