Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
cranberry

Embalming Fluid Claw Polish

Sheer Glitter
Nearly sheer glittery glow-in-the-dark polish! Utilize for some gloriously ghoulish layering. Despite what the name implies, this formula, like all the others we offer, does not contain formaldehyde.

I just got my box and had to try the polish.

In the bottle, it's a light creamy mint - lime color, with glitter! I love glitter polishes so I was happy to see this.

Applied, it dries quick. Really quick. One coat will put some glitter down, but to get the full effect, you really need to apply a couple more. The glitter is the iridescent shell type -not just limited to a single color. There's silver, light pink, light purple, light green, gold etc. Even with multiple coats applied, it is essentially sheer - there is a faint whisper of a pearly polish but it's just a suggestion. So there's a light shimmer to your nails but nothing over the top, so it's a good office polish.

I wasn't quite expecting the texture - I usually expect polishes, even if they have glitter, to be smooth. This has texture. You can feel the glitter when you run your fingertips over it. So it has a bit of a rough texture.

And then I can't forget, there IS that glow in the dark thing. It's a faint glow, but a glow nonetheless. Love it!

I wasn't going to write a review initially, but I have a little something to add to what cranberry said. Ignore the green color in the bottle, because in my experiments I've not been able to get anything nearing a green shade out of this polish no matter how many layers I use. And I'm glad. The glitter is exceptionally fine and has a light multicolored aurora-borealis effect. Also, the polish itself leaves a frosted glass effect on the nail which is very unusual and pretty. :P

While I love the green glowworm color of Embalming Fluid in the bottle, on the nail it has a sheer opalescent glitter. I used one coat over a dark polish and it did have a bit of flash in low light without the showy glow-in-the-dark quality of a Halloween costume. It has enough flash to be novel and fun without blaring. Adding another coat would up the intensity and I am certainly open to that too.

I found that putting on a top coat softens the feel of the raised glitter. The polish alone has a bit too much texture for me, but it's easily remedied. If I left it alone I would be tempted to pick at it, yet with a top coat, that temptation vanishes. :P

Embalming Fluid reminds me of some of the polishes I wore when I was thirteen, except a much better quality version with a longer wear time and more manageable application. The polish smoothes on easily and doesn't land with a gloppy thud on the nail as the glitter polishes of long ago. Having shimmery fingernails makes me nostalgic and happy. I will be picking up a bottle for each of my five nieces. While younger girls would appreciate it, I do think it's wearable as a creative look for people of all ages. I can't wait to to try it over dark reds and plum shades for a holiday look. I think it belongs on my toenails!

I only put on a quick layer before running out. I dried quickly but I didn't see the glow in the dark effect. I'd recommend a few layers unless you're putting it over another color (something I want to try with Lady Macbeth).

In the bottle, this is a very pale, shimmery mint green base mixed with glitter.

Ont he nails, the green is so light it's indiscernible. Rather it creates that "frosted glass" effect that earlier posters spoke of.

The glitter is pastel rainbow glitter, sparkling in many different colors. And ooh, boy is this stuff glittery.

This polish is very light and transparent, so 1 or 2 coats will produce a very subtle effect, just adding a slight creamy shimmer to your nails when they catch the light. Several coats (and I usually apply 5-6!) will create really sparkly, metallic looking nails with just a hint of green.

They'll glow no matter how much you put on, but if you add several layers, you get this bright white flourescent effect in the dark. And it has to be very dark. This is definitely better than any of the glow-in-dark polishes I played with as a teenager.

Overall, it makes me feel...magical. I mean, subtle, shimmery, glowing nails? This stuff is great.

Although I should warn that the glitter content is quite high, so you may want to add a base coat and top coat. I'd recommend No Miss brand, which is sold at places like Whole Foods and has no scary fourmaldehyde or toluene in it.

Embalming Fluid claw polish is obviously very high quality and holds together well, much better than other glitter polishes I've tried, but the high glitter content still keeps it from sticking as well as other polishes. it really benefits from a smooth base coat and a matte protective top coat.

