Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
UberClaire

Sugar-Slathered Candied Apple

Sugar-Slathered Candied Apple -- With a dollop of caramel!

This starts out as a fresh, strong apple. Very vibrant and bold. It only has a hint of a sugar scent at first, and non of the buttery thickness I associate with caramel. Mostly the apple shines the brightest. The strength of the apple does fade eventually and that's when I can smell more of the sugar notes. It reminds me of Sugar Skull at this stage. The sugar has that same slightly burnt smell. There is a sort of creaminess too but it's almost too subtle to notice.

This doesn't last on my skin very long, but it does have a nice strong throw. So I just kept reapplying several times. I can't complain about that because I do love that original burst of apple.

this is such a fun scent, perfectly reminiscent of halloweens past. ripe, juicy red apple pairs with golden, sugary caramel. it's a more straightforward version of Creepy -- pure caramel apple, without the coconut and boozy notes. i'm testing this on a gloomy february day and it's giving me happy thoughts of autumn. :P wishing i had a bottle.

edited to add that several minutes later, the apple has faded slightly, but the caramel has become even more rich and buttery. it's still going strong!

Edited by tinyvulture

I can't believe I haven't posted a review of this scent yet because it's one of my favorites!

In the imp: Fresh, juicy apples.

Wet: Caramel and apples. This smells like freshly dipped caramel apples, the way you can smell the still-warm caramel and the apple as you take that first bite.

Drydown: I'm so happy this doesn't morph on me. I absolutely love it. It smells exactly the same from beginning to end. On my skin it fades pretty quickly, but in my scent locket it lasts and lasts and has a good amount of throw. I only regret not being able to afford a bottle of this at Halloween, because now I'm jealously hoarding my one little imp of it.

this scent its awesome the only morph it does on me is the apple fades out slowly but 8 hours in I can still smell yummyness. for me this is fresh green apple, brown sugar and caramel. soooooooooooooo good for fall!!!

I can't believe I never reviewed this one!

It was like a sweeter version of Creepy to me...less caramel, more apple. I liked it, but I had Creepy, so I was happy that I only had an imp of this.

In Vial: Butterscotch

Wet: Apple

Dry: An equal balance of apples and carmel. Very foody!

In the imp and wet: No apple at all. All I smell is caramel and burnt sugar

Dry: Caramel. Nothing more.

Maybe I let this age too much before trying it. I am so disappointed. *sob*

Apples. Lots of apples. And a leetle bit of caramel.

Mostly it's a sweet apple scent with a very slight creamy undertone from the caramel. I bet people who like apple scents love this one, but I'm not really an apple sort of gal. I've liked apple & rose combinations in perfumes, but it seems like all the other scents I've tried with apple haven't been my thing.

In the vial: caramel and apple. This is the apple of Poisoned Apple, which is lovely. The caramel is rich and warm. Very true to a soft caramel candy.

Wet: Woah apple! This is a juicy and tart green apple now. The caramel is just perfect, not too buttery, not too sweet. OMG, I had no idea this would be so good. Curses that I only have a sniffy! The apple is much brighter than it was in Creepy. But the caramel is similar.

Drydown: Ohhhh, the apple is soooooo goooood... This one knocks all other apple and caramel blends out of the competition! It's just so much stronger and yummier than I was expecting! :P

I've always loved Creepy as a "makes me smile when I sniff it" scent and I was amazed at how accurately Beth caught the scent of a caramel apple. With SSCA, it's even more amazing. The scent is true from imp through drydown and the throw is great, not overpowering but definitely *there.* And it lasts an eternity on my skin. This scent makes me all kinds of happy.

I love the apple note so this is a total win for me. A sweet and red apple floating in a delicate caramel filled crystal bowl. The caramel note is the one that stays more on my wrist and I`m not complaining. It`s an innocent and perfect oil for the hard working mornings.

This is the scent of a large granny smith apple, candied with sugar and smothered in caramel.

The apple is crisp and tart, the sugar is sweet and the addition of caramel is soo yummy.

I swear it feels like I have just eaten a candied apple.

Edited by Schmoozy

I don't like eating caramel apples, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE this scent. Seriously. There is something about this scent that evokes such happiness in me.

In my locket it smells like fresh green apples sprinkled with the perfect amount of sugar. It is such a happy, playful scent.

On my skin it starts that way but morphs into a rich, caramel apple. It's not too sweet or too crisp, just perfect. And it lasts forever on my skin (which is very rare) and I love smelling it as I fall asleep once it's been on a few hours. It's so comforting.

This just knocked Hellhound out of my top 2 I think.

Thanks to the lovely Wench457 for the generous decant of this! I had been wanting to try this and she made my dream come true. :wub2:

First sniff from the vial: if this was a drug, I would be in rehab in no time! Smells just like it says. Before it ever hits my skin I can tell I will have to hoard this baby.

