Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
tart

If you like ____ BPAL, then you'll like this product!

To me, Versailles smelled like Constant Comment Tea (but I think I have a strange nose)...oranges and spice.

I have found The Caterpillar to be very similar to Mitsouko by Guerlain.

Euphrosyne smells a lot like Jontue.

Pele is a softer version of Avon's Hawaiian White Ginger.

Ooh i'm gonna jump on the bandwagon............. If you like Bon Vivant.... you will love Champagne by YvesSaintLaurent, they smell exactly the same!

If you like Monster Bait Underpants or Monster Bait Closet from BPAL, you would like Eat Me from FeMaledictions. It reminds me of Underpants heavily without the expensive saffron note. It is great and cakey and frostingy.

Aizen-Myoo is like a stronger, slightly darker version of Happy. If you can find it, Mi-Go Brain Canister also has that same "brightness" that's in Happy.

Sounds like this year's Harvest Moon might've been up your sister's alley, Jupiter - "This Harvest Moon oil is a merging of autumnal scents from all over the globe: chrysanthemum, pomegranate, cane sugar and dusty wheat, sorghum, green tea leaf, rice flower and rice milk, Russian sage, bamboo shoot, elderberry, black cherry, wild plum, red haw, hazelnut, red apple and shagbark hickory."

Maybe Persephone, too? That's rose/pomegranate.

Edited by jenleigh

If you love Moxie (and really, how could you not), you'll like Avalon Organic's Vitamin C facial cleanser- it has the same tart zesty orange that Moxie does.

If you love Litha you should try Jason's Chamomile Body Wash and Hand/Face Soap- they both have the same feel of honeyed sunshine.

I can't tell the difference between Midway and Aquolina Pink Sugar. I haven't tried pink sugar on my skin yet, but it makes me feel better about the fact that my bottle of midway will eventually run out.

If you love Lick It then you will like Sweet Revenge by HotTopic. It smells almost the same(suger vanilla mint :P ) and it lasts alot longer.

The other night I met a lady who smelled just like Sea of Glass to me. I told her she smelled good and she said it was Tommy Hilfiger summer bath gel. I did some searching and I think she was talking about Tommy Bahama Very Cool Woman bath and body gel. Here's the description: "An aquatic citrus floral fragrance that radiates sparkling freshness and energy with traces of sensuality". Anyway whatever it was it smelled just like Sea of Glass from about 5 feet away.

Edited by Forspecial Plate

If you like Lampades you should try Armani Night She

If you like Tenochtitlan you should try Jette by Joop

If you like Cathedral you shoud try CdG Avignon (or any incense series fragrance)

If you like Midwinter's Eve you should try Parfum Sacre by Caron or Noir Epices by Frederic Malle

any bpal suggestions for lovers of Guerlain's classic Vol de Nuit (narcissus, iris, oakmoss, vanilla, galbanum)?

I guess this goes here:

Theodosius = Thierry Mugler's Angel

...to my nose, anyway. Looking at the notes, it makes no sense at all, but I've tried it on my skin several times and that's what I get.

If you liked BPTP's Fee, you might like Wylde Ivy's Pink Chiffon.

On me Fee stayed really heavy on the honeydews and with Pink Chiffon, the predominant note is that same honeydew, but it backs off just a touch to let some faint tropical floral and a hint of woman's perfume through.

If you like sultry, spicy scents like YSL Opium or Shalimar by Guerlain, you'll love Morocco.

I enabled a friend who loves Shalimar, and she squee'd over Morocco like nobody's business.

If you like 13 (Oct. 2006 version), you'll like The Body Shop's Amorito.

If you like Kuang Shi, you'd love the Mandarin Orange Creme Brulee at either Dishes or Cravings, the fantabulous buffets at Treasure Island and Mirage hotels in Las Vegas. (I forget which had it... I think it was Dishes.)

I've got two things, yay!

If you like Antique Lace, you cannot live without Lush's American Cream. They smell JUST the same. (I've had boys making excuses to hug me and smell my hair all day!)

And if you've ever been into an Anthropologie store, you'll immediately recognize Katharina. It smells just like how the stores smell---that cool, retro-bohemian sweet orange blossom.

any bpal suggestions for lovers of Guerlain's classic Vol de Nuit (narcissus, iris, oakmoss, vanilla, galbanum)?

I would love love love to know this too! It's not easy to get alas.

Um...if you like Jezebel or Delight you will also like Little Shop of Beauty's 'Island Baby'.

This is also a great thread for those of us who need to find a BPAL equivalent to fragrances that are (sadly) not animal cruelty free.

I would love love love to know this too! It's not easy to get alas.

Jacob's Ladder always reminds me of Vol de Nuit. It's slightly more golden and less melancholy, but I think they're similar. Lucretia is in the same family, as well. :P