Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
tart

If you like ____ BPAL, then you'll like this product!

GAH! It took me ages to find this conversation about Pacifica's Spanish Amber, since it's been merged into this new thread! Annnnnnyway...

I got mine! I actually received it over a week ago, but I've had a ghastly cold and no ability to smell anything, so it's taken this long before I could try it! And my verdict? Well...

Yes, it does smell like Spanked - they really are very similar indeed. I completely agree with what was said earlier - they don't smell exactly the same, they kinda feel the same, but there is definitely a likeness in the scent. I did a two-arm comparison (Spanish Amber on the left, Spanked on the right - of course Spanked completely stomps all over the Pacifica - it's just way more rich and deep and complex.

I bought the little tin of the solid perfume version, because that was the cheapest option for international shipping, and it's got a lovely texture plus the tin is cute. However.. as others mentioned.. the scent itself is light, and doesn't last long on the skin, so I'd probably go through this little tin pretty quickly if I were wearing it daily. But if you're really craving Spanked, this certainly is a decent stand-in :smile:

GAH! It took me ages to find this conversation about Pacifica's Spanish Amber, since it's been merged into this new thread! Annnnnnyway...

I got mine! I actually received it over a week ago, but I've had a ghastly cold and no ability to smell anything, so it's taken this long before I could try it! And my verdict? Well...

Yes, it does smell like Spanked - they really are very similar indeed. I completely agree with what was said earlier - they don't smell exactly the same, they kinda feel the same, but there is definitely a likeness in the scent. I did a two-arm comparison (Spanish Amber on the left, Spanked on the right - of course Spanked completely stomps all over the Pacifica - it's just way more rich and deep and complex.

I bought the little tin of the solid perfume version, because that was the cheapest option for international shipping, and it's got a lovely texture plus the tin is cute. However.. as others mentioned.. the scent itself is light, and doesn't last long on the skin, so I'd probably go through this little tin pretty quickly if I were wearing it daily. But if you're really craving Spanked, this certainly is a decent stand-in :smile:

Well, that is good to know since it is probably the closest that I will ever get to Spanked. :lol: I got my solids a few weeks ago, but I never posted anything because I had nothing to compare it to, never having tried Spanked. I do like it and I like the texture of their solids. It actually lasted a really long time on me, but my skin always hangs on to scent, so it isn't surprising. I could see where this might have a similarity to Spanked, but I could see where it wouldn't be as complex.

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to just add my 2 cents to this comparison between Spanked and Pacifica's Spanish Amber. I was able to try Spanked because of a lovely forumite from the other side of the world, and I would have to agree with those who said that there is a similarity. To me, the Spanish Amber smells like the deeper notes of Spanked. It is definitely not as complex and it is missing some of the higher notes, but I think that it is pretty close and it is nice in its own simplicity. My Whole Foods was out of the solid, but when I was in the store, I tried the EDP and I don't think that it is as similar in that form. I got the solid from Ebay and I think that it is more Spanklike. :)

For those who have tried and love Lamia v3, you might want to try Ava Luxe's Kretek. They smell very similar to my nose and Kretek is much easier to get (although it's temporarily OOS right now from AL).

I really like Lamia v3, but I've got plenty of Kretek, so I can (thankfully) relax instead of trying to track down a bottle that's not insanely expensive. :D

If you like Butterflies, Flowers and Jewels Attending and OLLA's Ava like I do, you'll like YSL's Black Opium. It smells like they could be siblings, or at least within the same family.