Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
tart

If you like ____ BPAL, then you'll like this product!

Here, a little chart for anyone wanting to translate their BPAL fetish to the outside world. :P

Persephone, Swank - - - Herbal Essences Fruit Fusions with pomegranate, persimmon, and lychee

Tamora, O - - - Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds nailpolish in Fiery Glimmer, also L'Oreal Blush Délice in Sugar and Spice

Snake Oil - - - "Silently" by Maxwell

Black Lotus - - - Ralph Lauren Blue

I'll add more as I think of them. Feel free to add your own!

To me, Blood Lotus smells an awful lot like White Shoulders, only an eviller and sexier White Shoulders...(unfortunately it still takes me back to Mrs. Naylor, my 4th grade teacher) If you like watery scents like Cool Water or...other watery scents you might like Old Amsterdam. Otherwise I haven't smelled an oil that really reminds me of a similar blend from the outside world :P

Othello reminds me of Paris by Yves Saint Laurent.

Shattered reminds me of both Champagne by Dior (I think it is now called Dior J'Adore) and Tresor by Lancome.

And also...

If you like hot buttered rum, you will like Hellcat.

If you like smelling good, you will love BPAL! :P

Xiuhlecuhtli reminds me A LOT of L'Occitane's Candied Fruit line. Which in turn totally reminds me of this Todd Oldham perfume I used to wear, years ago.

If you like dirt, you'll love Burial....or Demeter Dirt layered with Tea Rose.

If you like caramel apples, you'll love The Hesperides....or B&BW Winter Candy Apple lotion underneath Thierry Mugler Angel.

If you like root beer, you'll love Tombstone....or BCBG Sexy and Lip Smackers Root Beer flavor.

If you like tree sap, you'll love Cathedral....or Shiseido Feminite du Bois.

If you love grapefruit, you'll love Cheshire Cat....or Guerlain Pamplelune.

If you love blackberries, you'll love Old Glasgow....or L'Artisan Mure et Musc.

:P

Xiuhlecuhtli reminds me A LOT of L'Occitane's Candied Fruit line.  Which in turn totally reminds me of this Todd Oldham perfume I used to wear, years ago.

Oooh, the Candied Fruit line reminds me of Thierry Mugler's Angel so I will have to add Xiuhlecuhtli to my list - thanks! :P

This is fun...

If you like O and Gluttony, you must try Angel

If you've ever layered small amounts of Zephyr + Queen Mab and thought "mm!", by all means try Dior Addict

If you love O, smell the Amber candle from the White Barn candle co., or try Coty's Dulce Vanille perfume.

If you dig the spiciness in Snake Oil, Old Morocco, and Unseelie, get your hands on some old school Guerlain like Shalimar or Samsara

and if you like Unseelie, you'll love estee lauder's Youth Dew

If you like Othello, try Pi (a surprisingly sweet men's fragrance)

If you like Dana O'Shee, try Demeter's Sugar Cookie

Edited by Ms. MSGirl

I think B Never's Keep it Fluffy smells a lot like Antique Lace with a high alcohol content!

If you like Shanghai or Embalming Fluid, you'll like La Rose du Petit Prince, which smells like those scents with manderin and rose :P

If you like Chaste Moon, Voluspa's Vanilla Creme Fleur is a dead-on dupe

And Lolita Lempicka smells a bit like Midnight

If you like Shanghai..., you'll like La Rose du Petit Prince, which smells like those scents with manderin and rose  :D

If you like Chaste Moon, Voluspa's Vanilla Creme Fleur is a dead-on dupe

You stole those two right out of my head. :P Hmm, I'm sure I can think of more, though. Oh, okay, I know!

- If you like Alice, you might like Burt's Bees Baby Bee line.

- If you like Antique Lace, you might like Ava Luxe's Vanilla Musk.

- If you like the d'Anjou Pear single note, you might like Annick Goutal's Petite Cherie.

Edited by riddel

If you like Bordello or Lady MacBeth, then you might like Herbal Essences Fruit Fusions with Pomegranate, Persimmon, and Lychee.

If you like Embalming Fluid, then you might like B&BW's Green Tea & Cucumber.

If you like The Star, then you might like B&BW's Coconut Lime Verbena.

