Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
tarotbydiana

Morgause Claw Polish

Metallic Pearl
A regal, ambitous plum metallic pearl.

I purchased my bottle of Morgause Claw Polish at Will Call. It's not yet up on the BPTP site so there's no lab description at present.

Morgause is a sumptuous winter berry shade. It's a metallic polish with a high shine finish. I imagine Morgause would appeal to many people as the personality of the color morphs depending on one's demeanor and attire. It's not pink. It's not plum. It's not red. Take an overripe raspberry and a plump blackberry and crush the two together. The juices would blend to form Morgause. The color would succeed at a family luncheon as well as a sexy rendezvous. The power of Morgause lies in the intent of the wearer.

I would recommend a base coat and top coat to prolong the life of the polish. Although I find the solid gloss shades have a little better staying power than the metallics, I am truly pleased with the longevity of every BPTP polish I have tried. After three days of manicure abuse, I have one tiny chip earned by unravelling a firm knot in a length of velvet ribbon. I have committed many other such manicure horrors and Morgause can handle it.

A gorgeous, glossy deep berry, and this represents Morgause, the oil, perfectly! I tend to stick to red shades in winter so a color like this is a beautiful change of pace. Very pretty.

Edited to add that days later, still no chips!

Edited by Iceblink

I've been using this color for my pedicures (that I've done myself and had proffessionally done) all spring and now summer. I find the color to be a rich, pomegranite red. In the bottle, a silver metallic quality is visible, but I find that it's lost on the nail. It's more of a general "frost" kind of effect, rather than really metallic. Overall, it's a nice, wear with anything, red. What I like best about it, though, is that it wears really well. I always use base and top coats, but I find it growing out, rather than chipping off. Occasionally, I do a quick, dab, touch up to the big toes, and the new polish blends in unnoticeably. My pedicurist is also amazed by how long this lasts.

Great color and not bad on tenacity either. Looks totally awesome over black.... creates a super black cherry color!

I received this as a freebie in my last Ebay win. Thank you, Puddin'!

Although it's not really the sort of colour that I would normally wear, I did try it to see how the Lab's polishes would do on my nails, and was quite impressed. The scent was almost like chocolate! It went on smoothly, and dried fairly quick, always a help. The colour is deep and rich and true to the bottle. The silvery swirls in the bottle transform to a tiny delicate sparkle, very elegant.

I'll be gifting this to a friend who likes the plum colours, but I'll be sure to add a nail polish to my next Lab order. :)

Absolutely gorgeous. This is a beautiful, classic deep cool berry. I think the first reviewer summed it up best: a winter berry that's not pink, red, or plum but all of the above. I can see wearing this for a night out with friends, a date, a formal function, an informal lunch, or a family gathering -- it will fit all those occasions, as it is so versatile. This is definitely one of those colors where you wear it, not the other way around. How people interpret it is depends on your outfit and demeanor.

Application wise, I need two coats to get something resembling the bottle color. The silver particles are visible in the bottle, but they did get a bit lost on my nail. Still, there is something pearly and metallic about this polish and the sheen is super shiny. It looks like you're wearing a top coat even if you're not.

I only swatched this over the weekend and so cannot comment on dry time, wear, chipping, etc. I will update once I've given it a proper spin.

Bottom line: a gorgeous berry that will get lots of use in the fall and winter seasons.

how did i never review this? i still have some left! it's a very pretty dark berry shade-sort of a cross between dark red, pink and purple. it goes on smooth and dries quickly. looks impeccable, and it's a unique color, i don't seem to have any colors similar to it. i always do 2 coats, and that seems to be just the right amount. it's one of my favorite nail polishes out of my collection.