casual sniffer

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • SotD:Cheshire cat
  • Rabbit
  • Leo
  • United States

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:58 AM

I have discovered I love the smell of berries and I have been desperately searching for the ultimate warm jam scent. I've tried knave of hearts, eat me, and eat the strawberries the two of the latter being the closest but not quite there (eat the strawberries was too green/fresh and the currants in eat me are so close but the cake scent sometimes overpowers the currants) any recommendations?

#227 celestia

celestia

Wild FAT SHINY UNICORN appeared!

• Members
  • 902 posts
  • SotD:Black Lace
  • Rabbit
  • Nothing Selected
  • Sweden

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:03 AM

I have discovered I love the smell of berries and I have been desperately searching for the ultimate warm jam scent. I've tried knave of hearts, eat me, and eat the strawberries the two of the latter being the closest but not quite there (eat the strawberries was too green/fresh and the currants in eat me are so close but the cake scent sometimes overpowers the currants) any recommendations?

Off the top of my head, and depending on how your chemistry amps the jammy aspect of red berries:

Zombie Apocalypse, Gollettes, Strawberry Sufganiyot, and Raspberry Sufganiyot.

There aren't a whole lot of options for other berries, even blackberry jam scents are kind of really scarce. I love MB: Closet but the Blackberry note in it amps on me , making it smell a little jammy, while Blackberry jam and scones amped the scone/bakedgoods aspect... You might have better luck there!

Edited by celestia, 27 August 2017 - 10:07 AM.

#228 Jenjin

Jenjin

sexy swapper

• Members
  • 627 posts
  • Mood:Curious Cat
  • SotD:Flickering Lantern
  • Monkey
  • Cancer
  • United States

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:03 PM

Have you tried Sticky Eyeballs and Floppy Entrails? It is totally, thick, sticky jam to me with a side a gooey. 

#229 Jenjin

Jenjin

sexy swapper

• Members
  • 627 posts
  • Mood:Curious Cat
  • SotD:Flickering Lantern
  • Monkey
  • Cancer
  • United States

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:09 PM

Can anyone recommend a blend that has Myrrh as a dominant component? 

CP Shadows and Reflections is probably my favorite Myrrh scent right now. I see a few bottles left at the lab too! 

#230 Spaztic

Spaztic

evil enabler

• Members
  • 294 posts
  • Mood:Moody
  • Rat
  • Leo
  • Canada

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:47 PM

Hunting for an Opium blend...I found out much too late that I love When Nothing Was and now I'm looking for something close that I can actually get my hands on

#231 LizziesLuck

LizziesLuck

1/32 too few

• Members
  • 4,774 posts
  • Mood:Content
  • SotD:So Below
  • Ox
  • Aries
  • Canada

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:48 PM

Hunting for an Opium blend...I found out much too late that I love When Nothing Was and now I'm looking for something close that I can actually get my hands on

This thread http://www.bpal.org/...opium/?hl=opium may be helpful?

I really love Lydia from Bloodmilk, you could give that a shot next time they do a release? Opium tar and sweet patchouli with labdanum, awadh, and inky black myrrh.

#232 Spaztic

Spaztic

evil enabler

• Members
  • 294 posts
  • Rat
  • Leo
  • Canada

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:15 PM

This thread http://www.bpal.org/...opium/?hl=opium may be helpful?

I really love Lydia from Bloodmilk, you could give that a shot next time they do a release? Opium tar and sweet patchouli with labdanum, awadh, and inky black myrrh.

Yes! Excellent, thank you!

#233 DiesMali

DiesMali

diabolical decanter

• Members
  • 850 posts
  • Tiger
  • Leo
  • United States

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:01 PM

Evil from the GC is more complicated than When Nothing Was, but at least on me, the opium note in Evil is the predominant note, and it's that same sweet, smooth, little bit smoky one from WNW. 

#234 Spaztic

Spaztic

evil enabler

• Members
  • 294 posts
  • Rat
  • Leo
  • Canada

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:54 AM

Evil from the GC is more complicated than When Nothing Was, but at least on me, the opium note in Evil is the predominant note, and it's that same sweet, smooth, little bit smoky one from WNW. 

Thank you!

I'll have to grab an imp of it with my next order

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users