Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
princessbeena

Egg'd Mailbox

Fresh egg, just starting to warm nicely in the sun!

Sniffed: Pale pink - the only pink oil I've ever seen. Smells like...coconut? And nail polish remover? Maybe a hint of something sharp? It's a little sweet, but not really THAT foody.

Wet: Definitely chemically-harsh, which I think is supposed to be the metal note, and I get a little bit of iron, maybe? Yeah, that metal note from Splatter Comedy and Iron Phoenix. Actually this is closer to SC than anything else I can recall.

Dry: I can see how the coconut is eggy/custardy - and actually it reminds me of chinese egg custard tart - but the metal note is more like, paint thinner over nutmeg (how iron smells to me), and that's not really working.

Later: It smells like Coppertone suntan lotion. Sort of fake coconut chemically-beachy. My roommate said 'pineapple upside down cake' and I sort of get a pina-colada feel - but like, cheap pina colada air freshener or something.

Summary: Plastic coconut suntan lotion that refuses to fade and has crazy strong throw; in fact it AMPS on my skin. It doesn't morph, but it's always gross.

:( Edited by Shollin

I was really excited to try this-- Chinese egg custard tarts are my obsession and the only place that sold them in my area closed a while ago, so when I read in some of the reviews that this smelled eggy and custardy I was hoping it'd be a good scent replacement for my favorite dessert. Unfortunately, I'm one of the people who gets nothing but plastic vanilla and baby powder from this. No spice or cream or anything good. So sad.

This reminds me of some kind of delicious custardy dessert with spices mixed in. It started out with a floral sort of tinge, but a few hours later it's very warm and smooth and creamy-spicy--almost like an indian rice pudding, but not, and almost like carnation, but not. There's a bare hint of something metallic, like the tang of warm steel. So glad I jumped on this one--for such a terrible name, it's amazing.

I cannot for the life of me describe this scent. It is foodie. It is not eggy. It is more like custard or nog. I love it and I can't stop sniffing my arm, but I would not wear it as a perfume. I think it would be great as an atmosphere scent. It also might be a good masculine scent. Something in it makes me feel like it's more manly. But I am more of a fruity and floral person.

but still...i feel like i have to have a bottle of this. I don't know why. It's addictive. Maybe I'd just open and sniff the bottle. I have no idea.

This has the strangest smell on me. Its like a honey, but not the labs usual honey smell, and baby powder. I don't smell egg, or vanilla or custard. No spice for that matter either. Just baby powder and a honey note. weird. :huh?:

Edited by Fetish911

This really doesn't smell like egg to me, kind of a slightly coconut vanilla custard, which I guess has egg in it. This is yummy and warm, and reminds me of other foody vanillas with a kick. I really like this, and will use up the imp.

I love this! I love all things EGG and this is exactly what I hoped it would be. It's a light egg scent that reminds me of tamago (the egg sushi)in a good way or a light creme brulee. Love the bottle art too so cute. :wub2:

EDIT: Ended up selling because the throw was so light

Edited by Ichigo

I get a custardy, vanilla, honey, powder from this scent. Not too powdery, not too foody. I'm in love, so glad to have a bottle.

Smells pretty much exactly like Lush's Silky Underwear perfume (I've never smelled the powder).

Hard to pick out any individual notes in the bottle, but it's definitely sweet, creamy, and slightly boozy. Reminds of eggnog (the real thing not the BPAL!). On the skin this starts out pure creamy vanilla custard, but as it dries it also has this warm sunshiny floral smell. My skin runs away with the floral aspects a bit taking it to a perfumey almost soapy place, but the sweet cream keeps it from being yuck. After a half hour I swear I'm smelling a hot metallic note peeking through. Overall this is a really pretty, very unique, sweet, girlish scent to me. Perfect for tea parties and sunny days.

Edited by Bambi Bloodlust

It was really hard to smell anything in the imp other than a faint sweet note. I love vanilla so I was really excited about this scent, unfortunately on my skin it becomes overwhelmingly nutmeg and remains strong. I ended up having to scrub it off because I couldn't handle it.