Wet on my skin: Hellooooooooo yumminess! I loved Creepy but didn't care for the rum note associated with it. I have never tried Punkie Night but I imagine that SSCA is the love-child of Creepy and Punkie Night. :yum: It's going to be a while before I unglue my nose from my wrist because I'm alllll over this delicious caramel granny smith! Seriously, this one delivers exactly what it says!

Dry-down: A new favorite. I will take any and all amounts of this I can get. I wish I could bathe in it. B) If you like caramel apples, and I mean a real true caramel, none of the fake imitation stuff, and granny smith apples, you will truly appreciate this treasure!

It's Creepy only better! Pure apple-y, sugary heaven! It stays the same all the way through. I really love this!

Sniffing the bottle, it's a very strong caramel apple scent.

Wet on my skin, it starts out mostly just crisp sweet apple. As it begins to dry the caramel really comes out. By the time it's dry, it's almost entirely caramel on my skin with a trace amount of apple.

I love it and am glad I was able to get another bottle after swapping my prior bottle several months back.

This is pure red apple with a hint of caramel in the background which gets a bit stronger as it dries. It smells sweet and good but not like perfume. I love sweet foody scents. I prefer creepy.

Wet on wrist: ohmygod OM NOM NOM NOM NOOOOOM caramel and sharp apple

On the drydown: Juicy, juicy apple, the scent of that first crunchy delicious bite, slathered in caramel. As it dries, the apple really comes out and the caramel is clearly a coating.

Verdict: Love. Absolute love.

Similar scents: Snow, Glass, Apples; Fearful Pleasure

I only have 2ml of this, and am going to need to find MOAR MOAR MOAR OMG.

Update: after a few hours, the caramel's still going strong, but the apple has faded.

Edited by AnArtfuldodger

Sniffed: Pale yellow oil. Something boozy, almost sharply so, with crisp, sour-sweet, juicy apple below. Sugary with a bit of real, creamy caramel, not brown/burnt sugar.

Wet: Apple galore! Still oddly boozy but softer, not as harsh. This reminds me of a sour apple martini. Very faint caramel. Typically I hate caramel in perfume, but this is like - soft vanilla cream with a caramel tinge. Lovely.

Dry: *Now* I get a candied apple note, exactly like that red candy shell, like a bite of apple overlaid with that. It's sweeter now, and like a candied apple, there's an almost painful quality to the sweetness, but I don't find this unpleasant or cloying.

Later: The apple note is holding REALLY well. Beyond the dried stage, this isn't morphing much. It reminds me a little of Agrat-Bat-Mahlat, but MUCH nicer, not cloyingly sweet, and without the teak. How ABM would have been ideally.

Summary: Fades down rapidly to faint candied apple and vanilla cream. Decent throw, but it fades within an hour to almost nothing. Oh, what a shame, since it's gorgeous.

:wub2:

YUM. :yum: This is the ideal caramel apple scent, hands down. Plenty of rich, creamy, buttery caramel , lots of sugar crystals on top and an apple that thankfully is more Granny Smith than Red Delicious. Omnomnomnom :wub2:

Apple apple apple! With sugar and caramel! Similar to Creepy but Sugar-Slathered Candied Apple lets the apple shine through much more than Creepy does. I hope this is re-released sometime, I'd love to have an entire bottle or two.

I wasn't sure that there could be a better candied-apple scent than Creepy. I adore Creepy and hoard it. Now I want to hoard Sugar Slathered Candied Apple!

It's everything that Creepy is but amped up in my estimation. The caramel is deeper and the apple is crisper and singing a higher note. It is absolutely delicious. I hope this gets resurrected at some point because everyone who likes this sort of scent should have the chance to try it. Lovely, top marks.

Not wearing this at the moment but I have a bottle and I think I should review it. I love this because it's fresh, tart and juicy smelling with but just as sugary sweet. It has a magical sparkliness to it which reminds me more of a candy apple than a caramel apple but still has some caramel going on. Lovely :3 I've also tested creepy before but from what I remember it smelled a but weird to me, but maybe I just wasn't feeling well at the time, either way, I like this one better.

Red apple and LOTS of caramel. In fact, all I can smell on the drydown is sugary caramel. It's yummy, but I wish the apple lasted longer!

This is richer and less sweet than Candy Corn Coated Caramel Apple.

OOOH!! Finally got a hold of this!! YUM!

In bottle: pure caramel apple! Like others, I also get a red apple scent....not green.

On skin: Get a blast of caramel and apple. Very true to the scent of the real deal.

Drydown: Mmmm...this is so good. For me, this is perfect...I get a nice soft balance of both the caramel and apple. Not too strong and not too weak. Good throw.

To me, Candy Corn Coated Candy Apple was too "corny" and I didn't like the coconut note in Creepy....this is what I was hoping one of those would be like when I tried them a long time ago, so I am VERY glad I got this!!! A must for foody lovers out there! :wub2:

Edited by Numanoid