This isn't green at all on my nails which is a good thing as it means I can wear it with any clothes. I had to use a few layers for this to show up as much as I liked it to but it is a lovely mix of different coloured glitters and looks really pretty. It only glows if it's really dark but it still does glow quite well! So well in fact when I was being taught at college what to do in the dark room I was told to put gloves on becase the glow of my nail polish may have got too much light onto the film! :P

In the bottle this is a light green, but it goes on clear (apart from the glitter, of course!). The glitter is reasonably large flecks in multiple colours. It catches the light but is reasonably discrete on your nails. It's easy to put on and dries very quickly - on my first coat, I can start at my thumb and it's dry by the time I hit my little finger, although it starts taking longer the more coats you put on. As for glowing, it doesn't glow much with 1 coat, but glows quite well with 2 and really brightly with 3. I keep being surprised at night when I turn my light off and see my glowing fingernails floating around in the dark. I do find it chipped a fair bit by itself, but layered over another colour it lasted better, and I imagine it would be better still if I'd done base and top coats.

Overall, I'm very pleased - I bought this for the glow in the dark aspect, and it's fantastic!

Edit to fix typos.

Edited by dzurlady

I loves teh glow and glitta!

In the bottle, the polish has that tell-tale greenish tint that means "yes... I glow" I see the lovely pastel glitter all up in it's guts. It wants me to put it on.

So I roll it in my claws and pop that sucker open. As I apply it, I notice how easily it goes on the talons. Usually my polish either a.) drips all over the place and doesn't stay put, or b.) globs up on a part of the nail and resists spreading.

This is like a perfect frosting going onto the nails. It smooths soooo perfectly!! I put about 3 coats on (for good measure and optimum glow!) and boy does this dry quick!! I have several glitter polishzez and this is by far the best!! I have to comment about the brush. It's stick straight and and not too floppy. I really really hate floppy flimsy nail brushes, cause they can go wonky and make polish go all over (See table leg for reference)

I am putting my order in for more polishes NOW!

Thanks Tradin' Post! You guys ROCK... again!! GET OVER YOURSELVES!! We all know that you know that we know that you guys make the best shit. :P

I dabbed this on. I couldn't help myself. I do love glitter - and this is wonderful. It looks green in the bottle, but goes on clear, if you don't take the glitter. The glitter is small, sophisticated and iridescent. I've only had this on for a little while, but I noticed a faint glow when I went to the bathroom.

What I like is that the glitter is fine, small specks. Very inconspicious. I don't think they'd noticed in the office. Until I moved my hands.

And yes, I am staring at the shiny, fascinated. Heheh.

I haven't tried this by itself yet. I just did a French manicure tonight with Maiden and white tips, then did three coats of Embalming Fluid over the top and finished with an ice finish top coat. My nails look like opals! It is such a lovely, lovely effect over Maiden. It went on very smoothly and dried very quickly. The top coat keeps it from feeling too textured. So of course, I had to test it in the dark. I went from chic and sophisticated to thirteen and squealing with delight. The glow was *bright* and very neon green-ish. I adore, adore, adore this polish. It allows you to create a lovely, age appropriate look and still indulge the inner kid.

I finally have a favorite nail polish again, and this is it! The intensity and duration of the glow appear to depend at least as much on the brightness of the light my nails were last exposed to as to how much I put on and it definitely needs to be sandwiched between base and top coats unless you want chipping to start the next day, but since these rules have been established the fun has yet to stop. I feel a little radioactive every night when I turn off my touch lamp before bed. :D

Sheer glitter nail polish. It does not glow in the dark for me, but the bottle does. I'm not sure even why I bought this, as it isn't my style. I was hoping for a more smooth, shiny polish.

This is definitely a fun shade to have. It looks like it should go on a pale spring green from the bottle, but it goes on almost clear. With a few layers, I got a weak gloss of green, but still almost transparent. For me, both in the bottle and on the nails gave a glow in the dark effect. But, I find that the glitter, though pretty to have, seems to have a texture that needs a top coat to smooth it out. And this stuff lasts on the nails.

ETA: I found out that some colors under the polish seem to make the glow in the dark effect stronger, while other ones I've used affect it by having less strength. I have also scared people who don't realize that I'm wearing it and they find "something glowing for no reason" after I'd turned off the lights half and hour before. So, this one has lasting ability. And it still is the best of all the polishes on the chip resistance.

Edited by anaengel

I've had this polish for a while, but I still smile whenever I get the chance to wear it. It is a very sheer polish, so if you're looking for a bright green color you're either going to have to put ten million coats on or put it over a bright green polish. However, if you're just looking for the barest hint of green with glitter, it's perfect. I will mention, though, it scares me to death whenever I turn my lights off at night because for just a second I'm wondering what in the world is floating over my face! Then, I remember that I have glowing nail polish on, and all is right with the world.