Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
princessbeena

Egg'd Mailbox

Fresh egg, just starting to warm nicely in the sun!

I gambled on an imp of this hoping for creme brulee, but sadly, it turned into a sugary floral on me. Ah well. Off to the swap bin.

This started off a sweet custard creme brulee kind of scent.

And then it turned into hideous cheap sugared violet candies.

I think I am the only one that got violet off it, but gah, that's all I smell.

I just got a bottle of this...was SOOOOO excited considering the demand for it and the reviews...and the fact that I adore Egg Nog!

On me....ICK!!!!!!!I never really understood the descriptor "turns to plastic on me" before now. But Egg'd Mailbox turns to funky plastic on me....WAAAAAA :D

I'll keep it for a bit to see if its hormones or not.....but ewwwww!! :P

in the imp: spicy, like Eggnog, but the egg is more like custard. *promising*

wet on skin: the spice is there, and there's a very, very light floral. this isn't foody at this point.

dry down: it's become like Eggnog with a floral undertone. interesting, but not, like WOW!

in all: i think i'll stick to Eggnog :P

Ack, and I strike out again with another inquisition scent. This started out a bit almondy on me, and a bit astringent O_o, which was okay, but not great. I like almond, but I don't love it. Then as it dried it mostly faded, and what was left smelled like...incense? O_o Maybe kind of a dark floral? Yeah, I don't know. I wasn't expecting to like this one, so I'm not that disappointed :P.

Egg’d Mailbox

In the imp: yup, this does smell like sweet custard! And maybe even meringues!

Wet on skin: now it smells a tiny bit floral? It’s very pretty!

Dry: this is a very pretty scent indeed! No eggs, but definite hints of eggy desserts like custard, meringue and flan. However, it’s not all foody. There’s a floral edge to it, which has hints of carnation (which boosts/is enhanced by the slight hint of spice the scent has) and a sweet Asian floral (cherry blossom or rice flower perhaps?), but also a brighter, sharper, fresh floral which is a tiny bit metallic, almost hinting at the perfumey scent I get from the metal scents. But the custard/flan scent gives this a fluffy, creamy, sweet scent. This is really lovely.

After a while: oh, this gets better. That floral/fresh perfume scent is a lot more subtle now and this scent has gone back to it’s creamy stage. It smells like vanilla custard and crème brulee (but I don’t smell caramel) but there’s that hint of carnation to it which is so lovely. I also smell a sweet fluffy something (can’t say what) which reminds me of Marshmallow Poof, only a little bit creamier and without that odd ‘doll head’ scent I got from MP. But this seems like a sister to MP, almost like the naughty version of the Poof. It’s a warm scent too, with that spicy hint of clove/carnation, maybe even some nutmeg too (hmm, perhaps there’s some eggnog here too?) It’s very unique and I can’t think of many other scents that smell similar, actually.

The scent moves between smelling of carnations and eggnog with interludes of custard. It’s really delicious but not sickly sweet. The drydown is a soft powdered sugar scent like crumbly meringues.

Verdict: the description for this scent sounded least appealing. But this is my favourite of the Trick or Treat 07 scents! of course it doesn’t smell of egged mailboxes, it smells like the loveliest mix of custard and flan and crème brulee, with a touch of meringue powder. All the loveliest egg based desserts, hints of vanilla and spice, a splash of eggnog, and even some carnation (that could be a clove note, but it smells more floral to me) to stop the scent from being too foody. This is such a fun scent, a highly original and delicious gourmand scent and I’m so glad I was able to swap for a bottle of it!

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? Yes, I swapped my Poof for it, and I’m really pleased I did.

I was starting to think I was nuts, getting such a perfumey, musky note in this instead of pure custard as I expected. Looks like, from other reviews, that I'm not alone. This is gorgeous! It is eggy at first, but not boozy like Egg Nog is--more of a creamy eggy sweetness. But on the drydown that muskiness comes out and...well, it ends up smelling a LOT like Possets Madame X on me. This is quite surprising to say the least.

