Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
princessbeena

Egg'd Mailbox

Fresh egg, just starting to warm nicely in the sun!

In bottle: Vanilla, custard, but not overly sweet.
On: Faint. For some reason, my skin really absorbs this, which is a first! I smell a hint of nutmeg somewhere in there, too.

Overall: I'm a little disappointed in my skin (not the scent, which is wonderful) because I wanted to be able to smell it on me more. It really gets sucked into my skin. :P
But I don't care, I'm not swapping, no no no, my pretty......

I don't know what you all be talking about 'foody' this and that. :P Sure, in the bottle, it's like that. Then after drydown on me (and the wearlength is QUITE long!!!!!!), it smells like sex and nothing but sex. Like yeah sex...freshly-showered sweet-sweat sex. Sweet, musky, barely there but oh-so-familiar.

I don't want to smell like sex. Now to go find some Pumpkin Smash or Pumpkin Cheesecake!

My absolute favorite of this Halloween inquisistion smellies!!! http://www.bpal.org/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/wub2.gif

This scent is reminicent of the delicate forals in Chaste Moon, with a dash of velvety vanilla and egg nog "ish" spices. The longer I wear it, the more it becomes a musky sweet skinscent. I get so many compliments wearing this one, it makes my head spin. Hoard worthy for sure, and that is what I'm set out to do.... Come here little eggy egg!!!

Sky rocketed to my top 10!

A super duper + 5/5

*just wanted to add that aging this perfume has only made it better! I applied it this morning and going to bed now, I can still smell it wafting from the nape of my neck/hair. It's a richer, sexier vanilla now. It's great layered with other perfumes too. Today for instance, I dabbed this on my neck/pulse points and sprayed Guerlain's Pamplune over it (Orange/pink grapefruit) I smelled like a "fancy" creamsickle.

Edited by growwild

So my reaction was different than those posted so far.

At the opening application, lovely custard.

Into first stages of drydown, metallic.

Later medium stage drydown, woods.

Later drydown, the custardy-goodness has receded leaving Sandalwood and Incense- something akin to Midnight Mass x All Souls.

So I get a metallic stage in the beginning.

Maybe I'm picking up the notes alluding to a mailbox. Metal and wood (sandalwood, I think)?

Edited by Heavenlyrabbit

OK, at first sniff in the vial, this seems sweet and musky... quite pleasantly so.

As soon as I put this on, and while it is wet, it becomes a sweet custardy scent with bits of a musky spiciness underneath- oh so lovely.

But THEN, as this dries (this is so odd), it smells exactlly like a FERRET on me! A clean ferret, yes, but after growing up with ferrets most of my childhood years, the musky smell is unmistakable. This goes very, very ferret musk with my skin chemistry. I will have to try this a different time of month and see if this changes...

Quite odd...

Edited by mystery213

Ooh, I like this. Foodie scents have a tendency to amp badly on my sin, but not here.

In the bottle it smells custardy w/spices.

On my skin and the beginning of drydown really smells like Lush Creamy Candy bubble bar. (Love that smell)

After an hour: it smells of nutmeg and maybe cinnamon. Custardy, but slightly manly.

I like it.

The fantastic cuervosueno swapped me a decant of this'n.

In the vial this actually smells like a sweet floral and powdery vanilla to me. Not what I was expecting of an egg scent, and not really custardy to me at all...

On me, this is a very perfumey, spicy, warm, bright floral. It doesn't smell at all like BPAL's carnation note tends to smell on me. This is more perfumey than it is the smell of a true carnation or real flower. I also get a hint of something like the men's shaving cream smell that I got from Numb. Not good.

Egg'd Mailbox doesn't smell foodie or eggy to me at all. I definitely don't get the custard impression that I was hoping for and it's *nothing* like BPAL's Egg Nog blend that I love. It doesn't even have a good carnation smell to me :D

This is just a slightly soapy, intensely perfumey floral fragrance. The sharpness to it makes my eyes water. Egg'd Mailbox reminds me more of Mama Ji than anything else, if Mama Ji were more perfumey and had a strong undertone of men's shaving cream :P

Edited by Tania

I was soooo hoping for custard from this scent! If Beth ever mades a Creme Brulee scent, I will do all sorts of shameful things to ensure I can afford to buy it in gallons :P

Egg'd Mailbox, sadly, is a pleasantly musky floral and not much else. I don't get anything foody from this blend, except maybe a bit of vanilla in the bottle. It's pretty, but just not what I was hoping for.

In the vial: floral? and nutmeg.

Wet: Mmmm. Nutmeg, nutmeg, nutmeg! Uh, floral? What is that? Why is that in there? Oh no, is it taking over?

Drydown: Carnation with some soapiness, nope the foodiness is gone for good. Damn my skin chemistry!

If I were expecting carnation this would be nice. I do like carnation a lot, but when expecting egg custard, carnation can be a bit off-putting.

I need to press my nose to my wrist to smell Egg'd, which is quite light. I mostly get powdery sweetness and carnation, especially during the drydown. There's a bit of soapiness too. During the end phase, I get more sweetness and spice.

When I first tried this on it was egg custardy love! This is my second skin test now it's more vanilla musk. I don't get much carnation, thank god, but I'm kinda sad that dessert smell is gone. It was soo so good when I first got it! :P

When I saw the description, I thought "Oh, nasty! Who would want that??" Then I saw that the forum/LJ communities were going apeshit over it. WTF? So I snagged a decant. . . and then a bottle. . . .OH MY GOODNESS.