Moon Rose smells just like a perfume from the 80's called "Maroc"

Peacock Queen reminds me of "Evelyn" by Crabtree & Evelyn

London reminds me a lot of "Tea Rose" by the Perfumer's Workshop

If you like Danube, you'll like My Lip Stuff's April Showers

If you like Verdandi, you'll like MLS's Apple Cider

If you like smelling delicious things, you'll like Gingerbread Poppet, Beaver Moon and the Monster Baits

If you like The Dormouse and Holiday Moon you'll like Nature's Gate's line of Shampoo/Conditioner/Moisturizer in Lemongrass and Sage

If you like Eclipse, Seralgio or Queen of Sheba you'll like Dr. Bronners Almond Soap

I found that Antique Lace smells very similar to Stila's Creme Bouquet.

Interesting! I find Regan to be incredibly similar to Creme Bouquet -- it has that sweet, vanilla floral feel.

Here are a few others I've noticed:

If you like Vixen or Sin -- you'll like LUSH Karma, YOSH La Contessa or Dana Tabu.

If you like Jacob's Ladder -- you'll like Chantilly. Yes, the drugstore perfume you wore in high school. Compare the two, and be amazed!

If you like Gingerbread Poppet -- you'll like Philosophy Gingerbread Man.

If you like Morella or Aeval -- you'll like Philosophy Baby Grace.

If you like Morocco -- you'll like Sensi, Cashmere Mist or Bogner Wood Woman.

If you like Dirty -- you'll like J. Lo Glow.

If you like Florence -- you'll like Dolce & Gabbana (red cap).

If you like Dana O'Shee -- you'll like DSH La Fete Nouvelle or Winter White.

These are not all perfect matches...some of these are more complimentary scents that seem like they would go together.

If you like Tum, Freak Show, or Centzon Totochin, you might like Bathed & Infused's Mexico body lotion.

If you like the Star or Black Pearl, you might like the Body Shop's Coconut line.

If you like the Star, try Yankee Candle's Key Lime Pie candle.

Swank + BBW's Coconut Lime Verbena is Heaaaaavenly. That lotion also goes great with Baneberry and the Star.

If you like Midway, you might like Parfum de Coeur's Cotton Candy lotion.

If you like O, try Tutti Dolci's Sugar Wafer lip gloss, Lush's Honey I Washed The Kids soap and The Ma Bar bubble bar, and Shi Kai's French Vanilla body wash.

If you like the Panacea blends, try Aura Cacia's aromatherapy line.

If you like Arcana, try the Body Shop's lavender line.

If you like London or any of the rose scents, try Jason's Rosewater and Glycerine lotion and Colonial Candle Company of Cape Cod's Rose candles.

If you like Velvet, try DSH's Bois du Chocolat.

If you like Bliss, try Dragonalchemy's Chocolate Cream.

If you like Tulszcha, try Colonial Candle Company of Cape Cod's Vanilla Mint candles.

If you like chocolate with orange in it, try BPAL's Great Sword of War.

If you like Fae, try Colonial Candle Company of Cape Cod's Apricot Mango Sorbet candles.

OK, so. I have 2 quick questions: has anyone smelled any BPAL similar to the new Citrus and Amber candles at Target? And (long shot here since I'm sure the ingredients cost a mint) how about anything that smells like Lolita Lempicka?

If you like Chaste Moon, you'll like Voluspa's Vanilla Creme Fleur

If you like Absinthe or LA Fee Verte, you'll like Keiko Meichari (can't spell it, darn it!!!) Paname

If you like Storyville, you'll like Frederic Malle Musc Ravaguer (although MR has a bit of an animalistic twist)

If you like 2, 5, and 7, you'll like La Rose du Petit Prince

Sorry, can't help you portalkat. But here are some similarities I've found:

Snow White is similar to Sheer Obsession and FM's L'Eau d'Hiver (not entirely sure of spelling)

MB Underpants is similar to SL's Chergui

Shango is similar to Chantal Thomass

Haunted is similar to Shalimar

Tombstone is similar to L'Artisan's Bois Farine

Shanghai and Bulgari Green Tea

Numb and White Linen

I've noticed other similarities but I can't recall them right now...