It has great staying power and quite a bit of throw, which, again, I wasn't expecting based on Egg Nog. I think this would sell like crazy if it ever comes back in any form.

On me Egg'd Mailbox is yummy egg custard sweetened with rich vanilla and a touch of spices. My nose doesn't pick up any boozy tones, and it's just fluffy and creamy enough to be tantalizing without going too overboard into foody territory. There's an interesting floral feeling present as well, which intensifies with time. I swear it's carnation, and I'm glad to see that other reviews mention that as well and I'm not just projecting my love of carnations onto everything. :P It has that familiar smooth floral sweetness and spice, which really works wonderfully with the spiciness of the custard. Eventually it takes on the qualities of a skin musk scent, totally sexy and personal while still retaining its former deliciousness. I really love Egg'd, the overall effect of thick vanilla egg custard meets spicy carnation is unique and crazy good.

bottle: very eggy, spicy custard scent with a distinct metallic note. my husband made a face that warned me i'd better not wear this around him too much. i, however, find it quite pleasant.

wet: this is less eggy once applied, though still a sweet, perhaps vanilla custard scent. the metallic note is faint but still present. absolutely excellent interpretation!

dry: this has the same drydown as midway on my skin. there is that same unusual sweet note that is threatening to ruin the whole effect.

I've been dying to try this for a long while now, and I'm not disappointed!

For the first half hour or so, Egg'd Mailbox was a sweet and vaguely floral scent. Then it morphed into delicious vanilla custard. I love it and I will definitely jump on a bottle if I ever get the chance.

It smelled a little bit like something foody at first, but within 5 minutes it switched to something definitely perfumey. A bit floral and slightly metallic, and like incense. Very strange. I had thought this would be a foody scent, but on me it's not. It's a pretty perfumey scent, but it's not at all what I was hoping for.

i received a sniffie/few-drops-left imp of this as a gracious extra from odalisque. :P

mmmm, i could not IMAGINE what this one would smell like as i don't recall this round of LEs (i often won't pay attention to them on the site for fear of falling in love with something that will eventually be hard to find!), but wow. in the imp this is a lovely, warm vanilla. i heart vanilla! so far so good! :D

once on, it becomes vanilla custard through and through. very rich and sweet and foody. quite yummy!! it's a lovely, luscious scent, but unfortunately my tummy does not do foody perfumes/oils very well. so alas! :D

but i'm thrilled i got the chance to try it! (thank you, odalisque!)

This was the scent that made me decide not to play. Eggs--ick. I don't even like to sit across someone who is eating them. Especially fried. (I am actually feeling nauseated just writing that.)

But oh oh oh oh. This is one of my all-time favorite scents. On my it is spicy, creamy egg custard, which I will eat, esp. if it's spicier than it is eggy. And this is a creamy cinnamon-nutmeg and vanilla concoction I don't want to resist.

It's a sure-fire nausea-beater. :P

Oh, God. Something named Egg'd Mailbox has absolutely no right to smell this good. This is what I wanted Mitzvah to be like- creamy, sweet vanilla. Soooo good.

Sweet in the imp, like huffing honey. Honey doesn't always work on me, but I'm hopeful.

Wet on the skin, boy howdy, hello throw. I'm not sure why some of the sweetest stuff just explodes the second it gets on my skin. Not always complaining, but it sure is "loud" for a second or two. I can tell immediately that while there might be honey in here, it's not pure. People have said they get custard, and I can see why, but it's not there yet for me. Smells good, but there's an edge that I'm sort of worried might go plasticky.

Fortunately it doesn't, but it does go a little musty at the very end of the drydown. This might be one for my locket or maybe one that just needs to be refreshed. Whatever the case, I don't feel like I need to hunt down a bottle, but I will keep my imp.

Imp: Egg custard with a bit of a floral overtone.

Wet: A very floral egg custard. Light florals ( lilies, maybe?) and a bit of clean linen and a wee bit of egg custard underneath.

Dry: This is predominantly a floral on me. Floral with some vanilla support, and a honeyed sweetness. I can see how people say carnation. I’m crappy at identifying florals, but this does have that spicy floral quality to it. So, I’m guessing honeyed carnations and creamy vanilla (loses the egginess). The throw increases the longer it stays on me, and the scent loses a lot of the spice/floral and ends as a creamy honey scent.