Seriously. This is sweet custard with just enough spice to be absolutely FABULOUS - MUST NOT DRINK OIL!

:D :P

On me, Egg'd Mailbox is spicy eggnog over warm metal. I like this a lot, more than I thought I would.

In the bottle:

I was really scared this was going to smell like rotten eggs or something... but it doesn't. It's actually sort of sweet, which surprises me.

Wet:

I have no idea how to describe this scent. It's soft, sweet, and a little bit foody. The only way I can see this as "egg" is if we're talking about that "sweet egg" sushi, and even then it's a little bit of a stretch. Not that I'm complaining, because I'm not sure why I'd want to smell like eggs! As it settles onto my skin a bit more, I could swear I'm smelling florals--something like carnation. And then a little later, it's sort of a toss-up between florals and the custardy scent others seem to be reporting.

Dry:

I'm not sure yet if this is the scent for me, but it's definitely worth a few wearings to find out. If not, at least I should be able to get someone to swap something good for it later! :P

Egg’d Mailbox – Wow, this is totally not what I expected. This is the scent of a creamy crème brûléé with a burnt sugar glaze over the top. The most fascinating part, however, is that this dessert is served with a bright red carnation on the side. I had no idea this would be such a floral scent. It’s half-and-half creamy custard and floral. Really spectacular. I think this is among my favorites from the Inquisition. Really spectacular, unique, and unexpected scent. It has above-average throw and long staying power.

EGG'D MAILBOX

In Bottle: Cream and honey

On Skin: Wow, this smells Like “O” on me. How crazy! It’s sweet and yummy, and purely creamy. It also really smells like honey for a bit. I want a gallon of this. I smell vanilla and sweet love. I don’t smell egg really… not an egg I’ve ever smelled at least. Maybe a light non-boozy version of egg nog, and no spices at all. Pure creaminess… It also has a very very soft, light and gentle floral in the background. Just enough to give it a bit more dimension. The bad part… it fades almost instantly. It starts strong and yummy, and within 10 minutes my skin has drank it all up and I can barely smell the trace that lingers.

Super light throw and very, very short wearlength.

Edited by slave1

This is one of the wildest oils I have ever smelled! Wet on the skin it went OMGSWEET!coconut. There was a bit of creamy egg, not in a bad way but in a custard way, but *wow* so sweet. Then a floral note popped out, and the sweetness amped but became spicy.

On drydown this smells like I am wearing the last wafting bits of a very spicy, even Oriental-note, expensive perfume, but it is very barely detectable because I have just baked the most amazing egg custard ever, and am carrying it piping hot from oven to table.

I realize this doesn't sound good, but it is SO GOOD. I am praying the husband doesn't deem it "too sweet" as he did with my lovely Banded Sea Snake. If Egg'd becomes an oil that acts as hubby repellant, I will just cry.

Oh man, this must have vanilla because there is a slight plastic tone to it. It does smell custardy, and the plastic edge disappears after an hour or so.

Foodie lovers should rejoice. This is yummy in the custard stage. It does make me think of vanilla custard/pudding. Mmmm... pudding. :P

I sniffed Egg'd Mailbox, but I was testing a lot of other scents at the time, so I hesitate to comment on the drydown. What I can say, definitely, is that it opens with everything *good* about eggs--rich custard or nog with a touch of spice. Much, much more pleasant than I ever would have expected. I should have known it wouldn't really smell of raw eggs (or rotten, oh noes!). Nothing to fear from this Trick. :P

Egg'd Mailbox smells creamy in the bottle and is reminiscent of Egg Nog '05. But once it hits my skin, the foodiness goes away and I get the spicy "oriental" perfume someone else mentioned plus carnation (I think). It's a nice enough scent, but probably my least favorite of this year's Trick or Treat scents.

I'm soo glad I got my hands on a bottle of this!! :D

Yup, as the other reviews have said, a yummy, creamy custard scent. There is a slightly cinnamony, spice cabinet base to this blend. There is a hint of honeyed creaminess that reminds me a bit of O. There is also a hint of something sweet that I can't quite identify, like a powdery floral; but this is very faint. Definitely a sweet, fun, innocent smelling oil.

Just lovely!! I love it! :P

Yeah, eggy, slightly creamy, surrounded by hammered mailbox tin. Not really an egg custard scent to me - it does have a slight edge of rotten to it. So far, it's unlovely, doesn't need a place in my permanent clutch. I'll try it once more later on and edit accordingly if I change my mind.

a sweet egg flan with plenty of vanilla. it’s like eggnog without the spices – just creamy, eggy, sugary goodness. unfortunately, it’s extremely light and doesn’t have much throw.

This is a light, creamy, custardy, honeyed blend with a dusting of powdery white florals way in the background. It reminds me a little bit of Hony Mone, with less intensity and complexity (although it's not a flat scent by any means).

There's a hint of sweet spice, and an almost almondy/coconutty tone.

This is a very pretty scent! It's not quite "me," but I could see layering it with caramel and vanilla and making some creme brulee....

There's something a little plasticky going on too...nothing overtly so, but I am reminded of playing with dolls as a kid.

Seriously, if you like Hony Mone, grab a decant of Egg'd to try on.

3.3 out of 5

This one was pure "creme brulee" on me (sorry I don't know how to do the French accents on the words). Exactly how this sweet smelled when I tasted it in Parisian cafes. After a couple of hours I could sniff the spiciness (carnation?) that others mentioned. A nice blend for lovers of foody scents. Quite sweet.