Overall: I was expecting something really foody and creamy and eggy (and hoping for something stronger than egg nog 07, which I liked but which didn’t have much throw on me). This wasn’t what I was expecting, but it IS lovely. I’m tempted to hunt for a bottle, but as that may prove difficult, I’ll at least be keeping and loving my imp!

ETA: I'm more familiar with the scent now (got that bottle I mention above!), and wanted to add that there are times when I wear this that it just smells like the perfect summer day. Its like sitting and eating an egg custard flavored snowcone in the sunlight, the summer flowers blooming in the distance, and smelling just a hint of your coconut sunscreen as it wears off. Mmmmmm.

Edited by jewelbug

When I first read the description, I thought someone would have to be absolutely mad to hope for this one. Sun-warmed eggs? Ew.

Somehow I wound up with a bottle anyhow. And ... I love it.

It's a sweet, soft, creamy, mild vanilla floral and it just sings on my skin. Does get odd looks, though, when I tell the name....

A sweetened, vanilla floral. It is very creamy, and at times the vanilla overpowers the floral. I can see the comparisons to creme brulee or vanilla custard. There is a spice vibe that I can detect every now and again.

I also at times get a metallic twang.

Egg'd mailbox is awesome. Foody, floral and very pretty.

Edited by Schmoozy

In the decant: Custard!

Wet, this is very custard-like. Makes me want to eat my arm.

As it dries, it gets a little spicier and a little bit more floral. It's still a vanilla custard scent, but it's kept back from going cloying on my skin. Pretty! But my decant will do for me. :P

In Vial: Perfumey, not what I was expecting

Wet: Sweet, milky and a tiny bit buttery

Dry: smells like baked goods.

Frimp from the incredibly generous, lovely Bain! :wave:

Imp: First and foremost... guys, have you seen this oil? It's PURPLE! Like, light eggplant with touches of almost greyish green. That's the most badass thing ever! And now, ahem, on with the review. At first sniff I get a little touch of a lot of things-- definitely a browned sugar, like the topping on flan, and cream, and a lovely sweet bakery vanilla and almost a yeasty aspect, with some florals, and then, weird but awesome, a sensation of, like, rubbery texture. Like fried eggs. It doesn't smell like eggs, it smells like bouncing your fork off an egg that's been poached for too long, but in a good way. No, I cannot explain, but I do love it. Like cream brulee with gardenias and carnation and extra cinnamon on top.

Wet: I definitely get a blast of the florals, strong and heady, backed by some seriously sweet vanilla, caramel and heavy whipping cream and spice. I smell downright edible and oh God, now I really want a milkshake, and when did I get so hungry? The vanillas stay true on my skin, which is kind of rare with foody blends, and the florals don't go soapy, and there's just enough spicy to give it bite. Spring is entirely the wrong time to be wearing this; it would be dynamite in winter.

Dry: This is the "O" of foody scents-- sexy, dripping with sugar, downright lickable. I'm not huge on smelling sweet but this is so well-balanced by carnation and spice that you will pry this imp from my cold, dead hands. Definitely stashing it until the weather gets cool, and then, oh, how I will make everyone around me gain weight by smelling like home-made custard ALL THE TIME. Seriously, this is better than actually eating the custard it smells like, and if that's not high praise I don't know what is! :wub2:

I don't know why I was craving this one today since it's not a typical hot weather pick for me in any shape or form. But it's so delicious right now. Foody in a way I can actually wear (and I can't wear many of them). Even though I have to admit I only wear foody scents when I'm at home and not planning to go out. They're like my pajama/loungewear scents.

Anyways, this has a slightly burnt sugar smell, or browned sugar maybe. It's more sugary on me than creamy, and heavy on the vanilla. I don't know if it's the power of suggestion after reading all the reviews for this...but it does remind me of creme brulee or some sort of custardy dessert. Not one I reach for often but delicious whenever I do.